• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm Not Your Puppet

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happened again......

Aulbrey awoke from a deep sleep, sweat pouring down her brow. She reached over for her flask with shaking hands.

“It's not real you idiot” she thought to herself as she sat fully awake in her bed.

She could still smell the strong scent of death, the thick black smoke across the battle field. This same dream haunted her every night since she that fated day she left him behind. At first it was confusing to her, now she began to understand, she knew it was just her minds way of dealing with her decision.

Knowing that she couldn't go back to sleep aulbrey walked her garden to reflect on her world. A few minutes passed when the reminder of that voice invaded her thoughts again. Nervously she looked around as she sat next to the pond.

“did they really know everything?”

“can i even survive this?”

Aulbrey sat staring at her reflection in the water, the figure staring back was a stranger to her. She slowly set the flask down. She began rambling to herself

“There must be someone, someone who I can trust to believe me. I left him behind once, I thought it was over”

turning towards the sea Aulbrey thought to herself, "its never gonna be over will it. They will keep returning, they will keep demanding and like the fool I am I will keep following the same path." Aulbrey pushed herself up to her feet.

“NO MORE!” she shouted as she shook her fist to the sky

“IM NOT YOUR PUPPET” she screamed as she threw the flask over the roof and into the water.