• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

{imbue/reforge question} Getting the most out of platemail

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I am reworking my sampier suit at the moment and I want to make the suit plate....

am I right in thinking that the base resists for a plate piece are as follows 5,3,2,3,2 then 20 random added for exceptional/armslore bonus.

So I am not "wasting" intensity or item weight Should I be looking for pieces where the random distributed resists all stack on 3 of the 5 resist types?? this way when I imbue resists I am no wasting the exceptional / armslore bonus?

Also for adding HCI i understand Vic/Slaughter is the option t use, whats the best hammer to use?

Finally... I am using mace and shields and also (when i finally get the beggers) Animated leggins of the insane tinker. Will i be best enhancing all with the same type of metal or should I use metal based on the resist shortfall once I have imbue??

I will check as I am going along to make sure I am hitting max resists.... I get the feeling this is going to take some time getting the base pieces but it should work out a hell of a lot cheaper than making a ton of woodland pieces and then hoping for the HCI on them.

I guess I just wanted to check my understanding of "good" base pieces.

Obviously I will get me a forged tool to enhance once I have got the reforge / imbued pieces right with the correct base/imbued resists.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
am I right in thinking that the base resists for a plate piece are as follows 5,3,2,3,2 then 20 random added for exceptional/armslore bonus.
Yes.

So I am not "wasting" intensity or item weight Should I be looking for pieces where the random distributed resists all stack on 3 of the 5 resist types?? this way when I imbue resists I am no wasting the exceptional / armslore bonus?
Yes if you are going to imbue 2 resists per a piece.

Also for adding HCI i understand Vic/Slaughter is the option t use, whats the best hammer to use?
Shadow runic with powerful reforging on.

Will i be best enhancing all with the same type of metal or should I use metal based on the resist shortfall once I have imbue??
Just compare how many resist point different metals have in resists you do not imubue on this piece. Valorite will be the best choice in the most cases.
A way to don't lose material points is to enchant after imubuying (using forged metal of artifacts).

Obviously I will get me a forged tool to enhance once I have got the reforge / imbued pieces right with the correct base/imbued resists
In this case there is no difference between Valorite, Verity and Agapite.
You get 25 + 17 + 5 * 4 = 62 in physical without enchanting so physical resists on material will be wasted (will go over 70) and all those materials have equal 9 points in other resists.

I get the feeling this is going to take some time getting the base pieces but it should work out a hell of a lot cheaper than making a ton of woodland pieces and then hoping for the HCI on them.
I suggest you to use Frostwood or Bloodwood armor. You spend the same 5 charges but will get 5 more resists from each item (20 total - this save you one imbue).

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At a minimum you want the pieces to have one property with a base resist. If you get two, that's a bonus. Just from the 5-3-2-3-2, tinker legs, and m&s glasses you are guaranteed to have 62-37-25-37-20 resists. Depending on where those exceptional + arms lore bonuses fall will determine what the pre-imbue spread is. This is where things get problematic. As a sampire, you need to hit 95 fire resist. If you were to get four pieces with 3 fire resist, you could then spend four imbues on the fire to get to 95 (three at 18, 1 at 16). If you somehow manage to get four pieces that were 5-3-x-x-x- and planned to use agapite for enhancing (2-3-2-2-2) that would add 8-12-8-8-8 to your spread. This means your exception/arms lore bonus and imbues would only need to get you +0/+46/+37/+25/+42. If you are elf you would want +47 energy. Because our theoretical pieces had all 20 added as cold/poison/energy, you would be looking at needing four fire imbues to cover the +46, and then however many imbues are necessary from cold/poison/energy to cover at a minimum 24 (29 for elf) more resist in those three.

That's all assuming you craft so many pieces that have the perfect spreads. If you're lazy (like me) you'll settle for pieces that are 6-3-x-x-x or the like.

Regarding which hammer to use, you should check out the charts posted by semmerset ([Imbuing] - Reforging. How to | Stratics Forums). To get 5HCI you will need to use at least Shadow. The downside is that you are likely to get 1 additional property applied to your item. If you are lucky, it could be a resist you otherwise would have imbued. If you're unlucky, you'll get something you don't want.

