• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Immortal Polar Bear

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, I just met someone having an immortal polar bear.
it acts like a normal pet, when it dies it turns grey but you can still mount it.

Is that pet legal to have? just wondering!

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have my doubts about this being a legal pet. I could be wrong, but it does not "act like a normal pet" as I have never seen a "LEGAL" polar bear that you can tame and ride...

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had a ethereal polar that was illegal so im saying no will be deleted on sight

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have owned a number of "grey area" pets... with each one I rolled the dice and contacted Mesanna directly to ask it's legality.

Two of them she cleared as legal. One was deemed DEFINITELY not legal and was deleted.

Roll the dice, see what you have. Only way to know for sure.

One thing's for sure, I never would have enjoyed owning a pet that I could not have shown off... And if you ride it around, you risk being paged on, so I say: PM Mesanna for answer

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What one was deemed illegal Slick? if you don't mind me asking :) If you want to keep it private no problem. Im just a curious bear :D

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't be a fool! Illegal items ain't cool!

But seriously, I'd go with Lykor (Slickjack) on this. Pm Mesanna and see what she says, at least that way you'll know for sure. Why on earth would you ever want to own something that could put your account and everything on it in jeopardy? A bear that never dies? Escaflowne is the only bear that never dies, or really quits for that matter.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha damn right! Next time i wont sell all my stuff when i say im leaving but really go on a break for a year and a half :p

I was just curious as to what manner of creature he had that was so illegal! :D

Last edited:

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The pet that was deemed illegal was for sale and I was going to purchase.

The owner and I were friends and he knew that I had the Snow Ridgeback, Ethereal Hiryu, Blaze Cu's and the red Invasion Imp... so he knew I'd be interested.

I saw the pet, saw that it was bonded, and lored it. We killed it and rezzed it to make sure it would stay the "same" and wouldn't POOF!

After all that vetting, I still wanted to make doubly sure that I would not lose my investment, so I messaged Mesanna and asked her it's status.
Without hesitation she said it wasn't legal and if I had bought it I would be subject to the penalties of possession of said pet.

I don't want to get into what the pet was, but I can tell you that it was VERY CLOSE to having an Ancient Wyrm on a leash.... :banana:

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OH, I forgot a funny detail!

After Mesanna told me the pet was illegal, I tried to negotiate with her.

I ask her that if I bought it and was upfront about owning the pet, would she let me keep it if she wiped the stats and abilites of the pet and made it just like a regular horses stats....

NO DICE. Deletion was the only option.

:talktothehand: