• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Introducing the Order of the Draco (Lawful Evil)

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So since we have no real evil in our quiet little world, I've decided to dust off Blasphemy and recreate her. And with her an entirely new coven. Blasphemy was my murderer back in the day and she was perma red, so I am having to remake her. But she is also a half-breed. The first one of this kind on the shard.

So my fellow guildies and I came together, had a bit o' round table about this and what we've come up is an idea that hopefully inspires some to try the dark side a bit. Of course, this new group would be part of OvC (on the Chaos side of course) thus havoc would ensue.... all under our very safe-guarded ROE's.

My friend Adam (who plays Armand) and I love to write --- it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that we're almost all some form of writers in CoD --- so we came up with this idea.

We built a framework --- a storyline --- and we created basic characters, with basic histories, and some stats to kind of set the stage for anyone that might be interested in such an endeavor. We created a family --- vampiric family of course --- that would rival the Romanus'; well most the Romanus'. And this family is ancient, some really old vampires, also from Earth --- headquartered out of London --- that seek to convince the Romanus' to their cause. Of course the Romanus' are good vampires, always righteous and walk the path of Order, so that may prove difficult.

At some point they might give up on the idea of persuading them and then just try to stomp them out taking over their territories, which include Paris and of course Umbra (in that little planet Sosaria). Oh lookie lookie... a whole new planet you say? Hmmm.

So we've pitched the idea to a few people who have selected characters that they associate with... I provide basic framework and back story and the player then organically steps into these shoes and takes it from there. Everything else is really up to you... but we give you the basics. A frame in which to hang your art. :)

Here is the story soooo far...

http://draconians.childrenofdarkness.com

We hope you guys enjoy and if you feel like you might want to give any of these characters some life.... let me know! ICQ me at 628135323 or email me at [email protected]...

~ Sue.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly is "lawful evil"
A Lawful Evil character sees a well-ordered system as being easier to exploit, and shows a combination of desirable and undesirable traits; while they usually obey their superiors and keep their word, they care nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals and are not averse to twisting the rules to work in their favor. Examples of this alignment include tyrants, devils, undiscriminating mercenary types who have a strict code of conduct, and loyal soldiers who enjoy the act of killing.

Ie, Boba Fett and Magneto for example.

From Wikipedia because im to lazy to explain it in my own words.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Lawful Evil character sees a well-ordered system as being easier to exploit, and shows a combination of desirable and undesirable traits; while they usually obey their superiors and keep their word, they care nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals and are not averse to twisting the rules to work in their favor. Examples of this alignment include tyrants, devils, undiscriminating mercenary types who have a strict code of conduct, and loyal soldiers who enjoy the act of killing.

Ie, Boba Fett and Magneto for example.

From Wikipedia because im to lazy to explain it in my own words.
Want to be Boo Berry in my coven?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww Aedon, I guess it takes a special type of person to play a vampire.

i.e. crazy? :D

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww Aedon, I guess it takes a special type of person to play a vampire.

i.e. crazy? :D
Hee heh You just wait till my coven is formed...okay, I admit it, no one will fear my coven, but we will be a part of a good breakfast.

And I am oh so crazy Pandy!!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly is "lawful evil"?
I updated my RP Info Thread to include that information. I'll copy it here for you!

GUILD/CHARACTER ALIGNMENT
Guilds usually align themselves either Good (usually Order), Neutral (switches often) or Bad (usually Chaos). There are varying degrees of each alignment and individual characters within a guild can have a different degree or alignment altogether. It is always best to interact with the individual characters to truly know them.

Lawful
A character or guild that aligns as lawful is law-abiding and almost always lives by a code. They can be lawful good, lawful neutral, or lawful evil. Examples: Purple Guardians of Honor and Children of Darkness are both LAWFUL GOOD. The Undead or the Undead Lords are both LAWFUL EVIL. All these guilds have a very intricate and expansive code of conduct, rulebook, that they operate under.

Chaotic
A character or guild that aligns as chaotic is quite the opposite and most usually lives with almost no restrictions at all. They can be chaotic good, chaotic neutral, or chaotic evil. Examples: United Pirates is CHAOTIC NEUTRAL; they don't really have a set of rules, actually they live to break them. Their actions could be perceived as good, or they can be perceived as bad --- hence their neutral stance.

Like the Undead Lords (UDL) were Lawful because they served the "Guardian" and were based on a religious belief of that deity. They did evil evil things in the name of the Guardian, thus they are evil ... but because they followed a strict set of laws and rules, they were lawful.

I would say that Chaotic Evil is really really hard to pull off. I want to say that Shadowclan Orcs is truly the only Chaotic Evil guild that I've seen be organized (OOC) enough to be that wild in character. Most "Evil" guilds/characters fall under Lawful Evil or Chaotic Neutral.

Just my .02 cents. :D

Last edited:

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so in if you make a Sect of Choco Vampires, I'll be the emo brooding one that's all "Why must I be this beacon of darkness when in my heart I'm truly more Vanilla than Chocolate"

He will then find himself using weak light Spells on himself to see if he can still feel.

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so in if you make a Sect of Choco Vampires, I'll be the emo brooding one that's all "Why must I be this beacon of darkness when in my heart I'm truly more Vanilla than Chocolate"

He will then find himself using weak light Spells on himself to see if he can still feel.
You got it sir, Perhaps you can lead the Emo-Choco division?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is Sue's idea and she worked really hard for it. Its not mine, in fact I had little to do with it except helping to put together the website and helping to recruit folks to come play. I want to be sure credit's given to her because she put a lot of time and effort into it.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is clear that much time was devoted to writing up the descriptions of the characters.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's obvious she put a lot of work into it. Not necessarily my type of thing but I did enjoy reading it. I'm not sure I read it right but... based in Luna? I'm not sure how that would work. I mean it makes sense because of the commerce, but it is a city of Paladins. They are all over the place there.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's obvious she put a lot of work into it. Not necessarily my type of thing but I did enjoy reading it. I'm not sure I read it right but... based in Luna? I'm not sure how that would work. I mean it makes sense because of the commerce, but it is a city of Paladins. They are all over the place there.

Well the Necromancer's city was taken. :p And its East of Luna, not necessarily "in Luna", but yes the commerce there would be a big draw to them as a corporate entity. And Paladins or not means very little, its not like they are out in the open about what they are; that's still very much a hidden fact much like the Romanus clan. And of course another reason for taking over that area was they are meant to counter the Romanus', thus it was most suitable and no one lays a very hard claim to the area. I don't know where else they could have made such a claim without OOC drama happening --- Trinsic, eh no. Yew, eh no. Vesper, eh no. I mean... everyone's got a piece of this pie so tightly secured it was hard for me to find anywhere else.

~ Sue.

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, but there is not a story ever told concerning vampires that has sparked an once of interest in me. I suppose I was more interested in other sorts of writings as I grew up. Now my brother developed an instant love of any monster (ie Frankenstein, the Mummy and Dracula) who came alone.

By the way, I also make a really bad orc, not because I dislike orcs, but because their spelling is atrocious. Oh, and they smell bad.

Last edited:

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the Necromancer's city was taken. :p And its East of Luna, not necessarily "in Luna", but yes the commerce there would be a big draw to them as a corporate entity. And Paladins or not means very little, its not like they are out in the open about what they are; that's still very much a hidden fact much like the Romanus clan. And of course another reason for taking over that area was they are meant to counter the Romanus', thus it was most suitable and no one lays a very hard claim to the area. I don't know where else they could have made such a claim without OOC drama happening --- Trinsic, eh no. Yew, eh no. Vesper, eh no. I mean... everyone's got a piece of this pie so tightly secured it was hard for me to find anywhere else.

~ Sue.
I understand the difficulty in finding a place to do it haha. I was merely questioning because it seems to me that a Paladin would/should be able to, at the very least, feel the "wrongness" of a vampire. Especially the ones in Luna that have been battling necromancy and, one would assume from the raise dead spell, undead of various forms for a very long time.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand the difficulty in finding a place to do it haha. I was merely questioning because it seems to me that a Paladin would/should be able to, at the very least, feel the "wrongness" of a vampire. Especially the ones in Luna that have been battling necromancy and, one would assume from the raise dead spell, undead of various forms for a very long time.
A common misconception. Just because we're vampires, doesn't mean we're inherently wrong. Paladins would not be able to feel the wrongness of the Draconian Order because they are vampires, they would feel it because they are selfish, shrewd, conniving, manipulative, cunning, sarcastic, and egotistical. But the same would be said of humans that have those qualities which Paladins would pick up on just the same.

~ Sue.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you messaged me with some questions.... I am posting the answers for everyone to see.

Q. What alignments are acceptable for the characters of the Order?
A. The Draconians are mostly Lawful Evil with some of them Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil... they are vampires and half-vampires and would probably never accept anything other.

Q. Can I make an Elf that is part of the Draconian Order?
A. No they cannot be any other race but human, they are originating from Earth (London to be exact). There are no gargoyles or elves on Earth. That doesn't mean that after some time in the future they may accept elves, but I am pretty sure that all vampires of our lore (Ricean) would consider gargoyles too imperfect a being to be granted the Dark Gift. Gargoyles are our stone servants and watchers and a while back we wrote into the lore that they would be immune to the Dark Gift in the first place because they are created beings.

