• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbued Gear for a Rogue

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What non-artifact imbued properties would best work for a rogue? I'm going to be, primarily a PvP thief that occasionally delves for items in dungeons and carries out assassinations.

Here is my build (all real skill values, no item bonus' added):
120 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
120 Fencing
100 Poisoning
80 Chivalry or Magery or Ninjitsu or Resist

Str: 100
Dex: 110
Int: 30

I'm thinking high Dex and Int bonus'. Damage Increase, Mana, HP, or Stam regen? Fill me in guys!

Thanks in advance!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgot to add: what about Enhance Potions? I'll probably get poisoned by some strong stuff on my travels, so would high EP be good for Greater Cure potions?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your last line, Ninjitsu is a must. You can't use smoke bombs without ninjitsu and it helps for a few other reasons.

I don't see any other method of healing so EP is a must as that is all you will have, Greater Heal and Greater Cure potions.

No resist spells in your template may cause you some issues.

No tactics so your damage will not be very high but I presume your fencing is mostly about NOX.

You will need to disarm to steal, this will leave you vulnerable.

You want high HP, so HP+ items on your suit is good. Mana increase will be good for your special moves. You should hit 40 LMC and 18 Hit Point Regen, stick some MR on if possible. You said imbued so adding damage eaters is out.

You will want 45 HCI and 45 DCI on your items, damage increase can't hurt but obviously you are not going for high damage.

If you are going to steal sigils in VvV towns you will need detect hidden.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Forgot to add: what about Enhance Potions? I'll probably get poisoned by some strong stuff on my travels, so would high EP be good for Greater Cure potions?
Switch snooping for detecthidden.

Snooping is worthless these days since you can't really steal much from anyone.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for the tips!
So... LMC: 40, EPs for cures and heals, HP Regen: 18

Not too concerned with HCI or DCI, but what is Detect Hidden for?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how much I can help, my thief is strictly pvm, but my suit has high HPR, so I can regain health while staying out of sight.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
thanks for the tips!
So... LMC: 40, EPs for cures and heals, HP Regen: 18

Not too concerned with HCI or DCI, but what is Detect Hidden for?
You will wanted DCI, but honestly there's not really much of a reason to build a PVP thief unless you are stealing sigils in VVV which is what the detecthidden is used to find them with.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You will also want tactics if you intend on doing armor ignores. I'd probably drop fencing and poisoning for archer and tactics + Ninjitsu.

Find a target that's below half health, try to get in 2 armor ignores before smoke bombing and back to hiding.

Hit Point Regen is necessary on Stealthers with no healing other than Enhanced Potions

For totals on your suit i'd shoot for

50 Ep
45 Hci
45 Dci
10 Ssi (Explained Later)
XX DI (Whatever you can fit left)
30 Mana Increase (More mana, more AI's, More OooOoOoo)
25 Hp increase (More health to keep you alive when you aren't hidden)
40 Lmc (55 if your stealth is high enough for studded armor)
Leftover Into HPR MR (Look for major/legendary artifacts with Mighty of Vitality + Arcane of Wizardry/mystic of sorcery, these have all the mods you need + Resists, one decent piece like this will carry your resists so you don't need to imbue resists on the rest of the pieces)

If you can get a legendary/major, can do this on the other pieces

HP 5
Mana 8
HPR 2
MR 1
LMC 8

Jewels (Should be pretty easy to get these days)

Ep 25
15 Hci
15 Dci
5 ssi
25 DI

Ep 25
15 hci
15 Dci
5 ssi
8 Dex (So with Hunters Headdress + Faction Crimson + Boots of Escaping you can hit 150 dex natural, no pots)

Composite Bow
Hit Lightning
Hit Velocity
Balanced
Ssi 40 (Enhanced to 50)

At 60 SSI total on the suit + Bow you only need 150 Stamina to swing it at 1.5s (As fast as you can get without hitting 211 stamina)

If You are In VvV Use the Primer on Arms, Hunters Headdress, Crimson Cincture, Can probably grab a quiver of Infinity and a corgul sash for cheap dci

Lastly, Use the Ninjitsu mastery for Increased Mana, and Go Elf.

If everything works out you should be able to have ~ 100++ Mana.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will wanted DCI, but honestly there's not really much of a reason to build a PVP thief unless you are stealing sigils in VVV which is what the detecthidden is used to find them with.
Nah, don't need a pvp thief for that :D My thief is built for Exodus dungeon. She has hiding/stealth/snooping/detect hidden/lockpick/stealing/magery (mostly for casting invis). I've taken her stealing sigils. If she's revealed, she dies, but if there's no one with tracking in town she does fine. :D

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Nah, don't need a pvp thief for that :D My thief is built for Exodus dungeon. She has hiding/stealth/snooping/detect hidden/lockpick/stealing/magery (mostly for casting invis). I've taken her stealing sigils. If she's revealed, she dies, but if there's no one with tracking in town she does fine. :D
True, but if he wants to PVP while doing it it may be a good idea :)