• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Im Trying to BUild a Guild

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm Trying to BUild a Guild and I have a new toon I need to induct. which isn't easy btw. Any one like to lend me a hand for a few mins that isn't guilded. I need to induct my last toon.

And seeing I am here anyone that would like to help me build a small group that doesn't have any toons in a guild that would like to help a straight normal adult active honest Guild ...ugh ...let me know..:popcorn:

D

Draken-Korin

Zane if I recall you are a returning vet, either that or I knew another with same name. Anyways, I would like to suggest that there be a bit more to your post than simply, "Im building a guild join me". I enjoy seeing other guilds come onto the radar screen, rather than large ones just getting larger. That is why the one I am a part of is so picky with who they take on... the process of taking on new members that have worked hard to get to that point.

Create an idea, a reason for being for your guild that goes beyond We are a Guild of Mature people. Something eye catching that shows others there was some time put into the whole setup.

Much like life, nothing in Sosaria is going to last without a well thought out and built upon foundation. Throwing together a group of people with nothing more than the idea of just well, throwing it together, is doomed for failure. Many guilds rocket to the top half of the membership rankings and then collapse/disband under its own weight (for various reasons).

Guilds built in haste will last for but a moment, guilds that have been built with time and purpose are the ones that endure.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, I have the ability and the knowledge but your right; it was a half hearted attempt... Honestly I simple don't have the resources and time to run a guild correctly.. so I would have to shoe string it together. Some times I type what im thinking..:bored:

I simple don't trust most of you's anyways..lol I jest somewhat...

Just finding kewl, normal people to hang with in game is all I'm really interested in mostly anyways.. ya know¿

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im a returning player
its been a longgggg time
i would be down to group up

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
polanco
only has one post and just join'd; not so sure... I need to be convinced :talktothehand:

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zane... Welcome.. (Howdy)...

Most folks know me as "the town drunk" of Haven... I'm one of the many that spend time in New Haven helping new folks get started on Atlantic...

There are a lot of returning players and folks coming over to Atlantic from other shards, that are always looking for a good guild to join... wanting to find a family of sort here on Atlantic.. my suggestion is to come to New Haven and recruit the returning players/crossovers to join ya guild .. you'd be surpise how quickly ya guild would grow...

C

Calat

Haven isnt any place to start anything .After a night of trying to add people to our guild myself and my husband decided to end our UO accounts all together.I have been in many verbal arguments with people on UO but none was as bad as this night. It got me wondering who are these people who are playing now... One statement was "The US Military are goons', my father slept with my wh*** mother and they had me. I could go on and on.All this started because someone who sits in Haven like a bird on a perch waiting for young char to add to his many guilds didnt like our guild tag. This person dont think you got away with anything because after I sell off my items sell my gold I am going to call you out ,you ended my game now I will end your games.:pie:

D

Draken-Korin

So Calat after one night of trying to build your "guild in a can" you and your husband decide to leave Sosaria due people saying rude things? WOW. Probably better off in the long run the two of you were unable to get a guild going.

Haven is a fine spot to start, or restart, your Sosarian adventure in many ways. Id like to suggest you both maybe join another well run guild, but then Im fairly certain you wouldnt last with the drama you both would bring to it.

People are going to say alot of things like that in both sosaria and life. You both need to toughen up.

C

Calat

"guild in a can" is right a trash can. I pay to play a game to relax .Drama I dont need the whole thing started because the bird on a perch didnt like my guild tag, you in a upper post told someone how they should post there message. When the game consist of 50 people and 10 think they need to run it the way they think it should be run is UO problem. Tough I am tough call my daughter a military wh***in real life and see what happens. I dont need to pay for a bunch of cowards behind a keyboard calling her one.

D

Draken-Korin

Im glad after years of asking for this info you finally answered many peoples question, and you heard it here first, "50 REAL PEOPLE PLAY UO". So I guess the rest are alts, who knew? Ill leave you with this age old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones...." you can finish the rest I'd hope.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"guild in a can" is right a trash can. I pay to play a game to relax .Drama I dont need the whole thing started because the bird on a perch didnt like my guild tag, you in a upper post told someone how they should post there message. When the game consist of 50 people and 10 think they need to run it the way they think it should be run is UO problem. Tough I am tough call my daughter a military wh***in real life and see what happens. I dont need to pay for a bunch of cowards behind a keyboard calling her one.
Transparency is the problem with guilds. imho a player is in for a penny they r all in for a pound. Own ur tag from the root player. No moonlighting. Everyone should pledge regardless of the age/status/or bling*. They will balk when it threatens them. Yeah I know the anonymous, anonymity is a nice part of the game but its now a must to shed that if you want to be a part of a core group. You have to pledge because one can only hold there breath for so long. You are what you think about and what goes into the heart come out ones mouth. Always true!

im on my 6th account after quitting.. Id stay gone for a year looking for a replacment and never finding anything that would hold my attention like uo has..:rant2:

GL Calat

edit: people are very unstable products and can turn coat on anyone in a heartbeat never under estimate this as it can make you scratch your head as you wonder why people do what they do..

edit2: There are more than 50 i know ur being facetious... but i belive it closer to 200 to 300 core account players or more on this shard.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zane... Welcome.. (Howdy)...

Most folks know me as "the town drunk" of Haven... I'm one of the many that spend time in New Haven helping new folks get started on Atlantic...

There are a lot of returning players and folks coming over to Atlantic from other shards, that are always looking for a good guild to join... wanting to find a family of sort here on Atlantic.. my suggestion is to come to New Haven and recruit the returning players/crossovers to join ya guild .. you'd be surpise how quickly ya guild would grow...
I am catching up on my post while the server is down. I know you Town Drunk. I think I have visited your vendors a few times, worn you items too I believe. Thnx for the reply, I have moved on as my a.d.d / ocd has forced me to keep moving or I lose focus. Guild Business has been place on the back burner sorta speak. Learning a new group of friends and trying to lvl up my rest of my toons. Aye, groups/clicks/family/guild are like puzzle pieces .. some fit in some don't... so I have to keep poking around because I'm like the piece in the middle of a puzzle. lol :mf_prop:
p.s growing fast is bad model for guilds...unless you like chaos..:stir:

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zane, a catchy guild name helps. Like:
ZANY / Zany And Nude Yeomen
:D Just trying to help.