• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

InGame Forums and QA

Just a Dude

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would like to know if there are any plans for an in-game forum or a better communication system being put in the game? My ideal is that each shard can have their own shard forum actually accessible in-game. It could look like the old chat system where a large gump/window where messages can be posted to the shard or guild-members. I spent well over a year as a governor and my main issue that i had was a lack of mass (offline) communication that wasn't intrusive (macro announcements). I found that a fair percentage of people didn't like to go to websites or do anything except login to receive info. Since there is no message system that would allow for an message to remain with announcing it over chat this would leave these players in the dark and involvement from people who did not understand the purpose of the post.

There was also no way for me to receive a message from players that did not play the same time as i did. This leaving me in the dark to events, hunts, or anything relevant.

I think that an In-game forum would be a better way to get a real idea of what actual players of the game think and ways that would improve the game as a whole. The meet and greets are nice and as i appreciate the effort the meetings are missing a fair amount of the player base that can simply not make them or even know they happened until after. I have missed all of them due to rl. The few people i do know in rl that play also can't make those times and 2 of them didn't even know you were doing it.

This forum could have different sections that would allow for more than just one line of info. For example, Governors Messages, Shard Info, General UO info, Q and A, etc.

I wanted to bring this up at a meet and greet but I just can't seem to make them.

thanks
Dude