Imbuing making Ridiculous Char. Templates Now...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

Lilweezybaby

I don't know about you but I :heart: skill increases for my tamer character and imbuing rose to the occation. Given that I fully rely on my pets obviously. My template is for PvM only with no luck or anything besides that of getting what i could from AoF..the extra room on jewels..and statue.

Anyway I have:

120 animal lore
120 animal taming
115 musicianship
120 discordance
30 chivalry (remove curse)
100 magery
100 meditation
90 veterinary
70 magic resist (what points i had left over still)

totalling 865 skill points

Just wondering if anyone else was taking advantage of this as well?

G

guum

Have you already made the requisite jewelry for this character? Cause if not, you might want to try to do so before you come up with any sweeping template changes.

In Imbuing, all mods have weight. Many mods have a 1.0x weighting, which means that they imbue just like you'd expect them to -- 100% of that property counts as 100% of your total 500% allowable. Skills, though, are property weighted at 1.4x. That means that if you were to make a ring with *only* skills (No FC, no FCR, no SDI, no DCI), you can fit a maximum of 53 skill points on it, not the 75 you're probably thinking. And you'd be horribly gimping yourself to lose those important jewelry-only mods.

I'd strongly suggest you lose the resist and chivalry on that template...they're going to be small help to you compared to the faster casting and fast cast recovery you're going to have to lose in order to fit all those skill points on two pieces of jewelry (which you can't anyway, unless you've got some other non-jewelry suit items).

L

Lilweezybaby

I already have this character made...I put +13 skills of 4 skills on the jewels then finished it up with luck...Then using the chaos shield and scrappers for casting. BEFORE SA my suit on this character had +103 skill points. I was just using the jewels for skills but with imbuing I can fit more into the template. I was just seeing if anyone else was taking advantage or if they even have thought about it yet.

I have a 120 imbuer so I know the way everything works with weights :p

I find that I am fine with the 2/3 casting for my tamer...if you are a decent one you really dont need to cast any spells. I have the occational Invis or Cure..that is about it.

L

Lilweezybaby

I forgot to put that the suit is 100% LRC fully med and 70/61/68/70/69