• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invalid Code - Incorrect Format from Origin Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some UO game codes are being sent formatted incorrectly.

Sent format: 4-4-4-4-4-4-2

Correct format 6-5-5-5-5

For further help or other issues, from uo.com:
Technical and Billing Support

The Customer Support Teams can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Players can use this to request assistance with account, billing, technical, or other ingame issues.

English Support:
  • Email [email protected]
  • Click on the "Contact Us" link on this page and follow the simple steps to "Chat" or set up a "Call Back" if the option is available to you.
German and French Support:
  • Email [email protected]
  • Please add your country code and phone number to the email if you would like us to call you back.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is still happening a full week after Petra had to come here and make this post. ( I say had to because Petra knows that UO Stratics is the closest any of us players will get to being heard, but that some of the more juvenile among us will rant back at her as tho she had any involvement in or way to correct issues like this. Reporting screwups often gets the messenger shot, but she does it anyway. So thank you Petra, for putting yourself in harms way for us. )

So - it's been at least a week since the genius's doing the CGI code for the EA Store have been notified of a simple error in the forms created for UO purchases. (No doubt the 4-4-4-4-4-4-4-2 format is used by one of EA's other holdings and got stuck there by mistake). This is a trivial programming change to say the least. What this delay says is that one hand at EA has no freekin' idea what the other one is doing... And it goes on, and on, and on.

I've had the privilege of working directly with Bonnie Mesanna Armstrong over the past couple of days regarding issues at the EA Store. I won't quote all of what she said here, simply because it's private and I don't have her permission. But I will quote her on this one part - where she says: "Above all I value my players. I will do anything within my power to fix things." And she did, fix things for me.

So for all of us who want to rant and rage about our experiences with the EA/Mythic/Origin account or shopping experience - which we all have the right to do - please point your anger and frustration in the direction that it belongs. Not at the game development team and certainly not the Stratics team. Those two are on OUR side.

Last edited:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
STORE IS MEES UP AGAIN, 2 FREINDS CANT GET WHAT THE BOUGHT 1 RUSTIC PACK AND 1 CHAR TRANSFER

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
STORE IS MEES UP AGAIN, 2 FREINDS CANT GET WHAT THE BOUGHT 1 RUSTIC PACK AND 1 CHAR TRANSFER
If it is NOT accepting their codes, make certain that they are FORMATTED correctly ( as in Petra's OP above ).

Example:

If their codes look like this: W7F9-CXNU-XHX9-1J9V-JHbY-1W4C-WB

Then they need to REFORMAT that code to this: W7F9CX-NUXHX-91J9V-JHbY1-W4CWB

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to give a sincere thank you because not only did I automatically know in my heart to come here to get my problem resolved, the good people of these UO forums are seriously concerned about our well being in and out of this game. I know if I waited long enough the answer would be here. I did not receive an email either. Thankfully I pasted to a notepad before closing out the window.

On a side note, which really isn't a side note. You'd think adding this to the patch screen or main uo site would be something to help?

On another side, pictures on the site to see what we are buying would be nice too! Just for verification. :)

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A GM told me not to enter the code on the Promotional Codes thing and only on the website. But now, thanks to the advice here, I finally got my raised garden bed from the Rustic PacK! YAY!

Skunk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A GM told me not to enter the code on the Promotional Codes thing and only on the website. But now, thanks to the advice here, I finally got my raised garden bed from the Rustic PacK! YAY!
It took me a few hours of head scratching last night until I found this post as well. Silly codes...

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have Excel (these formulas are for the English version), you can try the following method:
In cell A1 enter the received code (without blanks).
In cell B1 strip the invalid placed "-" characters with the formula: =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",)
In cell C1 add correctly placed "-" chars with the formula: =LEFT(B1,6) & "-" &MID(B1,7,5)&"-"&MID(B1,12,5)&"-" &MID(B1,17,5)&"-" &RIGHT(B1,5)
You can then copy/paste the result.
Did work well for me.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Last edited:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For users without Excel, but with PowerShell installed (which can be found on all modern Windows versions and is downloadable for Windows XP):
Open PowerShell ISE and insert the following lines:

$code = "1234-5678-90AB-CDEF-1234-5678-90"
$delimiter = "-"
$code = $code.Replace($delimiter,"")
$code = $code.insert(21,$delimiter).insert(16,$delimiter).insert(11,$delimiter).insert(6,$delimiter)
$code

Replace the code in first line with the code, you received.
(Do not remove the "-signs around the code block.)
Run the script by clicking the green arrow.
The script will give a valid formatted code in the output, which you can copy and paste. (To avoid pasting formatting components, it helps to use Notepad as first target for paste, then copy again from there and paste it into Account management.)

Edit: Instead of a full fletched script you can also use a one line command in PowerShell:
("1234-5678-90AB-CDEF-1234-5678-90".replace("-","")).insert(21,"-").insert(16,"-").insert(11,"-").insert(6,"-")

*Salute*
Olahorand

Last edited:

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are other issues with the Account Management site as well.... its not allowing me to re-activate my older accounts with my credit card. It times out the request. I can go to the EA store and buy a token just fine and using the "reformat" above I can input that into the account, so I know the credit card works. But it will not allow me to put in a SUBSCRIPTION. I get to "Confirm Payment" page for $14.11 and hit Submit and it just hangs there, then just page 404 cannot be displayed shows up. Anyone else having that issue?

