• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing tricks of the trade..

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I have been doing imbuing now for about ... 3-4 weeks, and allow me to give my "how to"... And PLEASE add yours as well.

1) When you make a wepon or armor, craft an exceptional item... (There is argumetn over this, but overall exceptional is best, IMO)

2) What I do is craft an item over and over with my smith or tailor until the durability is naturally over 100, that way it's less fort powders used.

3) Which brings me to my next "reminder"... I have slipped up and made some incredive items, and forgot to .... powder them... SO had to sell the really cheap, and cut the loss, whatever it takes to remind you, DONT FORGET THE POWDERS! Jewlery you don't have to worry, just make sure you craft it as exceptional.

4) Before you hit "ok" to imbue your item, try writing down a list of things you want imbued on the item... Then because percentile goes down per property, go through the list and see what material is more rare or expensive and imbue that on the item first to make sure you don't fail and waste a relic frag or 5 and or an expensive essence.

Add what you want. Please.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might like to consult the craftsman forum on this subject.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5) you can't break 255/255 durability cap imbuing durability increase (it worth for shields only). PoF shield to 150, imbue up to 3 mods (fc, dci, rpd usually), imbue 90% durability as 4th mod and save 10 PoF uses.

J

Jermosh

I found a tip from Basara about buying gems from gypsie vendors in Ish. I can load up get citrines for 50gp and ingots for 8gp.

Y

Yen Sid

I found a tip from Basara about buying gems from gypsie vendors in Ish. I can load up get citrines for 50gp and ingots for 8gp.
I just buy my citrines/amber in Ter Mur for 50gp at a time. I suppose a more populated shard would have higher prices though...(I'm on Origin btw)

J

Jermosh

I just buy my citrines/amber in Ter Mur for 50gp at a time. I suppose a more populated shard would have higher prices though...(I'm on Origin btw)
On Atlantic we see 80-100gp fairly easy.