• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing juka bows?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something I didn`t get to test in beta - hoping others know:

Can you imbue these bows? As far as I know they are in the same category as everything else that can be imbued, but of course comes with slayer prop at 100%.

Would love to put SSI at least on some of these.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, It was possible.

I never saw a definitive answer on whether it was considered a bug or a feature.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if you can imbue a double slayer Juka bow w/o losing one of the slayer mods...

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all, thats great news.

I wonder if you can imbue a double slayer Juka bow w/o losing one of the slayer mods...
Wouldn`t it just be counted as 2 mods at 100%?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I didnt think you could make double slayers as one prop just replaces the other?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt think you could make double slayers as one prop just replaces the other?
Yes they do. But the double slayer Juka bow is in the game already and might be seen as just another item with an already 200% mod attached to it. In that case, adding a third mod like SSI could be doable.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hope someone else tries it, I don't want to lose any of the ones I have. Would suck if it took one off.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yes they do. But the double slayer Juka bow is in the game already and might be seen as just another item with an already 200% mod attached to it. In that case, adding a third mod like SSI could be doable.
doh I got it must be tired ;-)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think, many ppl would like to imbue SSI onto their rare double slayer juka bows. After imbuing those would have the ability to wear down.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope someone else tries it, I don't want to lose any of the ones I have. Would suck if it took one off.
I'll let you know:) I have a DF Buster - Demon/Earth elemental and a T-Hunter's Delight - Reptile/Repond that I wouldn't risk, but fortunately i have a couple dozen worthless ones: spider/orc, snake, blood ele, etc to test first. It would be sweet to add SSI and either HDL or Mana Leech onto one of the super double slayers!

Even on the sub par doubles, I will wait until I GM Imbue before trying, so it may take a while to find out.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll let you know:) I have a DF Buster - Demon/Earth elemental and a T-Hunter's Delight - Reptile/Repond that I wouldn't risk, but fortunately i have a couple dozen worthless ones: spider/orc, snake, blood ele, etc to test first. It would be sweet to add SSI and either HDL or Mana Leech onto one of the super double slayers!

Even on the sub par doubles, I will wait until I GM Imbue before trying, so it may take a while to find out.
Didn't they change the slayer property damage increase for non super slayers?
Those "worthless" ones are going to be nice.

J

JL from Europa

* Bump *

So did anyone try yet? I've been training imbueing but I'm just curious.

Also do 2x elemental bows extra damage to the DF? Been 3 years and I don't remember if it was Demon/Elemental only or Elemental/Earth Elemental too.

L

[LGND]

Ok, you can imbue a double slayer juka bow, or make one.
Whichever slayer is listed first will be the one that gets replaced.
So, if you have an existing juka bow with something like orc slayer and demon slayer, you can imbue undead slayer in place of the orc slayer. End result, you have a bow with both slayers.
Or, you can take a juka bow before it is modified, imbue a slayer(demon for example), and then modify it(adding a second slayer). You can then change the modified slayer to your liking.

I made an arachnid slayer bow, then modified it and got lucky with spider slaying. Added ssi, and it does massive damage to things like navrey or meph.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't try since beta test, but it was possible to make double slayers. As long as you imbue before modifying, the "hidden" slayer property is not taken into consideration for imbuing, as it doesn't exist at that point (tested with bows modified during server maintenance and again at server up).

Modifying the bow shouldn't replace an eventually already imbued slayer property as the replacing is particular to the imbuing system.