• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Installing 2D

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when I got a new computer a few months ago, I only installed the KR client which I had downloaded prior. I love the look of the KR client and it makes it seem like a whole new game for me. That's saying a lot since I'm an 11 year vet. Anyway, after flighting with the KR client as it pertains to vendors, parrot constantly animating, and other graphic issues, I thought I might go back to 2D to continue the fun.

I have purchased just about each new box over the years so I am trying to find out which verson will give me the least updating. Is the 9th Anniversary the lastest one?

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is more for posterity than your particular situation, but...

I discovered that if you just copy the 2D client folder and files over from another computer or a backup, one easy way to get it working is to just install UOAssist. The first time you run it and point it to your UO folder it will correct your Windows registry so that UO acts like it was fully installed from CD. It's MUCH faster to do it this way.

Just thought I'd share that for anybody who didn't know.