• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm Sorry Stratics, but WTF!

S

Soren

I have read the FAQ's and they didn't adress my questions..

so..

What has happened to UO Stratics? You used to be able to come here, select a trade (as in skill or occupation) and read some good information on the "how to" of building that character. Now it seems to be a jumbled mess of all kinds of other games and nothing is updated.. Heck I'm seeing posts on the "Britanina Order of Woodworkers" or BOW that's been there since I started playing!! Warnhack quit plaiying UO several years ago and his posts are still active!

Does anyone know a useful website that I could go to and actually get some useful information on Ultima Online that's up to date and maintained, besides the EA or UO.COM sites?

Also, does anyone know if another mapping utility (legal) is available such as UO Automap.. I guess the guy quit programming it.

Lastly, there used to be a good tinkering essay on expl. traps, but I can't even get to that forum and I doubt it's still here. Does anyone recollect the essay I'm talking about and if Its still accessible?

Thanks for any response ahead of time.

Soren of LS

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Soren,

Long story short... Stratics had a catastrophic crash, and is in a process of recovery & rebuilding. Restoration is happening, just in steps. It's getting there.

The forum data is coming back soon and the info will be available when it is all converted to the new forum.

Check the UHall board for now, about others using UOAM.

UO Stratics of course, still has lots of info. UOForums is excellent. UOGuide is a great UO-based wiki. And still lots of other sites out there... nearly all of them listed in the UO Toolbar.

Hope that helps.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Hi Soren,

Long story short... Stratics had a catastrophic crash, and is in a process of recovery & rebuilding. Restoration is happening, just in steps. It's getting there.

The forum data is coming back soon and the info will be available when it is all converted to the new forum.

Check the UHall board for now, about others using UOAM.

UO Stratics of course, still has lots of info. UOForums is excellent. UOGuide is a great UO-based wiki. And still lots of other sites out there... nearly all of them listed in the UO Toolbar.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, Nok ... good references too!

Soren? To expand a bit ... ALL Stratics forums were catastrophically nailed. That's UO, Eve, Lineage, EQ and the rest. Forensic recovery (ala getting Challenger data) was the only way to get it back and that took quite a while.

Things are being slowly and carefully rebuilt ... just the forum front page has 4 times the stuff in the list as a month or so ago. User accounts (and PMs) plus all forum materials are being integrated as fast as possible into this new design.

C

Conrad

Does anyone know a useful website that I could go to and actually get some useful information on Ultima Online that's up to date and maintained, besides the EA or UO.COM sites?

Soren of LS
Well, if your interested in Frenzied Ostards, I got ya covered!

Ostards!

Amazingly, all the information is still up to date!

Now.......if I can only remember the password for the site......

C

ChromaticDevil

uo.stratics seems like a cancelled television show, the guides and essays stop even before samurai empire... think we could get some up-to-date stuff on the front page, or is everything up to uoguide.com and uoforums.com now?

T

T_Amon_from_work

Gee, do you think perhaps some players might like to volunteer to do writeups for new stuff? That is how all the info that is on Stratics came to be. Submission guidelines are available to help you.

Oh wait ... it has been made clear to me through the years that in the main, the playerbase would prefer things handed to them instead of working for them. Not you necessarily, but perhaps that's why no seriously current stuff is available. Folks waiting for someone else to do it for them. <shrug>

C

ChromaticDevil

Obviously all that enthusiasm died a long time ago.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously all that enthusiasm died a long time ago.
Mayhap if some people worried more about helping the Community instead of degrading it, the enthusiasm to help the Community by contributing would not have diminished.

Travel here to learn how one may help add to the Community Driven content.