• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Important steps when you first install Pinco's UI

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm posting this because this tripped me up when I first upgraded to the new Pinco's UI, and my guess is it's causing problems for a lot of people. Pinco's UI now auto cleans your character files, so you don't need to delete your character files, but there are two locations that you do need to delete before you install the new Pinco's UI for the first time.

1. [Ultima Online Enhanced game folder]\UserInterface\Pinco's UI

2. [My Documents]\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data

Inside that folder delete all the folders except the folders with your account name. Then delete the Pinco's UI folder, then reinstall.

Then you unzip the Pinco's UI install package into your Ultima Online Enhanced game folder, start up "UI Patcher.exe", and if you get the infamous "Unhandled Exception" error, start up the "File Shifter.exe" instead, and that should fix that problem for you. After that you can make a shortcut to "UI Patcher.exe" and start the game that way from then on.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm posting this because this tripped me up when I first upgraded to the new Pinco's UI, and my guess is it's causing problems for a lot of people. Pinco's UI now auto cleans your character files, so you don't need to delete your character files, but there are two locations that you do need to delete before you install the new Pinco's UI for the first time.

1. [Ultima Online Enhanced game folder]\UserInterface\Pinco's UI

2. [My Documents]\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data

Inside that folder delete all the folders except the folders with your account name. Then delete the Pinco's UI folder, then reinstall.

Then you unzip the Pinco's UI install package into your Ultima Online Enhanced game folder, start up "UI Patcher.exe", and if you get the infamous "Unhandled Exception" error, start up the "File Shifter.exe" instead, and that should fix that problem for you. After that you can make a shortcut to "UI Patcher.exe" and start the game that way from then on.
the user data folder is cleaned automatically when the patcher start (with the latest version), and the file shifter should be more stable since the last patch, but if is still crashing let me know :D

One note: in the next version there will be a new custom waypoints system, and the waypoints you created will be wiped out. If you don't want that backup the file waypoints.xml inside user data folder.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the time being can I just delete the waypoints.xml file or just open it and delete all the contents?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the time being can I just delete the waypoints.xml file or just open it and delete all the contents?
delete the file, is faster :D
but when the next version get out will no longer be necessary :)