• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Introducing your new moderators

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It has always been a mystery to me how players can use those complicated devices which allow to a HUGE number of keys, macros and all that without mixing them up in the heat of a fight and so forth.....

I mean, think about the many spells, actions and so forth possible, all theoretically needed in a fight or playing the game, that's tens upon tens upon tens of macros to remember and be able to type on those devices real fast without mixing them up....

I have definately trouble with it and have a much lower limit of keys which I can remember and use without mixing them up....

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It has always been a mystery to me how players can use those complicated devices which allow to a HUGE number of keys, macros and all that without mixing them up in the heat of a fight and so forth.....

I mean, think about the many spells, actions and so forth possible, all theoretically needed in a fight or playing the game, that's tens upon tens upon tens of macros to remember and be able to type on those devices real fast without mixing them up....

I have definately trouble with it and have a much lower limit of keys which I can remember and use without mixing them up....
I set up a profile and use it for pretty much every game I play. All the same keys are used for bindings. Some games I use the Mouse's keys as a toggle to give extra function to those on the game pad, others I just use the mouse, and yet others I just use the Keypad, but the basic layout is the same for all games. Doing that makes it easier for me to remember them.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Agreed. I guess it's why I have always sucked on PvP characters. I do not have the patience to program a bunch of macros. That being said, having a few set up is easy enough especially when they are primarily simple "use skill" macros...la

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's all about repetition really. Assign similar macro sets as often as you can, and just play with them. At some point pressing those buttons becomes second nature.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

popps it is almost muscle memory get a gampad or keyboard g13 g15 etc start small with 4 set g keys then add one or 2 a week till 2nd nature will make entry into click dom easy i have a friend that did own keys with foot switches carpal tunnel LOL!!!!

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've come from other areas across UO Stratics. Me I was and am still the UO Crime forum moderator, all of us have been around a while, you've just not noticed.
I've noticed. You kind of smell. :lol:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I started UO in 1997 or so, I currently mod EC forum,TC forum,Craftsman Forum, bugs and Uhall I play mainly on LS I started on pacific, and also play siege (recently started here). I joined stratics in 2004 and have used its resources as a visitor way before that! I currently live in the Willamette valley in Oregon!
That's funny. I drove through Willamette Valley Today and Yesterday on my way up and back to a client meeting in Gresham. Wish I had known my friend!

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my macros use alt.. cept for a few f keys.. i have over 50% of the left side of the board hotkeyed... and half double macroed with ctrl ... its a mess... but its funny how things become second nature... if i had to tell you what did what i would have an issue... its all burned in like typing an essay... like home row at this point.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That's funny. I drove through Willamette Valley Today and Yesterday on my way up and back to a client meeting in Gresham. Wish I had known my friend!
I live in lil ole McMinnville !