• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In need of some judges for an upcoming event

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am planning to hold the second ever Iron Chef Sosaria towards the end of this month, and will be needing a few judges. The judges will be tasting and judging the dishes presented by the chef contestants, and picking the winner.

This is of course an RP event, so the true judging of the winner will be reflected in.

1. His Work at his stove. Has the chef convinced you that he/she is in the process of preparing a number of dishes.

2. Presentation to the judges. The chefs must describe each dish to the judges, and give them an understanding of how they used the secret ingredient in the dish.

3. Audience interest. Did they capture the attention of the audience, and did they seem to be having fun.

As the day draws close, I will have the rule set better defined. If you are interested in judging this, please let me know.

Aedon Durreah-Proprietor-Knights Rest Tavern-Aegis

EM Kasaven

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on the date you plan to hold this, I would certainly be interested. These are always very entertaining for all involved.
I'm thoroughly enjoying your writing, by the way.

Kasaven

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent. I will take a look at dates that might work well for folks, Have to take into account the other events happening.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, this will give me 2 judges. I would like to find one more before I schedule the event. What night and time is good fr you two. The Rest is most times open on Tuesdays, but I can do a special day.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You just let me know! I will pencil you in! ;)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent. I will look at the calendar and see what might be available. Thank you for your offer of help. Last time I held this event in Umbra a great time was had by all.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have to put this off till next month. The Mrs is forcing me to paint the inside of our house.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll Judge as Rotep or join and for every round just make cupcakes no matter what's the goal.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will also Judge perhaps I will dust off an old char for thee event, If you still need another Judge

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The good thing about this event is no one will need to know how to cook to take part, The entire event is to be roleplayed. While you are at your stoves we will need to see you act and move as though you are cooking a meal. Food will be provided to each of you to present to the judges at their tables.

You will be judged on how well you RP'd the part, and how much fun and excitement you put into your presentation to the judges.

The winning Chef will be declared Iron Chef Sosaria, and win a prize of 2 million gold. I will be making further plans soon, and hope to solidify a date. This competition is open to all.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You should get Black Sun to be a judge on his Gordon Ramsey character!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay for any who would like to be on the judges panel, how would September 14th or 21st work. Please post availability on both those dates. I need time to promote the event and set things up.

And yes, a Judge may also be a Pirate.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aedon, I'd love to help. Not on my vampires though --- they don't eat human food! Imagine the curse. ;) I'll get with you as to who I bring, you may not know of her.

The 14th would work for me but only after 8 pm est... the 21st is my birthday, I am not on at that time.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not available either day (Darn those weekdays!)... But picture this:

Today, on Iron Chef, Britannia, our secret ingredient is RUM!

*Producer runs into the announcer's booth, whispers frantically to the announcer*

With sincere apologies folks, it seems that Hawkeye Pike, Hook, Trinsac and Scarst got into our secret ingredient room. We'll have to delay the contest for another month.

*Next month*

And the winner is:
Chef Aneirin with his creation, "Rum in a glass".

*whispers next to the microphone* All right, who let the pirates judge this stinkin' thing?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not available either day (Darn those weekdays!)... But picture this:

Today, on Iron Chef, Britannia, our secret ingredient is RUM!

*Producer runs into the announcer's booth, whispers frantically to the announcer*

With sincere apologies folks, it seems that Hawkeye Pike, Hook, Trinsac and Scarst got into our secret ingredient room. We'll have to delay the contest for another month.

*Next month*

And the winner is:
Chef Aneirin with his creation, "Rum in a glass".

*whispers next to the microphone* All right, who let the pirates judge this stinkin' thing?

LOL. I am open to a day change if it will make it easier for more of us to attend.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my experience, Tuesday evenings is great for events.

I just can't make it. Too bad for me.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay prospective judges, I am shooting for the evening of Tuesday September 28th. Who can make that date?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like fun to me. I will try and make it too. Just make sure there are no orc chefs. Their choices in meals tend to make me want to throw up.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aedon, the 28th right? Time?

Also will it be in YEW?!? ;)

I have looked around Yew, and found no building suitable for the event. Hard to find a place with at least two ovens and space for judges and spectators. I may have to hold it in the Shadowmoor Center in Aegis.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all the good things coming up including the Start of Honor Days, the return of Bards Nights in Taverns, and the fast approaching festival of Samhain, I am going to put this on hold for a bit. I will keep your names in my vest pocket. Plan 0n being called on to judge this event in the near future.

Thank you all for your response.