• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insta suit switching during combat on EC

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about simply this...balance!

The entire concept of around armor is balance. That is why items have imbuing weight and a max number of enhancement/reforging
slots.
Players are suppose to weight out the advantages and disadvantages of a particular suit build.
You want 820 skill points....fine you sacrifice X
you want straight 75 resists...you sacrifice DCI
You want a Max luck suit....you sacrifice.......Well with the present system....absolutely nothing!
No one should have Max luck and Max protection...there is no balance
And that is Wrong!

But greedy players want it all .....so ya there is an agenda here...theirs!
When you switch suits you are sacrificing.

No, you do not have Max Luck, Max Protection, at the same time.

If I switch to a max luck suit that has less protection in the end I'm taking a larger risk of dying before said monster dies.

If I switch out of 45 DCI ring/jewelry for +30 Necro, then I'm risking getting hit more by a dexer to include spells in my rotation.

It's perfectly balanced.

This is clearly a CC vs. EC thread, you are blind to people's secret agendas. OP's title includes "EC", several posts in this thread involve the fact that CC can't do this but EC can. Even a little hint suggests what the real agenda is. "If I can't have it, you can't have it either." Meanwhile PVPers suffer from changes brought forth by idiots like you and others in this thread who have absolutely no clue what kind of effect typical small changes would have in PVP. What's it matter to you? You don't PVP, why should you care? OP suggests that this was a mostly PVP related topic, title suggests this is related to EC. If you've followed other threads along with this one, you'd know how many times this has been brought up. You don't follow those threads, you just hop in and voice your opinion on topics that you can't even relate to. CC users are lacking something EC users have. Now CC users want EC users to not have the option anymore. Thread after thread this is brought up in different ways. The agenda is quite clear.

There is no "want it all" because you're constantly switching stats and making sacrifices on the fly. There is no "have your cake and eat it too" because if I'm taking off something to put on something else, then obviously I'm going to be losing something in order to gain something. Otherwise I'd be wearing something that includes both. Someone with half a brain could grasp that concept.

How about someone in this thread do something constructive and give us a real in-game example so we can discuss whether or not something is "over-powered." I'd like to see someone who is actually switching +80 skill in their suit while PVPing and being successful with it.

Years ago I used to switch instantly to a berserker suit instantly before I died to make it so I had a better chance of living. What happened? I lost +skill items that caused me to get hit more, I lost +Hit Points, I lost +Dex items, ultimately making it worse off for me. In this example, the sacrifice wasn't worth it carrying an extra suit, also sacrificing weight that could have been used for carrying more potions.

Removing this is going to kill fun dynamics that are currently in PVP, but you'd wouldn't have any idea about that because you're not a PVPer. Years this has been in the system and there haven't been any problems. It's only until recently when CC users want to moan and cry about not having the same functionality... that's when these topics get brought up. I side with CC users saying that need the same functionality, but to attack EC users for having it is pathetic.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sacrificing the ability to mitigate damage (Resistances and/or DCI) when something is redlined is hardly a sacrifice.

You could have both if you invest the time and money to get the right pieces... Of course there's no reason to do this if you use the EC.

Removing this is going to kill fun dynamics that are currently in PVP, but you'd wouldn't have any idea about that because you're not a PVPer. Years this has been in the system and there haven't been any problems. It's only until recently when CC users want to moan and cry about not having the same functionality... that's when these topics get brought up. I side with CC users saying that need the same functionality, but to attack EC users for having it is pathetic.
I agree about "IF" this is ever removed it wouldn't be good... especially for the people who do use this which is why I'd like to see it also available for Both clients.

But as far as how long it's been part of UO, the same goes for things like the "Waki nerf" and "Holy Fist", they just so happened to directly impact pvp, where as this suit swap thing isn't used as widely... After this thread I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes very widely used.

People always take advantage of "Over-Powered' things, this is potentially the "Best" thing they could be taking advantage of. especially since it's only available to ~50%(?) of the current players without making the switch.

