• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing Issue (or not)

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to imbue an Exceptoinally Crafted Double Bladed Staff. I put 49% HLL & HML on it. Then I imbued 13% HCI & 25% SSI... here is the thing: After I put the SSI on it, the HLL & HML DROPPED, both, to 38%.

What the heck is this!?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went to imbue an Exceptoinally Crafted Double Bladed Staff. I put 49% HLL & HML on it. Then I imbued 13% HCI & 25% SSI... here is the thing: After I put the SSI on it, the HLL & HML DROPPED, both, to 38%.

What the heck is this!?
swing speed increase will decrease all leaches. I know weird.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My melee weapon has a 2.25 swing speed - with 25% SSI. By that chart, 45% should be what was possible, but i got less then that for some reason.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only way i think you can get those values is if you didn't max it out, and stopped when it required void orbs or 96/110 weight. But i will have a fiddle and see if i can reproduce.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only way i think you can get those values is if you didn't max it out, and stopped when it required void orbs or 96/110 weight. But i will have a fiddle and see if i can reproduce.
I didnt use void orbs, those are for 30% SSI - 25% doesn't need the void orbs

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't speaking of SSI, but leech.. Void orbs also for leech, something else is for ssi :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a reminder, too many of you are using terminology inexactly, that could confuse someone not familiar with the systems.

The intensity of the leeches (in imbuing terms) does NOT go down from adding SSI. The DISPLAYED EFFECTIVE VALUE is what goes down (or up), based on the overall speed of the weapon.

There is a sliding scale for the displayed effective value. The same amount that might be 50% on a middle speed weapon may be 40% or less on a fast weapon with SSI added, or showing the cap of 100% on a slow weapon. All would have the exact same base percentage in terms of imbued value.

This sliding scale for HML & HLL based on weapon speed was added a year or two into Mondain's Legacy. Prior to then, leeches worked differently than now, and the Soul Seeker minor artifact from paragons (for example) had the same displayed (and actual) intensity for all 3 leeched.
After the change, they remained the same non-displayed INTENSITY, but the displayed effective value of two of the leeches dropped in relation to HSL because of the base weapon's speed combined with its 60% SSI.

To this day, many of us consider that this was a bad idea, simply because of the confusion that occurs as a result of Imbuing SSI with leeches, and the resulting displayed value changes. And, that's before the bugs that resulted in Leech values getting screwed up on weapons from other SSI sources.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder, too many of you are using terminology inexactly, that could confuse someone not familiar with the systems.

The intensity of the leeches (in imbuing terms) does NOT go down from adding SSI. The DISPLAYED EFFECTIVE VALUE is what goes down (or up), based on the overall speed of the weapon.

There is a sliding scale for the displayed effective value. The same amount that might be 50% on a middle speed weapon may be 40% or less on a fast weapon with SSI added, or showing the cap of 100% on a slow weapon. All would have the exact same base percentage in terms of imbued value.

This sliding scale for HML & HLL based on weapon speed was added a year or two into Mondain's Legacy. Prior to then, leeches worked differently than now, and the Soul Seeker minor artifact from paragons (for example) had the same displayed (and actual) intensity for all 3 leeched.
After the change, they remained the same non-displayed INTENSITY, but the displayed effective value of two of the leeches dropped in relation to HSL because of the base weapon's speed combined with its 60% SSI.

To this day, many of us consider that this was a bad idea, simply because of the confusion that occurs as a result of Imbuing SSI with leeches, and the resulting displayed value changes. And, that's before the bugs that resulted in Leech values getting screwed up on weapons from other SSI sources.
No one in this thread said anything about imbuing intensity... Other than just a reference to some values. All of the discussion is about the displayed value decreasing with swing speed.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No one in this thread said anything about imbuing intensity... Other than just a reference to some values. All of the discussion is about the displayed value decreasing with swing speed.
I think you need to read the thread again. EVERYTHING in the thread was about the OP imbuing SSI and not understanding why the HML & HLL dropped. A few people confirmed it, but didn't EXPLAIN how it worked.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think you both agree essentially, my last response was about imbuing intensity since the number in previously linked table is max intensity, and I don't think should values mentioned was possible if you imbued to max.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you need to read the thread again. EVERYTHING in the thread was about the OP imbuing SSI and not understanding why the HML & HLL dropped. A few people confirmed it, but didn't EXPLAIN how it worked.
My point was that you can't misuse terminology that was never used.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My point was that you can't misuse terminology that was never used.
If you think that, you must have poor English comprehension.

They REPEATEDLY used the same term for different things that are NOT the same. They were effectively discussing TWO separate things (the base number and the SSI-derived number), and using the same term for both. The WHOLE POINT of the post was BECAUSE of such confusion. The issue that HALF the terminology WASN'T being used, and the other half was being used incorrectly for half the conversation.

This would be like going into a Real-life conversation, and having a bunch of people use the word "Tree" for both a woody plant and a table leg, without going into how you turn the first into the last - and assuming that everyone new to the conversation knows that half the references to "Tree" is actually to a finished table leg.

Someone walking in cold to that conversation would have been totally confused.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
By what it seems you are making Sampire spawn weapons, firstly Id say how much SSI does your suit have? (Any SSI on ring/brace?)
Are you reaching 150 Dex? and is your Stam over 180?

Say you got 15 SSI on suit, plus the 5 SSI town buff, would make you 20 SSI, and you would be able to imbue your weapons without SSI and they get higher leeches intensity.
Even a simple Animated Tinkers legs if you got any sitting around could help you not have to inbue 25/30ssi on the weapons and achieve better leeches.