• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

imbuing override question

B

Beastmaster

If you imbue a piece of armor with extra cold resist and then extra fire resist does the fire override the cold? One of those things I didn't get to test. I know some things are overridden by others. Anyone made a grouping chart yet?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not resists.
I created an all 70s suit as an example for my son's RP character.
Things that over write are such as slayers - get a nice weapon, but the downside is it's a snow ele slayer, overwrite it with demon/undead etc.
Hit spell effects overwrite each other, can't have hit magic arrow and hit lightning on the same weapon.
As a rule of thumb, if a certain combination is possible in game now, it's possible through imbuing.
+ skill jewellery has some restrictions on combinations, but they're the same groupings as that already used in loot drops. Ailisha posted those groups in a thread a week or two ago.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually resists on armours overwrite the same resists. If you have lets say 3 cold resist from beeing exceptional on an armour and you want to imbue additionally cold resist, you overwrite the ones from the exceptional bonus.