Q. Can I make my own character to be part of the Draconian Order, or do I have to chose a per-existing character?
A. Absolutely, if you can make a character that would fit into the overall theme of the guild and fit into the Ricean world please be our guest and do so!

Q. Is there a guild I can join?
A. Yes! The Order of the Draco (OotD) is the guild which I am GM of.

Q. Is there a city for us to operate out of?
A. Yes! Winterhaven will be the city that the Draconians build here in Sosaria. It will be close to Luna.

Q. I'd love to join the theme, but I need some help with building a character since I am new to Catskills. What can you help us with in that area?
A. We can help with a basic training suit, some basic scrolls, some cash, and place to live.

Q. I already have a house on my account, so I cannot place one on Catskills. Is there a place I can "live" out of and train and so on?
A. OMG YES!!!! We have built "APARTMENTS" for you to live out of in Winterhaven. You would "lease" an apartment from the Order in character; OOC you will be added as co-owner so that you can decorate your apartment and set your containers to "Owner Only".

~ Sue.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the reason I put wrongness in quote marks. In the opinion of many people drinking blood is wrong and/or evil though, and that makes vampires by their very nature a creature of evil/wrongness. Regardless of how you put it though, a vampire is still in essence an animated corpse. *shrug* I believe that a group of people who are so dedicated to a cause, and who have been battling things of that nature for so long would be able to pick up on it. Not saying that everyone with even a little bit of chivalry skill should be able to do it though.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the reason I put wrongness in quote marks. In the opinion of many people drinking blood is wrong and/or evil though, and that makes vampires by their very nature a creature of evil/wrongness. Regardless of how you put it though, a vampire is still in essence an animated corpse. *shrug* I believe that a group of people who are so dedicated to a cause, and who have been battling things of that nature for so long would be able to pick up on it. Not saying that everyone with even a little bit of chivalry skill should be able to do it though.
I would imagine that if the act of "drinking blood" would be considered evil, then anyone that hunts animals and eats them would be evil. So only vegetarians are the only ones that GOOD PEOPLE!!!!! I knew it... :) The tree huggers are going to be happy!

:danceb:

P.S. Stop the hate, don't discriminate! Make love not warcraft! Equal rights for vampires! :hug:

~ Sue.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Thom meant "sense Undead" cause that is a very Paladin/Cleric ability and Vampires are very much Undead.

Also drinking blood is different than eating meat, in that you can take blood without killing but you have to kill to eat meat. Also stealing blood from a sentient being is pretty evil, whereas killing an animal is fairly natural.

Wow you actually got me to reply in a serious manner for the first time in a year.

Last edited:

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Scarst, that was really close to the reply I was going to make. For some reason the term sense undead just wouldn't come to me haha

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Scarst, that was really close to the reply I was going to make. For some reason the term sense undead just wouldn't come to me haha
Yeah, I've been talking a lot of D&D lately.

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*falls out of chair laughing*

Join my Choco Coven. We are equal opportunity biters.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am very much against having vampires in Luna. Luna is the opposing city of Umbra. They are like two sides of as coin. My race of purebread Lunanians will surely sniff out these vampires easily. We also do not believe in such things as "half breeds"

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noo Bianca, jokes are great and you should always keep making them, Gives folks a reason to smile.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I have definitely sensed the presence of the Undead in many a dark places on Earth. :p

~ Sue.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People will RP how they wish. If someone doesn't like it, that is their choice. :) I mean, really...It's just a game.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
FEAR NOT! I am here withstand wherefore to rpeth with thine.
My loreth is all that shall herenow whencfourth withstandeth!
Tis an ol ancient lore of the evil peekayer-eth!
No other lore shall be used or acknowledgedeth because mine is thine the best withstandeth ancient history of time-eth!
Thou must heresay wherenow pledge your loyalties to me and thine new lore forwith herenow fouleth underlings!!

That is all..... eth

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FEAR NOT! I am here withstand wherefore to rpeth with thine.
My loreth is all that shall herenow whencfourth withstandeth!
Tis an ol ancient lore of the evil peekayer-eth!
No other lore shall be used or acknowledgedeth because mine is thine the best withstandeth ancient history of time-eth!
Thou must heresay wherenow pledge your loyalties to me and thine new lore forwith herenow fouleth underlings!!

That is all..... eth
We are not worthy!

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"*cough*there are no vampires on earth either*cough* "

Sure there are vampires on Earth! Along with werewolves in London, and microphones in Sosaria heheh. *sorry being goofy* ;)

Last edited: