• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In need of assistance from those that attended Tib Event 7/6/2012

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
During the event last night a storm rolled thru killing the power for a few minutes. We were fighting the "lurg" style monsters at Ilsh honor. When I was finally able to log back on (dang resetting modem) the boss in Doom was dead. Then the storm started back up really bad so I had to log. Just wondering if someone could catch me up on any fiction that was given from the Lurg killing to the end. I need it to finish off the article about the event.

Thanks in advance.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
During the event last night a storm rolled thru killing the power for a few minutes. We were fighting the "lurg" style monsters at Ilsh honor. When I was finally able to log back on (dang resetting modem) the boss in Doom was dead. Then the storm started back up really bad so I had to log. Just wondering if someone could catch me up on any fiction that was given from the Lurg killing to the end. I need it to finish off the article about the event.

Thanks in advance.

Well, there was the part where Mesanna came and dyed our masks....... >_> <_< >_>

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Lurg-style monsters, the Mates of the Troll Queen, had books of orders on them, instructing them to use certain magic words, after they had finished demolishing all of you, to get back to the Troll Queen, who had taken Gilforn prisoner at the behest of the Mysterious Knights.

Things did not go according to their plan. You all defeated the Mates instead of the other way around, then used those same magic words to enter the Doom Gauntlet: One of the few places more-or-less free of the echoes of the Moongate fractures. (Hence why they brought Gilforn there.) You entered the Doom Gauntlet through the moongate opened by the magic words, defeated the Troll Queen, and some of you received her Diary as a reward.

Gilforn then was found, and recovered quickly enough from his ordeal to gate everyone back to the Lycaeum.

There he explained that he managed to learn at least one thing about the Honor Moongate before the Mysterious Knights and their Troll minions jumped him: The fractures are deep and it will acquire a being of incredible magic power to repair the problem. By incredible power we mean British, Minax, Blackthorn, Nystul, or Time Lord level.

This of course leaves a great problem: Once Gilforn (presumably helped by his assistant Emma and his once-mentor Dryuss Doost, and of course probably assisted by all of you in the form of future events) manages to find the instructions (spell) and proper tools for the fix, who can actually do the work?

You have the best architects in the world, but would appear to lack any builders capable of implementing their designs.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This of course leaves a great problem: Once Gilforn (presumably helped by his assistant Emma and his once-mentor Dryuss Doost, and of course probably assisted by all of you in the form of future events) manages to find the instructions (spell) and proper tools for the fix, who can actually do the work?

You have the best architects in the world, but would appear to lack any builders capable of implementing their designs.
Thanks for the write-up, I got sidetracked killing monsters on the outskirts and missed a few things. This ties it together.

Would Armageddon be big enough?

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have my chat log...

After the Lurg, Ardranath sent us to a "school" to look for Gilforn to talk to him about the fractured gate. We guessed Lyceum and met Dryss Doost and described the fractured gate to him. He didn't believe it and went to go find Gilforn. Dryuss claims that Gilforn was a student of his.

" [Dryuss Doost]: I will get Gilforn for you.....Him or his Research Assistant, nice girl named Emma."
" [Dryuss Doost]: He believes in more....fanciful things than I do."
" [Dryuss Doost]: There was some strange kind of undead around here awhile ago."

Some Mysterious Undead Knights appeared and attacked the group. After they were defeated, some An Undead Destriers showed up to challenge the group. After they were defeated and the ghosts resurrected, Emma showed up.
" [Emma]: Dryusss aid the Meer told you the Moongate was fractured?"
" [Emma]: Oh no....Thos undead you just fought..."
" [Emma]: They were here for My Lo...I mean for Gilforn?"
[Solus]: We must find Gilforn! The undead was sent to capture him!
[Solus]: Tell us his location at once, his life is at stake!
" [Emma]: Oh no.....He...Well he wanted to help with this problem! So that's where he went.... "
" [Emma]: He went to the Honor Moongate! "
[Emma]: You need to go there immediately and look for him!!!!!
[Emma]: Please help him.....

It got really confusing...even more so than before. So, we went to the Honor Moongate again and found a lot more undead. An Unead Destriers, Undead Mysterious Knights were waiting. Then, above the Honor moongate, we fought Mates of the Troll Queen.

Desdemona]: EM we're lost, what happens next?

