• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbueing Solution

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK so... here is my problem. I do not know everything about imbueing because I have not attempted any beta of SA.. but from what I have read it sounds like it is going to totally destroy the weapons market. My understanding is that you can make a weapon with 5 mods that will break eventually overtime, with no chance of breaking it while imbueing. This IMO would make runic weapons useless. The best runic weapon can have 5 mods and DI and I get that... but in the real world no one makes a runic weapon with 5 useful mods. Imbueing needs to be limited to THREE mods plus DI. With that amount of mods you can still make very very useful weapons and not ruined the entire top end weapon market. For example. Warfork 40 DI 30 SSI 50 Fireball 50 HLD. That weapon is sick, 3 mods, and currently worth 20-30M... that is all anyone ever really needs. And example two, Crossbow 40 DI Balanced 30 SSI 50 veloctiy.. again sick, with a chance to enhance to 40 SSI. If I am way off about imbueing please let me know.. cause I am very worried about its ability to make weapons. Jewels too less then 5 mods... not really worried about armor so much.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note that many useful properties are weighted differently: 30% SSI is a 100% mod, but imbuing weights SSI at 1.1 so it counts as 110% towards the final 500% limit of properties on an exceptional item.

To use your example:
40 DI = 80%
30 SSI = 110%
50 Fireball = 140%
50 HLD = 130%
total: 460% (so as it stands now, you could only attempt to add a small amount of one additional property and the cost in failed attempts would be very high)

Crossbow:
40 DI = 80%
Balanced = 100%
30 SSI =110%
50 veloctiy = 130%
total: 420% ... so in this case there is still room to add almost another mod (27% hit fireball for example ... although there's also a point where you chance of success drops below 0)

Standard Disclaimer: imbuing is still under review by the devs after the open beta feedback, so the stats we currently know about may not be final.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the cost to add 1,2or even 3 is not to bad but when you get to 4 and 5 its spend y plus they break ... in my opinion its going to boost crafting and the ability to market goods ...
great new addition to the game as long as they dont do something stupid like like add peerless ingredients

Big Wang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried Imbuing on open beta while it was up and its an awesome addition in my opinion. Keep it at 5 mods!! Imbuing doesnt just apply to weapons..have to consider gargoyle race can not wear hats or gloves..for instance imbuing earrings helps make up the resist/mods lost from not being able to wear gloves.

Runic hammers can not be obtained by everyone...either bc they can not acquire the bods to fill in order to get a good runic to use or they need to have mega gold in order to afford to buy it.

So imbuing opens the door to give everyone a fair chance at having an awesome weapon without having to pay out the a$$ for it or a runic tool in order to try to craft an uber weapon. All i say is ..about time!

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So mods are weighed differently.. Do you have a list or what mods are more then 100%?

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK... still concerned about jewels though... 15 taming 15 lore 25 EP 10 HCI 10 DCI is possible.. how hard would it be?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I dont have access to the abyss but here is a rough break down with 120 imbuing and a gargoyle

1st 15 taming over 100 % chance think its like 186%
2nd 15 lore close to 100 think maybe 110%
3rd 25 ep about 55%
4th 10 hci around 30 %
5th around 5 to 10%

so the first 2 mods no problem gonna cost what the materials are
3rd one will have chance to fail so going with the odds about 2x materials
4th one about 3 to 4 times materials
5th one about 15 to 20 times materials

hope this helps like i said I dont have access to SA so cant test it for sure but that should be close

Big Wang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah its the 5th mod that will be the hardest to stick at max. When i was doing jewels on open beta..the last one was always the one i had trouble sticking on there at max. Say if i wanted SDI..the max is like 12%..i had to go with 10%. I found if my success % was at least around 21-23% then i would be able to do it without failing. If i was in the range of 14-16% i would fail each time.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im getting so confused over this Imbueing, might not mean the whole world since its still under development though.
I see that Maplestone counts towards 500% total item intensity.
Anyway ive read that they changed it from 500% to 400% Is this accurate or not?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As of the open beta, an exceptional player-crafted item could be imbued up to 500% weighted intensity, with lower caps for normal crafted or store-bought.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okey how about Jewels then since they as far as i know doesnt come with any exeptional tag?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My memory is getting a little mixed up between publishes on that one, so I'm going to avoid answering. We'll know in a week or so.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My memory is getting a little mixed up between publishes on that one, so I'm going to avoid answering. We'll know in a week or so.

But... but... but...
Im building a suit for SA here, you cant do this to me Maplestone >.<

Guess i have to do some research :thumbsup:

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm relatively sure that I made a 500% piece of jewelry on the last day of open beta, but I could be mistaken.