~ Sue.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what a friend and I experienced exactly a week ago. For 43 minutes we couldn't even get the "confirm" page, just an HTML error 500 about "no data" after choosing which credit card (or entering a new one).

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even the reformatting isn't working for mythic tokens... keep getting an error.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, I don't know what this community would do without you. This post saved me so much time digging through the origin stores help pages which were leading no where. Thank you.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have Excel (these formulas are for the English version), you can try the following method:
In cell A1 enter the received code (without blanks).
In cell B1 strip the invalid placed "-" characters with the formula: =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",)
In cell C1 add correctly placed "-" chars with the formula: =LEFT(B1,6) & "-" &MID(B1,7,5)&"-"&MID(B1,12,5)&"-" &MID(B1,17,5)&"-" &RIGHT(B1,5)
You can then copy/paste the result.
Did work well for me.
*Salute*
Olahorand
Thank you Olahorand, that formula worked a charm, sorted my Kings Collection code

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to use this after buying King's Collection today, maybe this should be a sticky?.

tons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having the issue with a high seas code. I'm getting the error that this code cannot be used with any of my accounts... I contacted uo support via e-mail with no response. Then I tried the live chat option..that person told me that they verified the code was unused and to contact uo support via email... Imagine that. The format is correct btw... anyone else having that issue recently?

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be happy to know that we have made some changes to our code to accept any formatting Origin sends the in game codes in. You will not have to reformat the codes after we have published the fix to this. This will not be published till next week. We are expected to get a nasty storm here so I will post when we get it out.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I just bought a game token, and it is "invalid". Now I'm sitting around waitng for a GM.

Never mind.... I read Startle's post a minute ago and now it's fixed. Many thanks! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you try the 6-5-5-5 formula from above? Mesanna's fix hasn't gone in yet

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems the promo codes still don't work i had to reformat one code which worked but trying to redeem the workers table and it just says internal error.. where i go from here ive no idea ive paged a gm but theres no que :/

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the ever expanding club of players - who simply request that Origin allow purchases. For reasons known only to Origin, perfectly good PayPal accounts or a credit card with a perfect history, may cause Origin's incredibly inept e-commerce software to reject purchases - for reasons like, oh say - you have the audacity to wish to make two purchases in the same day.

Many have shown their dismay here and - no doubt - there are many more who simply stop trying. What an asinine way to run a business...

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems the promo codes still don't work i had to reformat one code which worked but trying to redeem the workers table and it just says internal error.. where i go from here ive no idea ive paged a gm but theres no que :/
Ayup, waited for a GM for hours the other day and now hours again today. I am a patient person but I'm ready to explode. Why they just can't re-email a correct code is beyond me.

Edit: Waited over 8 hours in game and not a peep.

April 21 Edit: Email received asking for details. Details sent today. Today the issue was resolved.
/rant

Last edited:

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A gm showed up and sorted the deed out there wasn't any fuss so im assuming the woodworkers bench isn't working correctly so nothing to do with the formatting of the serial.

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a new problem. Just got to love Murphey's Law. I tried to buy from EA things I needed I should say things I wanted for my game. I tried I think it was a total of maybe 6 times. I tried my UO e-mails. I then tried my EA accounts I could remember but no luck. I had just got a problem fixed by a helpful person from BroadSword. Then I was told to check with EA for things that should apply to EA. So I did first guy I got on phone was we can't help you go ask UO. So I did resend another message to UO so far no answer. In meantime I thought I would try EA again. Explaining I felt it must be their site since I was trying to buy from EA. she seemed excited to help me. I was feeling oh yay maybe it will get fixed or I could get an answer. Altho next day she sent me an e-mail saying she was sorry that she did not know that BroadSwords had bought Ultimate and so she could not help. Any billing questions had to go to them. I know that I do not know much about how things work in cyber land. Since my billing says to EA. I was on EA site trying to buy some ultimate things I wanted. My logical mind says I would think it was an EA problem but logic does not always work. Now I am waiting for UO support to contact me. I can do without the things that EA is selling but my concern is if I don't get this fixed. UO comes out with a new upgrade. I won't be able to purchase it. Anyone have any ideas? My other question when you go to EA site and put UO in does it bring all items for sale. Because for me that night it didn't. I typed different things in in one case I had to know the name of one product. Finally found items I was looking for like upgrade for bank and house to have more storeage.. I see tho there is still a problem with codes. So maybe I should look at it this way if I got my order i might have to be dealing with code issues again. I do recall that taking alot of time but that was a long while back.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HRM. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my registration key for a boxed version of Dragon Age: Origins was accepted on Origin downloader. Yah, I have wait a very long time for it to download, but I don't like swapping discs around when I want to play a game. Dragon Age 2 was on sale, so I have that as well. :D

mDySFuNkShuN

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I bought a stygian abyss code at this time. It didn't work out. I bought another. That one didn't work. I tried the new format then. A gm actually came to my house in person to help. The gm was very helpful. We got one code working. I tried to email about a refund, but I never got one. I think my emails might have gotten lost due to the massive amount that were probably coming in. These things happen.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The original issue with game codes that this thread originally was about was fixed and announced by UO here: http://uo.com/article/Updates-UO-Team
This thread is being locked and removed from stickies.

If anyone has any new issues with game codes, please explain the issue to Broadsword via the contact form on this page: http://uo.com/contact

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.