• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In the Age of Reforging, are higher runic hammers still good for anything ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it is not possible to reforge an item that has magic properties, I wonder whether the runic hammers golden and higher, up to valorite, are still good for anything at all....

I hear most players using copper, perhaps shadow hammers but not much if at all any other hammer, bronze and dull copper included. Are they still good for anything ? For what in case ?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Val hammers are still good for reforging garg necklace/earrings...now that u can reforge tinkered items with blacksmith runics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You can use a valorite hammer to reforge stuff that is otherwise not possible, it just might take a lot of chances before you get the right mix of properties...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can use a valorite hammer to reforge stuff that is otherwise not possible, it just might take a lot of chances before you get the right mix of properties...
The problem is, that these high end runic hammers do not come with a lot of charges so, in the end, the reforging might come up quite expensive. One might wonder if the reforging is in the end worth the cost....

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The problem is, that these high end runic hammers do not come with a lot of charges so, in the end, the reforging might come up quite expensive. One might wonder if the reforging is in the end worth the cost....
It's common situation. At the low end much better suit is slightly more expensive. At the high end slightly better suit is much more expensive.

But there are people who don't count billions so they don't worry about price and are ready to pay 3x-5x more for slightly better suit.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://stratics.com/community/threads/top-end-mage-suit-has-every-mod.312072/

This page show's a garg earing made from a val hammer that makes me stunned. I've debated coming back to the game and seeing stuff like that makes me think it could be fun.
I am not sure I understand what is so special about the earrings reforged with Valorite in thatn thread...

Are you referring to the earrings Fire Eater 15%, Casting Focus 2%, Mana Increase 8, HPR 3, MR 2, LMC 8%, Phys 4% resist, Fire 8% resist, Cold 5% resist, Poison 5% resist, Energy 8% resist ?

The Legendary Gargish bracelet impressed me quite more...

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bracelet is loot from the dungeons but the necklace has some nice mods which you can only get reforging with a val hammer.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bracelet is loot from the dungeons but the necklace has some nice mods which you can only get reforging with a val hammer.
You mean, modifiers that normally cannot be found on jewellery ?
If so, how is it possible then that reforging adds them ? This means that reforging can add any and all modifiers, randomly, to any item which gets reforged even if it normally is not supposed to have them ?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused by that^

Basically what he said was the bracelet was shame loot..

And the necklace was crafted and reforged using a val runic hammer..which is the only way it's attainable minus getting extremely lucky in shame/cove or whatever revamped dungeon tickles your fancy..

Jewelry cannot be reforged..

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused by that^

Basically what he said was the bracelet was shame loot..

And the necklace was crafted and reforged using a val runic hammer..which is the only way it's attainable minus getting extremely lucky in shame/cove or whatever revamped dungeon tickles your fancy..

Jewelry cannot be reforged..

The necklace is not jewellery ??

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Technically it is jewelry..but I'd say most people consider it an armor slot like a gorget or helmet..hence why the made the able to be reforged..don't know why they didn't go as for as making it enhancable..but I guess we can't dive too far into the devs thinking

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Gargish Neckplace/Earing are not jewels. I would prefer to be able to imbue skills/di/hci/dci/etc on them... but they are not jewels.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See I'm the opposite..I like the imbuing on ring/brace..but would also would like to be able to reforge them

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I wonder why we don't have runic tinker tools - maybe to be available from the quests in elf city like the saws and fletcher kits are.

Does anyone know where the line is drawn for the Lesser...Legendary artifacts. So if you reforge using a Barbed Kit (+powerful) it's basically = to a lesser arty. Is the best possible stuff to get a Legendary Arty, or can a val hammer get = to a legendary arty?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's minor lesser major.. For reforging..it would however be cool if they threw in some rare chances to reforge a legendary oiece