There is a BIG difference between CC & EC, the looks alone are enough to stop some people, the differences in the UI, spell effects, is factored as well, switching isn't something people want to do, but they almost HAVE TOO when you're no longer able to compete due to "Features" like this.

I am against suit swapping during "Pvp flag" somewhat against it in PvM. This doesn't necessarily mean I want to see it removed from both, but it Should (IMO) be removed from PvP.

My reasoning...
PvP: There are so many + skill items available to allow your template to make drastic changes During combat. I dislike pvp on TC1 for this specific reason (people switching skills during fights), what's the point in having a skill-cap at all when people are essentially able to change their suits to increase their skills/effectiveness for any situation.

PvM: What's the point in investing the time or money in building a high-end luck suit, if I could just make a luck suit with max lmc and use it literally for the last few hits on something to gain the full benefit?

with that in mind...

Perhaps the game mechanics should do a luck check at a random point that the monster is damaged to negate this exploit.
That's a great idea, especially if luck made a significant difference over not having luck at all.

Game is too E Z!

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My reasoning...
PvP: There are so many + skill items available to allow your template to make drastic changes During combat. I dislike pvp on TC1 for this specific reason (people switching skills during fights), what's the point in having a skill-cap at all when people are essentially able to change their suits to increase their skills/effectiveness for any situation.
How about someone in this thread do something constructive and give us a real in-game example so we can discuss whether or not something is "over-powered." I'd like to see someone who is actually switching +80 skill in their suit while PVPing and being successful with it.
I don't see anyone doing this currently in PVP because it just doesn't provide any great over-powered benefit. I do agree with the skill-cap comment, however.

Also I'm confused what you mean by these statements:
I agree about "IF" this is ever removed it wouldn't be good... especially for the people who do use this which is why I'd like to see it also available for Both clients.
I am against suit swapping during "Pvp flag" somewhat against it in PvM. This doesn't necessarily mean I want to see it removed from both, but it Should (IMO) be removed from PvP.
You agree with instant suit swapping, just not while in combat? Ok, if we are going that route...

What if I'm not the one to flag?

What if I smoke bomb?

There's a lot of what if's that can go into this.

What if I just get res'd and I need to finish equipping my suit, but I can't because someone flagged me and I'm in combat? You want someone to run by you and magic arrow you to keep you in combat and prevent you from re-equipping your suit?

What if I'm at an EM event and I get res'd by a wandering healer and I need to put my gear back on but I can't because of the global earthquakes going on from the event boss?

It's impossible to implement this.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also I'm confused what you mean by these statements:

You agree with instant suit swapping, just not while in combat? Ok, if we are going that route...

What if I'm not the one to flag?

What if I smoke bomb?

There's a lot of what if's that can go into this.
It would follow the same guidelines as logging out. if you are "flagged" by someone and do not retaliate you are able to switch suits/logout without a timer.
(Reflect physical damage, counts as retaliation) this is often why people are flagged by mongbats or w/e type of NpC outside their houses and are unable to log out, also auto-defend occurs as well which would have the same result.

Smokebombing would follow the same rules, if you smokebomb before retaliating to an attacker, then you could switch whatever you wish.

If you flag first you wouldn't be able to switch "Armor", until the flag is broken (2minutes have passed without the flag being refreshed).

The problem:
What happens when you flag someone and happen to die? you're still "In-combat" for 2minutes after taking the killing blow. If you are Resurrected within the 2minute flag timer, you would be unable to "dress" because of this restriction (you would technically still be flagged).
That would have to get fixed before this "non-suit swap" during combat should even be considered.

There are many buffs/debuffs that are removed upon death.
I'm sure the devs could code it to do the same with flagging rules.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If I switch to a max luck suit that has less protection in the end I'm taking a larger risk of dying before said monster dies.

If I switch out of 45 DCI ring/jewelry for +30 Necro, then I'm risking getting hit more by a dexer to include spells in my rotation.

It's perfectly balanced.

