Incompetant GMs...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
D

DVI

that particular word is generally grounds for an insta ban according to the tos which you agreed to when you opened your accounts.

so its your own fault stop whining.

H

HillBilly

that particular word is generally grounds for an insta ban according to the tos which you agreed to when you opened your accounts.

so its your own fault stop whining.
EA needs to learn the definition of a word.

And I dont whine...I have a life outside of UO....do u?

H

HillBilly

NONONONONONO: Im not going to go that far. This isnt between me and you. Im juts upset over the lack of concern the GM had.

Ive played the game for 4 years...never paged on anyone for any reason. If I dont like what they say...I block em.

People should just mind they own business.

H

HillBilly

HERES THE TOS:

68645732: HillBilly 03:08:20 i **** cats

Rules of Conduct: 2) You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit
language, graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not
limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at
another individual or group of individuals).

Critters such as cats are not individuals.

H

HillBilly

Lose, you say?
Who got banned?
I dunno...who got banned?

I got a 48 hour suspension.

Whos Next!

: Before this gets all outta hand. Im an easy going guy. Anyone who has talked to or played with me on atlantic knows how I am. Im not an ass. I just think this was taken a bit too far. I wasnt speaking to any individual or playing char. I think this was taken to the extreme.

How about I page on everyone that I hear use a curse word? I f'n hope they get 48 hour bans.
AT this point I think I will report any degrogatory comments, sexual, or offensive. Im just gonna report it to be an a$$hole like the rest of the commnity.

K

Kiminality

I dunno...who got banned?

I got a 48 hour suspension.

Whos Next!
Just quoting you, there:
Guess what....48 hour ban for indecent language.
I don't really see the question.
The precedent is there; plenty of people have been banned for using that word. You used the word, and were banned.
Your use of the word, regardless of context, was indiscreet. in a manner that was readable by anyone in the area.
Unless you were talking to the monster, though the subject of the statement was a monster, it was directed to a person. Otherwise... Why did you say it in the first place?

You might want to take a step back.
Because you are whining, a little, and generally not sounding particularly easy-going. And, to be honest, like a bit of an ass.
Not trying to insult you, or anything... But you're coming across as anything but what you claim to be...

K

Kiminality

There is a block button if you do not want to hear someone.
I'm just going to comment on a flaw in your logic, before I report your post for RoC violation.
What good is a block button, when you can only block someone's offensive language, after they've used it?

That's all ;)

T

T_Amon_from_work

HERES THE TOS:

68645732: HillBilly 03:08:20 i **** cats

Rules of Conduct: 2) You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit
language, graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not
limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at
another individual or group of individuals).

Critters such as cats are not individuals.
The r-word defines an action against another individual at the least. Think of the context IRL and you will realize the ToS is quite accurate. Still, no sympathy.

S

Still Frame

What part of saying it seemed like a good idea, or made you feel cool saying it in the first place?

P

prison bound

hillbilly, while i agree that the word is able to be censored and should be allowed, it is not. i was at brit bank with you when this happened and after you said it the first time, someone told you that you could be banned if someone paged... what did you do? you told them to page and continued to use the word. what more can you expect?

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Anywhere there is dew.
terra.zebular.com
R-word posts have been snipped out. As I said in another thread, it isn't allowed here either and with good reason. Most understand this, if anyone does not, please feel free to email us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to explain it clearer.

The "GMs dont know how to read TOS" thread has been snipped as well and merged into this one.

My apologies for this interruption, carry on. :)