• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Improving the looks in your UO enviroment

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you may already know this but for me this little adjustment makes my UO world looks that much enriched and my collections way prettier.

Its a function in the control panel in the Graphics Card, its a sliding bar called "digital vibrant"and if you set that at 100% your UO environment looks so much cooler, so much richer.

To get to it, right click on your desk top and look at the properties under graphics card control panel and the digital vibrant is under there, try it and let me know if you like the difference.

Should not affect lag or anything like that, its basically giving full saturation of the hues used in this game.

Noticed I also play with brightness and contract to get the best combination. My UO world is so rich now its like I just had my own game upgrade LOL

Graphics.png

Last edited:

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its like Dorothy just got to OZ. Wow things are definitely vibrant now.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont have the same graphics card, but in my AMD vision engine control center i set my saturation to 200 and everything is very vibrant now

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, what a difference! Not sure I can take all this beautifulness! :grin: Thank you for the info!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
LOL LOL LOL
No. I've always had my vivid turned up. It's never looked like that LMAO

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, its not supposed to look like that lol

Under mine full vibrant it looks like this:

7-28.png

Last edited:

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had to back it to 80 but thanks for the great tip :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You realize other people aren't seeing full vibrant unless they have their computer set to see full vibrant, so even if you post a picture of something amazing looking it will show however the viewer has his or her settings set to.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to get into your graphics card's control panal. So regardless of the OS it's inside your graphics card. Once you're inside then you can look for that, or try typing under general search key words "digital vibrant" and look at the path.

Quick Google search on digital vibrance and graphic cards shows the links below. May be this will help.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You realize other people aren't seeing full vibrant unless they have their computer set to see full vibrant, so even if you post a picture of something amazing looking it will show however the viewer has his or her settings set to.
Good catch, I just realized that myself when I logged onto the laptop before the change and noticed it was normal lol.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I am using Windows Millennium Edition, could you offer a walkthrough for my operating system please? Thank you ^^

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, I am using Windows Millennium Edition, could you offer a walkthrough for my operating system please? Thank you ^^
Oh yes, easy:

1. Open your web browser
2. Type in this address in the uniform resource locator area "http;//www.bestbuy.com"
3. Under the "products" tab, search and BUY A FREAKEN NEW GRAPHICS CARD!!

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Oh yes, easy:

1. Open your web browser
2. Type in this address in the uniform resource locator area "http;//www.bestbuy.com"
3. Under the "products" tab, search and BUY A FREAKEN NEW GRAPHICS CARD!!
Okay, thanks you. I am doing that now and will pickup from the local store today hopefully.

EDIT: This is what I am buying, I can follow your walkthrough with this card and my Windows Millennium Edition I hope?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-...=1826004&st=categoryid$abcat0507002&cp=1&lp=9

Last edited:

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ms. Flutter.
And it will make you see things more clearly. Trust me.
Oh, my apologies...

Nonetheless though, I still do not understand how. :X

I will pickup my new video graphics card in about an hour.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx Manti, I tried at 100% and that was just too hard on the eyes. Scaled it down to 70% and that worked out nicely.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thx Manti, I tried at 100% and that was just too hard on the eyes. Scaled it down to 70% and that worked out nicely.
Nice, i am at 99% but I played also with the contrast and brightness so it still has the richness but not the brightness. 18 years of dull colors, sigh its like Linemen said Dorthy going to Oz.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a word of warning (and I promise I'm not trying to crap on Manti's thread) I do a little logo/graphic design on the side, if you were to make this change the vibrancy of the colors you see wont be the colors everyone else sees on the finished product. So that color that "really pops" for you could be a boring drab shade to others.