• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Intended or Broken?

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So I'm attempting to craft a throwing weapon with area damage. Knowing that I can get a double axe with 70% hit area, I thought I could do the same with a throwing weapon. Using a copper runic with one name, on a double axe I can manage to get hit area about 1/4 or so of the time. Not maximum intensity but still a hit area. However, on Boomerangs and Cyclones, I get NO hit area spell at all. I am, however, getting 120 luck on about the same percentage as I get hit area on the axe. Using Vicious/of Slaughter as the name on both.

So, my theory is that when I would normally get the hit area on an axe, on the throwing piece, it's giving 120 luck, which is not even listed as an option for that name.

Is this working as designed for some reason or borked up?

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So I'm attempting to craft a throwing weapon with area damage. Knowing that I can get a double axe with 70% hit area, I thought I could do the same with a throwing weapon. Using a copper runic with one name, on a double axe I can manage to get hit area about 1/4 or so of the time. Not maximum intensity but still a hit area. However, on Boomerangs and Cyclones, I get NO hit area spell at all. I am, however, getting 120 luck on about the same percentage as I get hit area on the axe. Using Vicious/of Slaughter as the name on both.

So, my theory is that when I would normally get the hit area on an axe, on the throwing piece, it's giving 120 luck, which is not even listed as an option for that name.

Is this working as designed for some reason or borked up?
WABES
MEEES WANTS A RAINBOW KITTY !!!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This is generally considered a bug... If memory serves you can't get Hit Area on archery weapons from reforge either. Maybe the Devs intended this, but that doesn't make it not a bug...