• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing question...

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Can you actually make good suits from just being an imbuer? I mean getting suit pieces from dungeon loot and imbuing them...I'm sure the higher end pieces can't be imbued due to the many properties already on them but what about loot from low end monsters like an ettin ogre or something on that level? I'm trying to get around having to make a full blown crafter...thanks for any input

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The resist will be to crappy, better would be to buy gm/armslore suits and imbue them

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
with all the pvp/pkin going on around the shard, why not just have someone make you a suit. Than run that suit till it falls apart.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the reforge is the new way to up the antie on making high end suits
I certainly use imbue to make 90% of max properties for throw away suits

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Most loot armour worth using cannot be imbued anymore anyway, as its not exceptional its max weight is lower than an excep crafted bit so even if it will allow another imbuing pass it you wont be able to add much, if its got good properties but fairly low resists you can often enhance it will a special material to add resists, even then you need that forged metal tool from the origin store.
Oddly some of this new loot claims to be enhanced with special material already, and you only find this out when you actually make the enhancement attempt.

Jewellery is where its at when it comes to imbuing loot items, and often its lower end monsters that deliver a nice ring or bracelet with only a couple of properties so you have 3 passes left, particularly non imbueable properties like SSI, stam, MR etc, even ones with inbueable things like FC are worth grabbing as it saves on special materials/essences, the imbue weight of jewellery is the same whether its exceptional or not.