More Mates...
[A Mate of the Troll Queen]: *A Mate of the Troll Queen looks ill.*

From there, we wandered through a gate into a dungeon, where we found more evil. It turned out to the be the Dungeon Doom.

[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Rael]: * Rael is wracked with extreme pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Sili]: * Sili is wracked with extreme pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [a greater dragon]: * a greater dragon looks extremely ill. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [a rising colossus]: * The poison seems to have no effect. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Ybri]: * Ybri stumbles around in confusion and pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [a rising colossus]: * The poison seems to have no effect. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [a chinese sphynx]: * a chinese sphynx looks extremely ill. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [an energy vortex]: * The poison seems to have no effect. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Zut]: * Zut stumbles around in confusion and pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [BabyJoe]: * BabyJoe is wracked with extreme pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Curious Darius]: * Curious Darius is wracked with extreme pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Solus]: * Solus looks extremely ill. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [a roaring panda]: * a roaring panda looks extremely ill. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Aitor MitRousers]: * Aitor MitRousers stumbles around in confusion and pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Desdemona]: * Desdemona looks extremely ill. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Paelius]: * Paelius is wracked with extreme pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Shumer]: * Shumer is wracked with extreme pain. *
[12/07/06][17:54:08] [Portas]: * Portas stumbles around in confusion and pain. *

[T Jwilson]: The Mysterious Knights! The Mysterious Knights! All hail the Mysterious Knights!

Then, a lot more confusion and pain for a lot of people...we lost some along the way.

[T Jwilson]: You are all here to take Gilforn away from me! I wont let you! He is my pet!!!!
[T Jwilson]: * The poison seems to have no effect. *
[T Jwilson]: All hail me, the Troll Queen of Ilshenar!!! I am the mightiest troll there is!!!

And, a lot more confusion and pain as we fought the Troll Queen.

[T Jwilson]: But I must say, you men look tasty.....

The Troll Queen died

[<8378862>Mercury]: everyone get that drop?
[<61957685>Nike]: what was drop?
[<80814695>Crimson Avenger]: death robe?
[<8378862>Mercury]: diary of a mad troll fancy book

Then, Gilforn showed up...

[Gilforn]: She.....She was....fearsome.
[Gilforn]: They want to prevent us from fixing the Moongate.
[Gilforn]: Because they think they will benefit from chaos.
[Casandra]: theyre with hethe idem, no?
[Gilforn]: Hethe Idem is with the Fellowship.....
[Gilforn]: If you mean the same one I am thinking of.
[Gilforn]: I suppose there could be more than one....
[Gilforn]: It was very clever of them to bring me here....
[Gilforn]: The Doom Gauntlet exists outside of the Planes like very few other places do.
[Gilforn]: The echoes from the Moongate Fracture can only reach here
[Gilforn]: to a very limited extent, if at all....
[Gilforn]: Did you see Dryuss>? Were they after him too?
[Alexander]: yes
[Gilforn]: Is he alright?
[Casandra]: yes
[Gilforn]: Well I shall have more in common with Professor Ad-Din now, I suppose.
[Gilforn]: He is quite used to adventurese these days.
[Gilforn]: And now I have had one of my own....
[Gilforn]: I....I think I can get us back to the Lycaeum....Just a moment.
[12/07/06][18:00:26] [Gilforn]: Thank you everyone....
[Gilforn]: their troll allies jumped me.....
[Gilforn]: I do not yet know how....But I know at least this much. (to fix the moongates)
[Gilforn]: It will take a figure of great power, great magic power, to fix this.
[Gilforn]: And when I say great power....
[Queen Arya]: the Time lord?
[Gilforn]: I mean Time Lord Level, aye, or British level, or Minax level, or Blackthorn level.
[Gilforn]: And they will need the expertise of myself and Dryuss.
[Gilforn]: Blackthorn is dead, British is gone, Nystul is gone.
[Gilforn]: The Time Lord, no one knows how to reach. Is Amadu powerful on that level?
[Gilforn]: I shall need to think of how to handle this....Once we find a person of
[Gilforn]: the correct amount of power, we will need to make sure they cast the correct magics...
[Gilforn]: We have SOME time....But not much.
[Gilforn]: I am sure I shall see you again....How much time?
[Gilforn]: I...I do not know...
[Gilforn]: I'm not sure anyone does.....
[Gilforn]: Thank you all....Good night...

And, Gilforn left to go work out how to fix the moongates and the crowd dispersed.

Hope this helps...