Just curious - how are you planning to get 40 LMC on this suit?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
For example, if you use frostwood you need to craft items with such exceptional points distribution to get all max with just 1 resist imube per piece:
x/x/3/5/8 - 3 items
x/7/4/6/x - 1 item
(you will need to add an earings of protection to your suit)

If you use metal armor it will take you 6 resist imbues. 4 hci + 6 resist + 4 lmc = 14. This leaves just 6 imbue mods for SI + MI + HPI.

p.s. I think it is better to add a 10 SSI ring to your suit instead of thinker legs.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For example, if you use frostwood you need to craft items with such exceptional points distribution to get all max with just 1 resist imube per piece:
x/x/3/5/8 - 3 items
x/7/4/6/x - 1 item
(you will need to add an earings of protection to your suit)

If you use metal armor it will take you 6 resist imbues. 4 hci + 6 resist + 4 lmc = 14. This leaves just 6 imbue mods for SI + MI + HPI.

p.s. I think it is better to add a 10 SSI ring to your suit instead of thinker legs.
so craft, reforge, powder, imbue, enhance..

are those base pieces u listed with or without tink legs

1 handed typing as holiding baby hehe

ty

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
so craft, reforge, powder, imbue, enhance..
yes

are those base pieces u listed with or without tink legs
4 items + tinker legs + mace&shield

p.s. Although woodland pieces are much more expensive than metal ones
ingots worth 10-15gp, bark fragments worth 400-1000gp... and you can't recycle them
oak runic is more expenisive as well

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes

4 items + tinker legs + mace&shield

p.s. Although woodland pieces are much more expensive than metal ones
ingots worth 10-15gp, bark fragments worth 400-1000gp... and you can't recycle them
oak runic is more expenisive as well
thank you, only thing i need to buy is the runics.... will try quest a few times first, got wood/bark frags.
thanks for the input... as i get pieces together i will post a pic ;)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
x/x/3/5/8 - just exceptional points, so it should be x/x/5/8/10 total (x/18/5/8/10 after imbue)

and if you manage to craft one item with very high energy resist it will be easy to craft others
for example (base+exceptional), x/x/4/7/12 + x/x/6/8/9 + x/x/5/8/9

bad thing is you can lose this item on reforge stage (if you get [4 hci] or [5 hci + something useless])

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well after crafting nearly 1000 woodland pieces I manage to get a suit together....

Arities I am using are Mace and Shields, Animated legs of the insane tinker,crimson cinc,conj garb,quiver of elements and primer on arms and damage romoval and fire resist boots (boooo)and corguls sash.

I crafted 4 final pieces, i tried and tried for perfect resists but after many hours crafting I had to settle. my final suit with the fire boots goves me the following

150 str / 150 dex / 10 int
150hp / 183 stm / 63 mana
45 DCI
45 HCI
100% damage increase

70 phs
70 fire (69 without boots)
70 cold
70 pois
72 energy

10%ssi

I am going to try reworking one of the pieces to get the resists were I want them then I can add in the INT boost boots to pump mana up a little, also I may add in a DCI mana phasing orb and drop the conj garb and replace with a shrowd of the condemned to increase intel a little further.

All in all its still a kick butt suit even though its not exactly how I wanted it!

I am going to plug away at the carp quests to get more runics and may play the RNG lotto and try for some super pieces using reforging but as it stands I cant think of any way (with imbue and small reforge at least) how I could get the suit better!

all in all the total time spent crafting to get the pieces and messing around imbuing / reforging took me 7 hours. a long time for sure but worth it for the end result.

I know some of you are thinking What! no LMC but seriously.... with mana leech on my wep and the damage this guy is kicking out I have had no trouble staying at full mana.

did a test against unbound EV's and I was able to chain AI's back to back for the whole fight. I only missed 2 swings and killed the beast in around 2min 30 sec....

I then went to rat spawn with the following template.

120 swords
120 archery
120 bushido
120 tactics
120 chiv
100 necro
20 anat

I was using a regular double axe with HML/Hit fire area/HSL and SSI / DI (swapped to vermin slayer tali)

once the serps and rat archers spawned I stayed near the top of the bridge and drew them over a few at a time then ran into the group and WW them to death... once they were clear I honor barracoon, switch to my comp bow and nailed him, when he spawned rats I changed to double axe and WW them in 1 strike.

The suit was excellent and I never had to chug a pot or even cast CW.

very happy with the end result!

I will try get some pics on tonight.