• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbueing question

mark4583

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I tried to do some imbueing and im not sure what's going on, my skill is about 88
The item I had was at 7% physical resist, I tried to add some to it but then the number droped to about 3% but my success rate was 90+.
When I do a 3% imbue is it suppose to add to the 7% for a total of 10 or is it the overall number and changes it to 3%,
The imbue was successful , or is it just because im not at gm yet and just messed the item up?
Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried to do some imbueing and im not sure what's going on, my skill is about 88
The item I had was at 7% physical resist, I tried to add some to it but then the number droped to about 3% but my success rate was 90+.
When I do a 3% imbue is it suppose to add to the 7% for a total of 10 or is it the overall number and changes it to 3%,
The imbue was successful , or is it just because im not at gm yet and just messed the item up?
Thanks
The property value you choose overwrites the old one. 3% is the base 2% for that armor piece, plus 1% out of 15%. To get to 10% total, you choose 10% as the listed amount.

This is the reason that, when you get higher level, and start building suits, you only want to alter resists that are near their non-exceptional minimums, on otherwise exceptional pieces, and you don't craft with or enhance with special materials until after all imbuing is done, as the resists for exceptional and for material don't count toward intensity unless altered, and you will lose a lot of potential intensity you can imbue onto the item.

Last edited: