• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Instructions for Tonight's Event - Liquor Lovers

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight a Caravan of Couriers will transport craft liquors to various points throughout the realm.

You may choose to play 1 of 3 roles during this event.

Guards

Those that wish to protect the caravan and see the safe transport of these liquors should choose this role. You will be expected to keep the couriers healed as well as fend off any ambushes that occur along the way. If you manage to kill a "Mercenary" (these will be NPC mobs) make sure to loot the "hand" and return it to the Royal Guard Mailbox located in Serpent's Hold. A rune to this location has been added to the Luna EM area.

Thieves

Those that wish to try and steal the craft liquor barrels from the Couriers should choose this role. You will attempt to steal the liquor from the Liquor Couriers while dodging detection. Should you sucessfully steal a liquor barrel return it to the Von Trinsic Mailbox in Buc's Den located near the Assasin's Guild. A rune to this location has been added to the Luna EM area.

Marauders

Those that wish to try and kill the couriers should choose this role. You will attempt to kill the Liquor Couriers and loot their heads. Should you successfully loot the head of a liquor courier return it to the Mornwok Mailbox located in Vesper at Derrick Mornwok's estate. A rune to this location has been added to the Luna EM area.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Re: Instructinos for Tonight's Event - Liquor Lovers

Whats the weight of the liquor barrels?

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a bit of a letdown how many of the "thieves" just killed and looted for the barrels. Tonights event seemed to have really fallen apart with the issues.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dudley and Dross,

Thank you for another fun event! I enjoyed helping ease the liquor couriers heavy burden! :thumbup1:

*hangs up her nice new hood*

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I had fun, got to swoop in on Gareth and kill all the Couriers as the entire Royal Guard Unit attempted to keep them alive but in the end, I claimed their heads!!!

:bowdown:

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're glad a few were still able to have some enjoyment despite the technical concerns.

As a lot of you are aware we are always trying new mechanics to keep the events fun an fresh. Stealing events are a terribly difficult dynamic to plan for, and sometimes we run into situations like tonight.

Again, we apologize for the glitches, and remember, Stay Toon'd!

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Can we do this event again sometime and work through all the kinks? I really want to knock out some NPCs :fight:

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would *love* to do it again, but I'd like more of a competitive chance :p Stealing 1 by 1 versus someone swooping in and just going "dead" isn't exactly fair :p Here's to hoping future events get some problems worked out! :)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Stole all six barrels here... well seven if you include the one I had to give back :-( but I did hear they were lootable as well. Would like to see that changed because the stealing was the best part.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We definitely will be revisiting this event, as I believe despite the glitches, people had fun.

Moving forward we won't be able to "die" as the marks. That would prevent the looting.

Rest assured we will be busy at our "drawing" boards bringing new stealing events to life!

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My issue with the looting is that from how it was explained, that wasn't the intended method... and having a bunch of people show up who didn't put the actual work/skill in to get the same reward makes it feel like I got on and tried for, well, nothing. Thieves already have it sort of poorly with insurance and the issue of stealable artifacts devaluing how they do, having us have a disadvantage on our own trade when it is the intended goal makes it seem, to me, that being a thief is a dead profession.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Oh I forgot....

One reason the invis spell was not effective is because I told my pets to "All follow" and then "All kill" so even if you went invis they would still follow and reveal you. Perhaps next time... I dont know how this works but set yourself to Golem stats? Since pets cannot attack Golems?