• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion Update - Where & When

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all. I'm not sure if others are as frustrated as I am about trying to find where the invasion is when I am on. But if so, perhaps we can help each other by posting here when and where the invasion is. Right now its 11:35 p.m. CST and all I know is that Brit and Minoc have something blocking my recall spots. Visited Brit and found nothing worthwhile. So if you know where an invasion can be found please post here and state when you were there. I hope I see more helpful updates than mine.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i think this is a great idea. Minoc is bugged i do believe. It has been frozen at forsaken ncps for over a week. Last time i was in Brit i noticed the same thing it seemed to be stuck at cowardice. Looked all over in both places for the Crimson dragon, well kind of sort of. :blushing: Last time i found one by accident inside the vesper bank. If TDA finds it we'll post here and Nikka will be sure to let UMP know though guild chat also. Last time i went to Luna to let people know, I was ignored and ridiculed:sad4: so i won't be doing that again.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome Tamais. If I were in Luna at one of your announcements, I would certainly have joined you. I'm essentially guildless at the moment, and I occasionally get an icq message informing me of a crimson or invasion somewhere, but they are just too few and far between. Those that have my icq, I welcome all call to arms. Of course, I may not always be able to respond. My computer is typically on 24/7 but I have rl stuff that interveres with sitting in front of it 24/7. :) I hate wasting my uo time looking for an invasion that generally is not there. I intend to check stratics before each uo outing.

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What looks like is going on is Britain, Minoc, and Skara Brae are all stuck. Since only three towns can be active, it looks like invasions are frozen. I saw elsewhere that if there is a yellow NPC that has a tag, then spawn cannot advance. Not sure if this is true, but each of these towns has stables with yellow NPCs that fit this. Tried paging a few times but no GM ever responds (don't even get the look it up on the web standard response).

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What looks like is going on is Britain, Minoc, and Skara Brae are all stuck. Since only three towns can be active, it looks like invasions are frozen. I saw elsewhere that if there is a yellow NPC that has a tag, then spawn cannot advance. Not sure if this is true, but each of these towns has stables with yellow NPCs that fit this. Tried paging a few times but no GM ever responds (don't even get the look it up on the web standard response).
Thanks Garion. The invasion has been frustrating just trying to find it. The Town Criers should say "Britain is under attack"; "Crimson Dragon spotted in Minoc"; etc.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been gone for Thanksgiving. Will try to check the invasion in an hour or so. If anyone checks before then, please post.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Trinsic is Hatred still, 10:54 CST

Note that the indications are that the Crimson Dragon is out, somewhere, but that "Somewhere" could be as far north as Spirituality, given as that's about as far north as I've encountered (Hatred) healers and Gypsies.

Similarly, even the Lost Valley mages are (Hatred).

It may take a concerted effort scouring the forests, jungles and maybe the swamp to the north to find the Dragon.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10:10 pm cst Tuesday. Trinsic redirects and something is blocking Moonglow. Have no rune to Yew for some reason, so cannot check it. Will waste my time checking Trinsic again. No later post means I found nothing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Several of us checked Trinsic earlier - I did a grid search of the entire affected by hatred area - no Dragon, though there should have been. IS it possible that someone may have lured it off into Trinsic Jungle (or even the swamp, or the wilderness between Trinsic & Skara) - or is it just bugged?

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several of us checked Trinsic earlier - I did a grid search of the entire affected by hatred area - no Dragon, though there should have been. IS it possible that someone may have lured it off into Trinsic Jungle (or even the swamp, or the wilderness between Trinsic & Skara) - or is it just bugged?
Anything is probably possible, but my bet is on the bug. I may check again later, but for now I'm pretty tired of wasting time trying to find an invasion that isn't there.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8:29 p.m. cst Moonglow says something blocking but nothing there. Townfolk are normal. No other invasion indicator.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
11 Central PM, monday the 8th

Crimson dragon at south Counselors guild Trinsic - need backup ASAP

Update: Defeated it a little before 12 - was a pain in the arse....

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gamlin and others, I have essentially discontinued this thread. No only have I been unable to really scout for the invasion, no one really seems interested in posting information.

T

T_Amon_from_work

If you (as the OP) wish to discontinnue additions to this thread, you can lock it I believe. At the forum level, find your thread. In the left-most column (where there may be a flame or green dot icon), double-click it the icon. The lock should appear.

Naturally, Basara or I can lock it for you if you wish.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are actually people fighting the invasions now - however, if last night is any indication, by the time people could see a post about where it is, the crimson may already be defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.