• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

IMO - New PvP Thief Requirement

S

Shinobi

A while back, a friend told me about a book that he wanted me to read. He doesn't know that I am a thief on an online game, he suggested it out of thin air. The book is called "Agent Zigzag" by Ben Macintyre.

The last book I read was almost 9 years ago, it was "The Outsiders" back in my freshman year of high school. I used to love reading books as a kid, but games took over really quickly lol.

This book is insaaaaaane. I made a reference to it in another thread. It's the true life story of Eddie Chapman, a thief/double agent. Practically everything this guy did was unbelievable. It takes place back in WWII. He is originally from Britain, but after a series of events with Nazis, he ends up in the hands of Germany. He becomes a double agent between the two countries, all the while cracking safes with explosives, busting through windows, and hooking up with women. I can't put this book down haha.

I'm only on page 61, and I'm obsessed. A 100% true story, which was uncovered when MI5 (British Secret Service) finally released Chapman's top secret files to the public.

If the UO PvP Thief class were to be brought to life through one man, this is it. I think every serious thief should be required to read this.

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont really play any more, but like you games quickly took over from me reading, be a nice change to pick something up.

Cheers for recommendation.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

To me there is only one good book, The Bible...

Moses was a total badass, and the three wise men used to run drugs between th holy lands. You really think that was myrrh wrapped in foil...

S

Sweeney

To me there is only one good book, The Bible...

Moses was a total badass, and the three wise men used to run drugs between th holy lands. You really think that was myrrh wrapped in foil...
Thump that bible against your head.

A

Arch Magus

And for the record, the Bible is quite badass when you really read it (or try to).

S

sword

I was unaware people still played Thieves on OSI, what could there possibly be to steal? Anyways, Shinobi answer my PM. =[

A

Arch Magus

I was unaware people still played Thieves on OSI, what could there possibly be to steal? Anyways, Shinobi answer my PM. =[
You don't know what there is to possibly steal, and you're talking to Shinobi?

maybe you should read up on the thefts of the month. there's lots of marks out there.:D

S

sword

You don't know what there is to possibly steal, and you're talking to Shinobi?

maybe you should read up on the thefts of the month. there's lots of marks out there.:D
Eh, haven't played OSI in a few years, stealing wasn't to good when insurance came out so I figured it went downhill some more since then.

A

Arch Magus

Eh, haven't played OSI in a few years, stealing wasn't to good when insurance came out so I figured it went downhill some more since then.
well yeah, it did...but it is still do able, just more work to it now.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mungen is actually fun to play. For some reason, over the years, they have only had thieves to steal from crates, Doom and sigils. I can't recall bumping into another thief over there for the 5+ years I have had a thief on Mungen. The players there do get rather upset when you do steal from them though,which adds to the fun...la

A

Arch Magus

Mungen is actually fun to play. For some reason, over the years, they have only had thieves to steal from crates, Doom and sigils. I can't recall bumping into another thief over there for the 5+ years I have had a thief on Mungen. The players there do get rather upset when you do steal from them though,which adds to the fun...la
you mean Mugen.