• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In game chat

• Thread starter Richard Pryor
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
R

Richard Pryor

How do I join in the chatting using the old school client?

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to the tool bar you have at top of screen. You know where th Help button is. Theres an option there that says 'Chat' Click that. List of chats will pop up for u to join. Use < button on keyboard to type into chat. There ya go, now you know, and knowing is half the battle! GO JOE!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
How do we shut the crap off. lol actually the guys in Fel seem to be having a bunch of fun

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I noticed that you can join multiple chats... which makes things REALLY confusing.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chat definetly can get out of hand. Its like having multiple voices in your head lol...

F

five oclock

Do U have to have music or sound clicked to be able to hear the chat? Everytime I join a chat channel I get nothing but dead air..

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you dont actually hear anything.. Or do you mean you dont even see the chat on left side of the screen?

F

five oclock

I click on the chat and click on the room and I hear nada :D on all the channels. Malas Tram Fel etc etc :D

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wierd, I get so much chattering going on at times on left side of the screen, it drives me insane. Sometimes I have to reboot UO to make it stop.

F

five oclock

LoL..In a blah way.

Everyone is trying to get chat to shut up. Im trying to get chat to work. go figure. LoL.

so let me see if I get this straight. People talk into a mic and its broadcast over UO in text? Or is there a certain key you hit to chat?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
LOL!

the day any MMO make a general voice chat will be the day all servers crash and we cry foul!

No hun... is text-based chat where you get certain individuals crying emo about how they died.... is really not a fun place to be.. the General Chat.

R

Richard Pryor

Counter strike has in game chat... It doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult to implement.

F

five oclock

hrm..Ok...The voices from the black rock have stopped talking in my head. Now I can't get chat to talk. I wonder if someone is telling me something...hrm....

I hear voices in my head, they sound like they are snoring.....

Kudos if you know these lyrics :D

S

Salya Sin

My whole guild is AWOL... I'm loving the chat channels! And since our alliance was disbanded by UO (that whole factions/non-factions thing) I really missed the chatter! The HWM, CC, etc. group are a fun bunch to chat with. They crack me up!

OH and Kelek! Everytime I see a post by you... I read your sig at least three times! HILARIOUS! LOVE IT!

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Salya, you never know if its safe to stop. it could always be bat country ......

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I finally got Luna Stripper to shut up last night... she was wanting "everyone" to go to Luna for she has something to say.... dunno who "everyone" is at 2am HST (that's damned early for you mainland people!) and then she started complaining when "everyone" didn't show up right away.

I told her maybe they don't wanna hear what she has to say...

And she didn't talk anymore in the chat. ^.^

We have some characters in our chat... just proves how utterly insane we all are.

Oh... Richard Pryor... yes... voyeurism is the new addiction in UO. :p

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a stripper from luna started yelling! that everyone better come and listen to what they have to say?........i love napa

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally got Luna Stripper to shut up last night... she was wanting "everyone" to go to Luna for she has something to say.... dunno who "everyone" is at 2am HST (that's damned early for you mainland people!) and then she started complaining when "everyone" didn't show up right away.

I told her maybe they don't wanna hear what she has to say...

And she didn't talk anymore in the chat. ^.^

We have some characters in our chat... just proves how utterly insane we all are.

Oh... Richard Pryor... yes... voyeurism is the new addiction in UO. :p
seems this is when they started to talk

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ROTFLMAO!

Yes, we are indeed crazy here!

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The chat system really bothered me at first, but once I found out about separate channels it's pretty convenient : ]

R

Richard Pryor

Strippers do talk although it's limited.

"Do you want a lap dance."

"I'll do you for one hundred dollars."

"I'll do both of you for two hundred."

S

Salya Sin

LMAO... Naughty!!

That said... yes... she's definitely one for attention isn't she? :popcorn: The other night it was "Everyone hates me because of my armor..." I have no idea what armor she has but wow... must be really cool.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
She's hungry for attention in the worst of ways...

One night she was absolutely terrible in the Luna Bank, whining and crying and carrying on in such a way that reminds of me my sons when they were little. A couple of people kept trying to calm her down, friends I suppose...

Someone got really tired of the girl and started calling her emo and such... apparently that got a rise out of her which seriously entertained some of the other people who continued to egg on her. From what I've observed, the girl is seriously wanting some attention.... from anyone. I kinda feel sorry for her in a parental sort of way.

O

OluckyJester

She's hungry for attention in the worst of ways...

One night she was absolutely terrible in the Luna Bank, whining and crying and carrying on in such a way that reminds of me my sons when they were little. A couple of people kept trying to calm her down, friends I suppose...

Someone got really tired of the girl and started calling her emo and such... apparently that got a rise out of her which seriously entertained some of the other people who continued to egg on her. From what I've observed, the girl is seriously wanting some attention.... from anyone. I kinda feel sorry for her in a parental sort of way.

So your saying I have a chance.....?

R

Richard Pryor

That's no woman. Any in-game persona that is remotely close to a slutty female is actually a man IRL. It's true, it's science.

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL!

the day any MMO make a general voice chat will be the day all servers crash and we cry foul!

No hun... is text-based chat where you get certain individuals crying emo about how they died.... is really not a fun place to be.. the General Chat.
Second Life has in game voice chat.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Second Life has in game voice chat.

Is it GENERAL or channel chat?

I've been in General chat room in Yahoo!... and they are nightmares of squelching, music and screaming.

Why I don't do voice much hun.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've been in General chat room in Yahoo!... and they are nightmares of squelching, music and screaming.

Yeah I would rename my characters to Saheed and say Shalalala!
Every time I kill somebody... : /

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

General, anyone in the area with voice switched on can talk and yes it garbles and it sometimes is hard to understand people it's not perfect by a long shot but I think it fits the description of MMOG voice chat for general use.

No, I don't use it much myself lol.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
General, anyone in the area with voice switched on can talk and yes it garbles and it sometimes is hard to understand people it's not perfect by a long shot but I think it fits the description of MMOG voice chat for general use.

No, I don't use it much myself lol.

mmhhhhmmm :p

The way UO has the General Chat.. you can be anywhere in the game (not just the area or within so many parsecs) and get the chatter... especially annoying when UO plops you directly into it every time you log in. grrr!

Altho... can be entertaining (as we witnessed one night, eh Richard!) and most enlightening until people realize it really IS GENERAL chat! HAHAHAH!

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmhhhhmmm :p

The way UO has the General Chat.. you can be anywhere in the game (not just the area or within so many parsecs) and get the chatter... especially annoying when UO plops you directly into it every time you log in. grrr!

Altho... can be entertaining (as we witnessed one night, eh Richard!) and most enlightening until people realize it really IS GENERAL chat! HAHAHAH!
*Imagines*

"brb rr"

Half the shard: "tyt"

:lol:

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My whole guild is AWOL... I'm loving the chat channels! And since our alliance was disbanded by UO (that whole factions/non-factions thing) I really missed the chatter! The HWM, CC, etc. group are a fun bunch to chat with. They crack me up!

OH and Kelek! Everytime I see a post by you... I read your sig at least three times! HILARIOUS! LOVE IT!
On behalf of everyone in C!C we appreciate and stand by that remark :)

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I just thought of something...

with the chat thing... why would we need to go do anything? why need we see each pixel self - we can just blah blah blah in chat while sitting in our homes... who needs to see the pixels anymore?

Telepathic guild meetings.
Remote instructions for running dungeons.

omgomg

just like RL... we are coalescing into individualism now in UO!!!! Who needs to "socialize" anymore... just open a chat! So what if your SO is in the same room... use the UO chat to talk to them!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGHHHHH!!!

F

five oclock

with the chat thing... why would we need to go do anything? why need we see each pixel self - we can just blah blah blah in chat while sitting in our homes... who needs to see the pixels anymore?

omgomg

just like RL... we are coalescing into individualism now in UO!!!! Who needs to "socialize" anymore... just open a chat! So what if your SO is in the same room... use the UO chat to talk to them!!!

LoL!..starting to sound like old school msg boards like mIRC..LoL..Just with something do to inbetween chats

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

omgomg

Thou speaketh the truth.

Me, I always prefer face to face or is that pixle to pixle interaction.

The chat cannel has it's uses, but, there's nothing in UO like the feeling of beating some dungeon or even just going resource gathering/fishing together as a small or large group.