This is clearly a CC vs. EC thread, you are blind to people's secret agendas. OP's title includes "EC", several posts in this thread involve the fact that CC can't do this but EC can. Even a little hint suggests what the real agenda is. "If I can't have it, you can't have it either." Meanwhile PVPers suffer from changes brought forth by idiots like you and others in this thread who have absolutely no clue what kind of effect typical small changes would have in PVP. What's it matter to you? You don't PVP, why should you care? OP suggests that this was a mostly PVP related topic, title suggests this is related to EC. If you've followed other threads along with this one, you'd know how many times this has been brought up. You don't follow those threads, you just hop in and voice your opinion on topics that you can't even relate to. CC users are lacking something EC users have. Now CC users want EC users to not have the option anymore. Thread after thread this is brought up in different ways. The agenda is quite clear.

There is no "want it all" because you're constantly switching stats and making sacrifices on the fly. There is no "have your cake and eat it too" because if I'm taking off something to put on something else, then obviously I'm going to be losing something in order to gain something. Otherwise I'd be wearing something that includes both. Someone with half a brain could grasp that concept.

Years ago I used to switch instantly to a berserker suit instantly before I died to make it so I had a better chance of living. What happened? I lost +skill items that caused me to get hit more, I lost +Hit Points, I lost +Dex items, ultimately making it worse off for me. In this example, the sacrifice wasn't worth it carrying an extra suit, also sacrificing weight that could have been used for carrying more potions.

Ummm ya I do PVP....virtually all I do in game anymore is events and pvp. So take your head out of you butt this is not a CC vs EC thread...I have and use both. insta switching is a glitch and needs to be nerfed.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is a player on Atlantic that does this. He's a parry mage that when he is dismounted and able to remount/animal form, he goes into animal form with only 29.9 natural Ninjitsu (in order to not ruin his mage SDI upon hitting 30 natural ninjitsu). He puts on a +20 ninjtsu bracelet and ring, as well as a ninjitsu mark of travesty, for +50 ninjitsu, achieving 79.9 ninjitsu which is more than enough to get into llama/ostard form with reasonable casting. The player does not lose any DCI, FC/FCR, or EP when switching to this secondary escape suit.

I'm okay with PvM instant suit switches, or out of combat/heat PvP instant suit switches. But if you are flagged or in heat, this feature needs to be disabled, regardless of the fact that it is an EC only feature. To be clear, this would not apply to weapon switches in EC. Anything outside of the hand slots would be unable to be quick switched while in heat.

If (more) good PvPers actually used the EC, this would be much more of a problem than it is made out to be in this thread. We're fortunate that one or more of the following is true:

1. Not enough players use the EC
2. Not enough PvPers use the EC
3. Not enough good PvPers use the EC

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RE: Insta suit switching during combat on EC
Ok so this topic came up in conversation, should this be allowed during combat? For example, users of EC are able to switch suits instantly during combat, giving say 80 plus skill in one area when needed, or any type of stat/suit change depending on your situation or who'm you're fighting. Should you be allowed to switch suits instantly during combat?

Well, one argument is that if you kill somoene carrying 5 suits, you get 5 x the insurance, so it's up to them if they want to use a different suit for each spell/special they select.

Discuss.
I say no. You should need to be out of combat. I think swapping suits while pvping or swapping to a luck suit before a boss drops negates template descisions. I'm fine with the action, you shouldjust need to be out of combat.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+1

Exactly. It makes perfect sense. People in marathons run and chug all the time. And that happens in real life.

Now imagine a marathon runner trying to take off their pants and put on a new one without ever stopping and somehow do it instantly. LMAO. And that would be just 1 piece of clothing, not the entire suit.
Or imagine a marathoner casting an E-bolt or recalling to the finish line, or turning into a llama to win the race. This is a STUPID thread.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ummm ya I do PVP....virtually all I do in game anymore is events and pvp. So take your head out of you butt this is not a CC vs EC thread...I have and use both. insta switching is a glitch and needs to be nerfed.
Sounds like you need a better second suit.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The OP skewed this conversation by mentioning EC in the title. So this actually is a CC vs EC discussion by default.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
point is, all the real pvpers left because of stuff like this to play on free shards where you can find real UO.

i used to have hopes that Pvp would once again become popular on EA/BS UO but last few years has shown thats not the case, which is fine.

