• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insurance Menu Popup on Login

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have 1 character that everytime I login, I get the item insurance menu popup. I click ok and the window closes, but I can't figure out what's causing it.

I stripped naked, but everything in a box off my character, and when I log in, the menu doesn't popup but my journal has an error message, "none of your current items meet the requirements for insurance."

Did I accidentally toggle an option somewhere to force this popup? How do I disable it? I only want it to popup when I request it.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hmm... I think I just narrowed it down to Pinco's. I switch to vanilla EC, logged out and in. Went to options to turn on Pinco's and the item insurance menu popped up, too.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Tried deleting the variables files, killing myself, turning off auto-insurance, deleting my profile and rebuilding it... still that stupid menu pops up on each login...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am having the same issue ! wonder if wiping the character profile would fix it?1

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nope, tried that. Well, sort of. I copied all the Hotbar and keybindings to a separate file because I didn't want to lose them. Deleted the profile, recreated it. That seemed to fix it, at least on the next login. Copied the keybindings and hotbars back and the problem return. That surprised me, but I was sure the problem came from one of the mysterious gump locations at the top of the profile.