• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inappropriate Rune Name?

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious as to why a rune name would be deemed inappropriate.

Running Man Isle --- I marked a rune for an island and if you crossed your eyes and stared really long it kinda looked like a man running. So I decided to name it running man isle. It wouldn't let me saying it was inappropriate. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

Not important just curious.

Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure.... there is no UO together or EM or..... OPPS there it is! I found it...... G M.... Can't have GM together.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to name a rune Origin, - but thats improper too...

Feels kinda strange - if its improper to mark and name, its not allowed to say it - so in all means its even bannable...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
There's all sorts of strings like that which cannot be used on a rune (or engraved onto a container), unfortunately. "Councelor's Hall", "Overseers", "Grass" are the three I've run into most often. Misk said they won't be fixed over in http://community.stratics.com/threads/typo-in-area-name.294271/ . I would be willing to bet a month's subscription cost that the problem is some overly greedy regular expressions in the filter... but it seems noone is interested in fixing the filters to be only as limited as is actually needed.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had ancient runes named 'Titan Valley'. Then suddenly 4 or 5 years ago I could not name a rune that. "Titan Valley" ?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your unsure just rename a single letter until it passes. move that changed letter down the string until you find the full sting it is not allowing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah I tried to mark Delucia Pass but the end of pass prevented it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes and that combination of letters also makes marking a Rune for Compassion.... IMPOSSIBLE. Stupid..... childish and silly but it is what it is.

Yes we can't even mention one of our OWN virtues the game is BASED on.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yes and that combination of letters also makes marking a Rune for Compassion.... IMPOSSIBLE. Stupid..... childish and silly but it is what it is.

Aye, though you can copy existing books w/a compassion rune with a pen of wisdom... I have a compassion rune on most shards; if anyone needs one and can provide the pen, drop me a line.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Actually, this was fixed a while ago. Compassion works as a rune title.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wanted to say thanks! It was the "g m". I am amazed that this was the first time in fourteen years of game play that I couldn't name a rune especially now that I know how sensitive the system is.

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I keep forgetting all those unacceptable strings and I still run into this a lot as I make new chars, mark runes, change vendor/shop names a bit more often than average players.
Whenever I'm told the name is unacceptable and I can't come up with a good alternative name quickly, I just simply put a dot(.) between the letters of the string so it becomes acceptable. It makes the name look a bit weird but the dot isn't really noticeable much in most cases.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last year I helped host a Holiday Party, and we had some drinking games, one of which was to see who puked the least in a 5 minute period after chugging a bunch of booze. I went about making the prize box, and tried to engrave the box with *Most Intestinal Fortitude*.... but there was no way...

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Just curious as to why a rune name would be deemed inappropriate.

Running Man Isle --- I marked a rune for an island and if you crossed your eyes and stared really long it kinda looked like a man running. So I decided to name it running man isle. It wouldn't let me saying it was inappropriate. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

Not important just curious.

Thanks.
I am concerned that you cross eyes for a long time. Didn't mother tell you they will stay that way???? :p

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am concerned that you cross eyes for a long time. Didn't mother tell you they will stay that way???? :p
I'm safe as long as no one slaps my back while I'm crossing them - Right?!?:frown2:

heheh:D