• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Info On Pets Jumping Multiple Levels - From Mesanna during Meet & Greet

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Good news.. at least they are aware of it and have @Bleak on the job now.

From the transcript: (taken from here Developer Meet And Greet Sonoma ~ May 29th 2017 )

[LKatana]: the other issues ive hit is when adding stats and such to pet say a lvl 3 pet

[Mesanna]: its just the blue beetles?

[LKatana]: it jumps to lvl 5 on one training skipping the lvl 4

[LKatana]: its the one ive found but gen chat says runes doing it to

[Mesanna]: ok we will look into this

[Mesanna]: we were not aware of it

[LKatana]: so thats the bug?

[LKatana]: and the other is the jumping over levels

[LKatana]: a friend had a Phoenix

[LKatana]: go from 3 to 5

[LKatana]: when she added just resists and hit points

[LKatana]: thus making it so she could not train it again

[LKatana]: is that a bug

[LKatana]: or intended

[Mesanna]: one sec talking

[Mesanna]: we are discussing this

[LKatana]: cause i thought a pet would only go up 1 control slot at a time per training

[LKatana]: had a iron beetle do it to

[Mesanna]: ok

[Mesanna]: we will look at it

[Mesanna]: we think we know why its happening

[LKatana]: also had a pet go up a control slot

[Mesanna]: yes it should only go up one slot at a time

[Mesanna]: so that is a bug

[LKatana]: when out fighting with it

[LKatana]: went from a 1 to a 2 when just out hunting with it and its dex and such went up

[Mesanna]: nods

[LKatana]: is that a bug too

[Mesanna]: yes

[Mesanna]: its the same issue

[LKatana]: cool well not cool but cool its a bug

[LKatana]: that can be worked on fixing

[Mesanna]: lol

[Mesanna]: yes we have it listed now

[LKatana]: if a pet does that jump is it fixable by a gm

[Mesanna]: Bleak will look into it

[LKatana]: or do we have to wait for patch

[Mesanna]: nope

[Mesanna]: Bleak has to fix it

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ive been working with math on how to keep it from slot jumping.. it varies from pets to pet.. so far I've found stats that count toward the math of slot jumping and safe stats that are ok to increase to secure the extra points.. I want to make sure my math is alittle more firm before I post my findings though as it varies the routes you must take for say a 2 slot mare vs a 3 slot Phoenix..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive been working with math on how to keep it from slot jumping.. it varies from pets to pet.. so far I've found stats that count toward the math of slot jumping and safe stats that are ok to increase to secure the extra points.. I want to make sure my math is alittle more firm before I post my findings though as it varies the routes you must take for say a 2 slot mare vs a 3 slot Phoenix..

Do like I do. Don't skill your pet while training. I Hate Skilling. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are going to jerk us over on Stamina regen. To fix the PvP ruining Phoenix, pets will lose stamina when hit.... The Devs are saying Stamina controls speed.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They already loose abit of stam its just their passive reg is enough to counter it unless their HP drops to low.. then ya need at least 1-5 stam reg to keep it at 150 =D as long as your pet stay near the 80% mark of HP its passive stam reg normally will counter the stam lose... hopefullt they don't buff the stam they lose per hit or a lot of per made pets will lose a lot of damage..

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think we will have to wait for the fix for slot levels. I have had 2x 2 slot nightmares go to 3 slot in the 30 seconds between taming and stabling. So there must be more to it than skills

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I found with 2 slot mares some of them the game will round up as soon as you start the new system and it will hit 3 slot right away ..with these the extra training is lost.... normally the ones that stay 2 slot you have tip toe around the order ya do things.. while you are adding PS's and regs in the first point your lore will tell ya that its gone up to three slots.... but once its done you still get 2 more rounds of training or 3k points... Just becareful in round 3 to 4 if you 120 skill get to close to that cap during that round it can jump a slot.... and you will lose the 4-5 slot training.. but .. once you get the 3 to 4 slot 1500 points done.. this is the safe zone... its very rare to slot jump at this point.. bare in mind this was with mares testing.... and you can increase their dex and stam in the other phases..but wait until the 4 to 5 slot round to increase str and HP as these have been the biggest cause of slot jumping in my testing.... bare in mind this is only in my test of 2 slot mares.... and the math has varied alittle with pets like Naj and Phenix... I was going to wait to even post this... but since a fix is coming.. maybe this will save some pets and resources... once again.. when it tams as 2 slot start the system right away and bring up the 0-100% bar.. if it doesn't jump to 3 slot by the game rounding up( stays 2 slot) this one is a keeper..

Last edited: