• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ingots...er none actually.

S

SLACK

Are there any miners still on this shard????
I've hit every vendor rune I have (most of which weren't even there anymore) and I've perused all of the usual Luna vendors and no damn ingots at all!
REally? Has LA degraded to that? :sad3:

D

Dark Angel XXXX

Ummm...You just need to know who to ask lol....I know there is still a few in my alliance that still mine..Not me though !!..But I do have a few ingots. Let me know what you need and see if I can get them for you..BTW, why aren't you out mining??? oops did I say that out loud..me bad :(

B

Beer_Cayse

I burned thru most of my stuff for POF BODS ... <shrug> Even then if I have >4K of anything I'm doing well.

S

StifledArgument

Are there any miners still on this shard????
I've hit every vendor rune I have (most of which weren't even there anymore) and I've perused all of the usual Luna vendors and no damn ingots at all!
I know your pain. I can't find any ingots to buy.

I would mine like crazy and sell them, but I can't justify the time in selling the little I get.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be no surprise- with all of the talk about banning / preventing scripting people are either stopping their script miners or they are hording what ingots they have expecting the prices to go up as resources get more rare.

Guess you boys better go get a shovel and a pack horse.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am always stocking ingots on my vendors. the problem is with my pricing they sell out fast. If you let me know what you are looking for I will save the order for you.

My prices per 1 k ingots

iron 12k
dull 35k
shadow 40k
copper 45k
bronze 50k
gold 55k
agapite 60k
verite 65k
valortie 70k

S

StifledArgument

I am always stocking ingots on my vendors. the problem is with my pricing they sell out fast. If you let me know what you are looking for I will save the order for you.

My prices per 1 k ingots

iron 12k
dull 35k
shadow 40k
copper 45k
bronze 50k
gold 55k
agapite 60k
verite 65k
valortie 70k
I would jack those prices up, you are still more than fair at 30% increase. :)

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mining is one of the things I'm going to be doing. Once I get a bunch of ingots saved up, and can start mining stuff besides iron, gonna make a vendor. As far as the iron goes, probably use that to raise my blacksmithing, etc. It still sucks about the whole mining spot thing. On my old account, Anvil's (my legendary bs/miner) runebook collection for each ore would of been obsolete. I guess you still had tons of spots to mine though.. Anvil is still around I think. Not totally sure on that though. I fired up ICQ the other day (had to download the new one), was trying to contact some old friends which I will probably see in game soon anyway. It's funny, when I made that character long ago (2001), people used to get me confused with a different Anvil that I don't even think played anymore. After I sold my account, I'm sure people came up to my Anvil and thought I was still playing that character.. heheh

As far as Nagash and Mosiah, don't really think he played these characters as much as Anvil. It would be weird to run into my old characters, especially after playing that account for over 5 years.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

When I'm not being lazy and actually have vendors up I usually sell ingots here and there.
You might try NPC vendors, you can still find the ingots pretty cheap...

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are quite a few places in tram that are selling ingots. These players usually have only one or two vendors up and are off the beaten path. You just have to look. I have always stocked ingots, the probl;em is that they are gone withing a few hours. With SP now available from minning, I suspect you will see more ingots and mining resources available.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, with Saltpeter coming from boat mining and mining in dungeons, you could probably upgrade to High Seas, start mining those places for your ingots, and make a fortune selling any incidental Saltpeter from the Nitre deposits you find (miners in luck suits - what has the world come to?)

I just love how jerks from the big shards shout me down, claiming things like the basic peerless ingredients (like taint) are TOO COMMON, when here you have a hard time finding ingots on vendors, let alone more expensive ingredients like Taint.

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, with Saltpeter coming from boat mining and mining in dungeons, you could probably upgrade to High Seas, start mining those places for your ingots, and make a fortune selling any incidental Saltpeter from the Nitre deposits you find (miners in luck suits - what has the world come to?)

I just love how jerks from the big shards shout me down, claiming things like the basic peerless ingredients (like taint) are TOO COMMON, when here you have a hard time finding ingots on vendors, let alone more expensive ingredients like Taint.
=======================================
ive got over 450k ingots,, lots of taint etc, a vendor at my 18x18 with ingot
deeds always on him..

S

Smurcoch

Sorry Slack, What I mine, I use.

Friggen bods take a lot of ingots.

I do feel your pain though, I can never find any for sale.