PVP will always be great and rewarding in UO somwhere, but as for what we have currently from Broadsword they excel at deco and casual content. not competitive pvp. for that you need what just cant be found here anymore. which is fine. the game isnt what it was originally, but still exists out there.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*waves to all the real pvpers* Goodbye all...

*wonders how many all the real pvpers are*

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves to all the real pvpers* Goodbye all...

*wonders how many all the real pvpers are*
ive always said if you EA uo had stayed more to its roots, it might have been worth that 5 to 10 thousand players. but they cashed in, made a quick buck 10 yrs ago. good business decision probably, but leaves us with what we have now on the broadsword servers.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would say a 2 minute timer on suit switching for PvP only, would be fair. I would also say a 30 second timer on weapon switches for PvP only would also be fair. I believe it would add a bit of tact/skill to your switches instead of being able to do it at will. I do not think these timers should be used in PvM circumstances.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
point is, all the real pvpers left because of stuff like this to play on free shards where you can find real UO.

i used to have hopes that Pvp would once again become popular on EA/BS UO but last few years has shown thats not the case, which is fine.

PVP will always be great and rewarding in UO somwhere, but as for what we have currently from Broadsword they excel at deco and casual content. not competitive pvp. for that you need what just cant be found here anymore. which is fine. the game isnt what it was originally, but still exists out there.
Nope I don't think it will ever happen... due to YEARS of nothing being done about scripting and cheating... Nothing being done about balance issues for the longest time and it taking FAR too long to revamp the Faction System which should have just had some tweaks made to it to discourage some of the abuses and honestly they should have made new bases for it to stop exploits and make the battles more "fair"... and they should have had more folk who actually DO PvP and I mean REAL PvP not just because you live on Siege you get an auto in even if you don't PvP at all... but that's my opinion... they could have kept it fun... Also they should NEVER have put in the Powerscroll junk in Fel... If they had kept it fun to PvP and really stopped the exploiting, scripting and cheating it would have had it's own rewards. (And before you say I don't PvP.... I used to... granted a lot of the PvP I did was RP based I even was in Factions for awhile I used to PvP every day and I loved it... but after seeing firsthand many exploits and I even joined a guild that I thought was good fun until I found out how shady they were... and they promoted every cheat in the book and then some... at which time I left in disgust and haven't returned to PvP much at all since)

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
population now > population after this change.

why stop the trend right? mine as well make more insignificant changes to piss people off. let's be real @CovenantX this topic hasn't affected you in anyway - pretty much goes for the rest of the people in this thread arguing to make the change.

there has never been one time pvping with you where you've said (for example) "that dexer just switched his suit and killed me with a spell." i've never heard you once complain about someone switching a suit mid fight, ever. be honest.

i'm pretty sure you qualify as someone who pvps frequently.

i've heard you say many, many times how you thought it was bs that ec users can switch suits instantly and cc users couldn't. you personally think that it is unfair an ec user can switch suits and a cc user can't, making previous posts about it, ultimately leading to this thread.

Luck Suit Swapping EC v CC - asking bleak/kyronix to change it so CC can do what EC does.

Luck Suit Swapping EC v CC - calling it an advantage over cc.

Luck Suit Swapping EC v CC - "add it to both clients or remove it from ec"

another person with a personal agenda. i too think that cc users should have the ability to change suits instantly, it sucks that they have to put on armor 1 piece at a time, i can sympathize with that. but to turn around and say that it's just too OP when it hasn't even affected you in any way, it's clear what your agenda is.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
let's be real @CovenantX this topic hasn't affected you in anyway - pretty much goes for the rest of the people in this thread arguing to make the change.
It hasn't effected me, because I don't feel that luck works to where it's worth it, If luck did make a noticeable difference (often enough), then I'd have to use EC for this benefit? Um, no... this would be equivalent to playing WoW with graphics on low- then gaining an option for more hot-bars & a more advanced macro system, just for sliding the "graphics" bar to "high" or "Ultra". (in UO's case it would be sliding the graphics down (IMO) to gain more advanced macro options.)

I don't pvp against people that use this feature (at least not to the extent that I would if I used the EC...), once people make the right suits it is a MASSIVE advantage. It's exactly that, if classic client & enhanced client play against each other, Some people (EC users) WILL have this advantage over others, it wouldn't exist if there were only one client or features like this were given to both.

Population now > better than it is after this change - I agree now, but wait until this becomes more widespread and everyone uses it, once people get use to it, then the result of the "wait" would be more devastating if it gets changed later. - The same result happens with some bug fixes. it's happen before. why not happen again, Right?

It's already been demonstrated, with toggling specs while casting spells. Fixed = loss of pvpers to free shards.
again with publish 16 adding barding difficulties - (pvm referenced proof) if people dislike it enough, it doesn't matter how over-powered it is or not) they will quit if it's bad enough to them. They're all essentially the same thing.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i've heard you say many, many times how you thought it was bs that ec users can switch suits instantly and cc users couldn't. you personally think that it is unfair an ec user can switch suits and a cc user can't, making previous posts about it, ultimately leading to this thread.
Just an Fyi, I didn't start either of the threads about this topic, and you're right I have said it's BS (we're in the same guild/vent all the time) that features like this exist in only one client. (it's unfair)

It's absolutely not right, that I would have to make a "better" luck suit than you would, because I play the classic client.
the difference is my luck suit would have to be good enough to survive against whatever the mob may be, where as your luck suit would have the bare minimums on everything, and still be just as effective.

PvP is a different story, especially the amount of skill points and combinations you can get with jewelry now. the combinations are near endless, you know it.
you've used it.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP is a different story, especially the amount of skill points and combinations you can get with jewelry now. the combinations are near endless, you know it.
you've used it.
You're absolutely right I do use this. I'm normally in a studded suit when I'm PVPing but if I need to stealth I switch suits to a medable suit so I can stealth successfully. I made, fit and carry two suits for this purpose - I should be able to wear either one at any given time. To call that overpowered is absurd.

EDIT:
The point I'm trying to make here is that this thread is about switching suits in combat, and here we have people arguing that there's functions in EC that should be in CC (balance.) This change hasn't happened so here we have people in this thread saying that switching armor while in combat shouldn't be allowed. What I'm saying is, that if both clients had this functionality, there would be no one arguing that armor shouldn't be allowed to be switched in combat. CC users would be equal to EC users and that arguments like this wouldn't exist. They aren't the same, so here we have people trying to make different changes to the game in order to get what they ultimately want - to be able to switch suits in CC instantly.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're absolutely right I do use this. I'm normally in a studded suit when I'm PVPing but if I need to stealth I switch suits to a medable suit so I can stealth successfully. I made, fit and carry two suits for this purpose - I should be able to wear either one at any given time. To call that overpowered is absurd.
because you use it... its absurd. Almost everything in the game has a timer on it to prevent abuse. But because this benefits you its absurd... asinine.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because you use it... its absurd. Almost everything in the game has a timer on it to prevent abuse. But because this benefits you its absurd... asinine.
Not because I used it, it's absurd. It's absurd because I made two suits I should be able to use either one, what don't you understand about that? How can I explain it so that it gets through to you?

There's people arguing from both sides, you think there's going to be a CC user that fights for EC user's rights?

You think that there should be a cool down on weapon swapping, you shouldn't even be allowed in this thread. That's the most absurd thing I've ever seen someone suggest in this game.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're absolutely right I do use this. I'm normally in a studded suit when I'm PVPing but if I need to stealth I switch suits to a medable suit so I can stealth successfully. I made, fit and carry two suits for this purpose - I should be able to wear either one at any given time.
Yes, yes. the point of this thread is "Should this be allowed During Combat".
I think it should be one of four* things.

1) usable by both clients in/or out of combat. (This is what I want most)
2) not usable by both clients in combat at all but still remains for out-of-combat-use. (2nd option - I'd rather have this instead of only one client being able to do it)
3) removed from EC so that this imbalance doesn't exist anymore. (This is my least wanted change- if something changes at all)
EDIT: *4) Nothing changing at all (This is actually my least wanted change)

Either one, makes them balanced with each other.

You said so yourself, one client being better than the other isn't how it should be, we seemed to have shared the same opinion on Mesanna's reply during the last meet & greet. it was simple, (EC is faster than CC), I don't feel that this is a big deal, because you and I both know why it's "faster" and it's very trivial whether or not it makes "The difference".

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I personally believe is that they need to take the graphics from CC and put them in EC and be completely done with the idea that there are two different clients to play the same game.

But then again... we have illegal third-party clients that are being used, but that's an entirely different subject.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they actually banned people for "Illegal program use" then we'd still be in the same thread talking about suit-swap.

I agree with you about the two-client thing, it's stupid, BUT it happened... now they need to "fix" it.

I just hope they don't use the same method of fixing the problems that they have in the past.. @50.0 healing 0.0 anatomy "You begin applying the bandage..."

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait until ever body finds out you can connect a computer hard drive to a Wii with a USB. Use a GameCube controller and it's easy peasy in UO

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not because I used it, it's absurd. It's absurd because I made two suits I should be able to use either one, what don't you understand about that? How can I explain it so that it gets through to you?

There's people arguing from both sides, you think there's going to be a CC user that fights for EC user's rights?

You think that there should be a cool down on weapon swapping, you shouldn't even be allowed in this thread. That's the most absurd thing I've ever seen someone suggest in this game.
Funny, im an EC user.

1. im not saying you cant use it. im saying there should be a timer to balance your use of two suits.

2. Im a cc user and an ec user... im trying to balance the game as a whole as you are only interested in making sure EC has every advantage possible.

3, weapon swapping should have a cool down. You didnt make an argument against it. rather you just brushed it off like youre too good for the discussion.

Over all your claims are completely unwarranted. You offer no insight to the discussion. Your comments are borderline trolling. You have no reading comprehension as you took the OPs post as a threat to your EC abilities rather than a discussion into a certain subject. When you can comprehend words, come back to me and we will have a conversation of meaning. Until then, congrats on misinterpreting all posts that dont agree with your opinion.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know that people will hate me know but when I read this CC vs EC Threads where somehow this belongs to but maybe it's time that people who complain about improvements and try to block them because CC dont have them instead of just using them should look for another game or one of the freeshards.

I somehow Start to believe that this whole 2 Clients thing holds the game from envolving because there are no ressources to Programm on 2 different platforms. Maybe this is the reason why EC got some issues like the fancy grafix and some Bugs and the CC is feeling well in eodon with dinosaurs.
I would stop Support for CC in terms of new content, not to piss off people but to focus on EC and make it better.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny, im an EC user.
2. Im a cc user and an ec user... im trying to balance the game as a whole as you are only interested in making sure EC has every advantage possible.
1. You don't play EC - you hop on EC to loot IDOCs, that doesn't make you an EC user. EC is all I use, I am an EC user.

2. You don't PVP - picking up your spellbook and going to yew moongate once every month for 5 minutes doesn't mean you PVP, going to an event in fel for one night out of a year doesn't mean you PVP, hiding at idocs and throwing out random spells between picking up loot doesn't mean you pvp. This thread is 85% PVP and 15% PVM. Switching to a luck suit is the only issue for PVM.

3. You don't even play a dexer - how did you come up with this opinion of why you think weapon swapping should have a cool down of 30s? How would it add skill/tactics to weapon swapping - how? You have no possible idea what it would do because you don't use weapons, you use spells. That was your only "insight" you've added, if you want to call it insight... How can you give insight on a subject you have no insight of?

If you had actually read every post I've made you'd see that I clearly have some insight to this subject. PVPing on a dexer in EC is all I do in this game. You could probably see that in the many hours I've recorded while doing so. I've followed this subject in multiple threads. This is the first thread on the topic that you've participated in - were you aware related subjects have come up before this thread? I took the OPs post, as it is. This topic has gone step by step running into this thread. It went from "can we have this?" to "both clients should be equal" to "ec shouldn't have this" to "why is this even in game?" over multiple threads.

Subjects snowball when people don't get what they want, as this subject clearly has.

Last edited:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I haven't read the entire thread, so if this has already been mentioned, my apologies.

You can't have this discussion without dealing with the issue of the CC and illegal third party apps. It's pretty clear from the design of the EC that it was, at least in part, created to level the playing field between those who don't want to use cheats, and those who don't give a flying f*** about fairness.

Right now the EC is still at a disadvantage vis a vis the CC when it is combined with certain illegal third party apps. If that wasn't the case, none of the "high end" pvp'rs would be using the CC with illegal third party apps, they would be using the EC. I've seen a lot of those high end pvp'rs try the EC, and then go back to the CC in combination with illegal third party apps, so clearly the CC when combined with illegal third party apps still offers advantages not available to those who use the EC.

So until the issue of illegal third party apps is dealt with in the context of the CC, any attempts to "balance" the EC by removing feature such as instant suit switching would be punishing those who choose to play the game clean, and put them at an even bigger disadvantage than they already are at.

edit: And don't feed me the nonsense that the high end pvp'rs aren't using the EC "because it's ugly". Several of the most popular cheats used throughout the years, at least one of which is still in use today, completely wreck the aesthetic of the game. I won't go into details, but anyone who has played the game at a high level knows what I'm talking about, and those cheats make the game butt ugly.

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So until the issue of illegal third party apps is dealt with in the context of the CC, any attempts to "balance" the EC by removing feature such as instant suit switching would be punishing those who choose to play the game clean, and put them at an even bigger disadvantage than they already are at.
+1

The only balance that could be made is by removing one client.

My suggestion to CC users: There's going to be differences between two clients, deal with it. The only thing game-breaking are people using third-party programs in CC and running around saying EC users are "cheating" because they have a couple functions that CC users don't - which is preposterous.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather not have this option, i think it makes sense to not be able to insta switch suits in combat (pvm or pvp).
I think it makes sense because (as I've said in multiple posts, in many many different ways):

1. It adds dynamics to our combat system.

2. If people use resources (by buying/crafting) in order to acquire items then they should be able to use said items at any given time.

3. There have been no instances in the past where any player has shown this to be "over-powered" or "game-breaking" and it will continue to be that way.

What are your reasons? All I keep seeing from the other side of the argument is that "it makes sense" or "it shouldn't be" or "it's over-powered." Well, why?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sibble, i'm really not sure why you keep campaigning that EC users should have advantages over CC users:
1 they shouldn't
2 it has nothing to do with this thread

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sibble, i'm really not sure why you keep campaigning that EC users should have advantages of CC users:
1 they shouldn't
2 it has nothing to do with this thread

And there you have it folks. CC vs. EC - after I've clearly given reasons on this topic, it's come back to CC vs. EC.

Yes, @Mervyn completely ignore the reasons I've given and bring this back to a EC vs CC topic. You truly make some good points!

@Scribbles This subject, is CC vs EC. You can clearly see the OPs position (unless you are blind.)

He thinks that EC users have an advantage over CC users. You are blind. This is the underlying reason for this thread. There is no other reason for this thread. I'm done at this point I've clearly added plenty of insight to this thread.

I do not think EC users have an advantage over CC users, I think it's the other way around seeing as CC users have an arsenal of scripts through third-party programs at their fingertips.

*bows out gracefully and waves with both hands*

Last edited:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ya, we're starting to have an open discussion about the elephant in the room, clearly it's time to lock the thread.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's pretty ridiculous how a handful of people is allowed to stir such a drama over an 8 year old feature. It's been there for ages. And all of a sudden its a game breaking problem? I say most people dont even know what they are talking about. Please go fool yourself with this "changing suit for every action" BS.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my take on the issues raise in this thread:

Functionality: should be available and subject to the same restrictions in both clients.

Justification for a cool down: both the specialization of templates (with associated benefits) and the increased power of available gear have exasperated the problem of being able to instantly swap out an entire suit on the fly. Said another way: 3 years ago the level of gear available to be swapped just didn't exist and wouldn't have provided the same additional advantage it does today.

Implementation: whether it is actually possible with coding aside, the ability to call the insta-dress function in either client should be subject to a 30 second cool down. You should still be able to manually remove and replace armor. Death should immediately reset the timer. Weapons, spellbooks & talismans should be exempt from all swapping restrictions.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
[...] the ability to call the insta-dress function in either client should be subject to a 30 second cool down. You should still be able to manually remove and replace armor. Death should immediately reset the timer. Weapons, spellbooks & talismans should be exempt from all swapping restrictions.
Why should weapons, spellbooks and talismans excempted from this? Does not make sense.

I would be cool with an timer for each armor slot, but excluding single slots because of how certain templates are played totally shows how biased and flawed the whole discussion is.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should weapons, spellbooks and talismans excempted from this? Does not make sense.
Makes perfect sense to me. Weapon specials and slayers should remain interchangeable as they have always been. The only two slots that affect those aspects are hands and talisman.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes perfect sense to me. Weapon specials and slayers should remain interchangeable as they have always been. The only two slots that affect those aspects are hands and talisman.
So the attacker should be free to use every weapon special in game while the defender shall not have all defensive properties at his disposal. Does not really sound like a fair change to me.

I mean, apart from how artificial that discussion is anyways. I never heard anyone mention this in the acutal game.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. You don't play EC - you hop on EC to loot IDOCs, that doesn't make you an EC user. EC is all I use, I am an EC user.

2. You don't PVP - picking up your spellbook and going to yew moongate once every month for 5 minutes doesn't mean you PVP, going to an event in fel for one night out of a year doesn't mean you PVP, hiding at idocs and throwing out random spells between picking up loot doesn't mean you pvp. This thread is 85% PVP and 15% PVM. Switching to a luck suit is the only issue for PVM.

3. You don't even play a dexer - how did you come up with this opinion of why you think weapon swapping should have a cool down of 30s? How would it add skill/tactics to weapon swapping - how? You have no possible idea what it would do because you don't use weapons, you use spells. That was your only "insight" you've added, if you want to call it insight... How can you give insight on a subject you have no insight of?

If you had actually read every post I've made you'd see that I clearly have some insight to this subject. PVPing on a dexer in EC is all I do in this game. You could probably see that in the many hours I've recorded while doing so. I've followed this subject in multiple threads. This is the first thread on the topic that you've participated in - were you aware related subjects have come up before this thread? I took the OPs post, as it is. This topic has gone step by step running into this thread. It went from "can we have this?" to "both clients should be equal" to "ec shouldn't have this" to "why is this even in game?" over multiple threads.

Subjects snowball when people don't get what they want, as this subject clearly has.
1. I only play EC for PvP and PvM. I IDOC in CC because i dont know what rares look like in EC. AGain your assumptions are awful.

2. I play a toon called pestilence... a DSER that does in fact switch to a medable suit to stealth away when necessary. Previous to mesanna ruining pvp and making everyone leave, i played with LNR and can control a choke point better than anyone here. Please dont assume things it makes you look like an arrogant noob.

3. I pretty much only play a dexxer. Pestilence.

Congrats on assuming everything about me and how i play in the EC it makes you look like an ass.

Here is my set up on EC just for you buddy. pesti.PNG

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the attacker should be free to use every weapon special in game while the defender shall not have all defensive properties at his disposal. Does not really sound like a fair change to me.

I mean, apart from how artificial that discussion is anyways. I never heard anyone mention this in the acutal game.
Yes, warriors should be free to swap around attacks, just as mages can change spells. Neither mages or warriors should be able to toggle entires suits instantly and constantly.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Scripts for CC are Illegal, It's EA/BS' fault they are not enforcing their own rules.
That makes EC legal & very highly advantageous over CC.

You're also acting as if there aren't any illegal programs for EC as well- which makes that "illegal Program" argument moot.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I suggest to play EC then and deal with it..

The only reason I see to pvp in CC is because you can cheat more easily.