• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interested in trying UO warrior

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Stratics. I'm a veteran of this game and played right at Third Dawn until a little before the Pirate Expansion.

I read this forum from time to time and am super intrigued with these Warrior Solo or grouping concepts.

That all being said I'm not worried about a template. As I can see that infomation here. But the gear seems very important obviously. For a guy possibly looking to return strictly for PvE, how fast can easily could a guy playing casually get suits together? I mainly played a tamer in the day and have no clue as my gear for him currently.

Any tips and advise would be great. And if anyone possibly wants to mentor a old timer I'm curious about it all. This game still holds dear to my heart as I met my wife from UO almost 11 years ago. Miss the times in it!

Thanks for taking time to read this and any advise given. Have a great day!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can imbue a basic dexxer suit rather easily and without using special ingredients.
Getting a mace & glasses is almost mandatory, due to the hit lower defense on them. Blackthorn's versions are preferably, you you can make do with the library one too.
I'd go with 5 metal pieces.
Imbue 7 LMC, 7 Stam inc, 7 mana inc on them, maybe 4 hp inc too, for increased survivability, or drop that last part in one or two pieces to imbue two 13 resist rather than just one to make sure you at least have 70 in physical, fire and energy (75 in the last one if you are an elf) and at least mid 60s in cold and poison (70s is preferably, but you can make do with mid 60s on those).
Get one of those clean up talismans with either +10 anat or tactics and 5 HCI and 20 DI.

If you looted rather clean 5 to 10 ssi ring and bracelet with your tamer, imbue them with DI/HCI/DCI if possible. If you don't have them, you can start with the luck jewel set from clean up britain till you loot something better to imbue.
If you aren't using a two handed weapon, try to get a 10 SSI shield with whatever mods to help with swing speed, preferably with enough space to imbue at least 13 DCI on it
For this starter suit, I would go with tangle instead of a crimmy, as it is cheaper, the 10 int helps with mana and the 5 DCI is nice.
If you can get a despicable quiver, excellent, otherwise a quiver of infinity will do for now.

That will be your starting suit. Don't bother powdering it to 255 durability, as you will likely loot a few decent artifact pieces here and there that will serve for a better suit soon enough.
For your weapons, AI weapon super slayer, max hml, max hll and as much hit stam leech you can get on it are the way to go for now.
Double strike weapons are pretty great, but you need to reforge them to get 100% elemental, and that can be a bit tricky at first. Go for AI till you are comfortable with the dexxer then move to the superior onslaught + DS combo.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
For a guy possibly looking to return strictly for PvE, how fast can easily could a guy playing casually get suits together? I mainly played a tamer in the day and have no clue as my gear for him currently.
Chances are most of your gear is still valid.

If you don't have a crafter and Imbuer it would be a good idea to make one, it's fairly easy to do and doesn't take very long anymore, it'll save you aggravation down the road.

You don't really need to worry about the suit, the weapons, swinging at the cap, or weapon specials/properties for quite a while. Considering the time you played you probably have a resist suit, with Stam Increase and SSI which will help with training.

Most dexxers can be built (skills) in less than a week, at least to the level they can do Champion Spawns.

You can use the dexxer in training to gather resources for unraveling/training Imbuing/gathering Imbuing materials. As this involves spawn of varying difficulty levels.

Since you last played the game has an inbuilt vendor search function which you access via a context menu from clicking yourself in a house/town when unflagged (also serves as a good indicator of when you can log out/change character).

What you need partly depends on what template you're building.

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I wouldn't do for a "free 7 day trial" to reactivate my accounts, as I had two and have no clue which one had what! =(

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
If you're starting with a new account then getting up to speed still won't take particularly long and you can be doing Champ Spawns within a week.

I'd recommend staring two characters:
1. Crafter, start with 50 Blacksmith, 50 Imbuing.
2. Thrower, start with max Str and 50 Throwing, various template routes, I wouldn't worry about what you start with as pretty much any dexxer ability can be taken to 50 in game in about half an hour though for convenience and cheapness I'd probably go with Ninjitsu, Healing, Chivalry or Hiding not necessarily to keep. Or further crafter skills to stone on to your crafter (once you have stones)

To start with it'll be fairly simple, buy a Soul Glaive split your time between doing the New Haven stuff and the Dragon Turtle Champion Spawn, loot everything, what you can't use, pass to your Imbuer to unravel for gains, if you can't unravel it put it to one side for when you can. It shouldn't take more than one trip to the spawn picking up gold to have enough to buy and do all the New Heaven skills/quests for your template.

I'd recommend reaching the skill cap as soon as possible as it makes working stats infinitely easier. Even if you buy skills you don't need it's faster than gaining them through normal use.

Last edited:

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I definitely won't be starting a new account. I have 2 accounts I still know the info for just am being kinda cheap to open both as one account is fairly worthless compared to the other.

The information is definitely appreciated though thus far! I believe I have toons on Atlantic, Baja and/Sonoma. And would rather find people that would like to play together also.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk