• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm Confused about Shadowlords

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accepted Andrew's glass dagger on one of my characters which I guess made me align with the Shadowlords. Do I have to go to the Shadowlords guildstone and actually join the faction or am I already set for the event by accepting this dagger? Is this event being held partially or wholly in Fel?

R

RichDC

Yes you will have to join and from what i heard the glass dagger is actually "good" and the shadowlords will recieve an evil version.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accepted Andrew's glass dagger on one of my characters which I guess made me align with the Shadowlords. Do I have to go to the Shadowlords guildstone and actually join the faction or am I already set for the event by accepting this dagger? Is this event being held partially or wholly in Fel?
Per the announcement, you will have to join the Faction.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you will have to join and from what i heard the glass dagger is actually "good" and the shadowlords will recieve an evil version.

Umm....What? Where did you hear this? The Andrew event suggested rather plainly and non-subtly that accepting the dagger meant signing up with the Shadowlords.

-Galen's player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The glass daggers have already been used.

Are you telling me you "took" a dagger and then failed to show up at the appointed time to assassinate the counsel?!

We know who you are, where you live, who your friends are...
and we don't take disloyalty lightly.

(I'd really like to know more about our card readings since this stuff "seems" to be coming into play)

R

RichDC

Umm....What? Where did you hear this? The Andrew event suggested rather plainly and non-subtly that accepting the dagger meant signing up with the Shadowlords.

-Galen's player
Sorry my memory is shot i barely remember waht andrew said.

I misinterpreted this post...dont know how but i did :

Draconi_EA
UO Lead Designer

Posts: 343 Re: Should we have to join a specific faction to partake in an event?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this mentioned back during the
Moonglow event? When we went in the hole and chose sides. I seem
to recall that we would choose between Shadowlords or ??. The
event when we got the glass daggers. Or is that something totally
different and I am just senile

You not only remember correctly, but this event will use a darker version of the glass daggers Andrew previously endowed the faithful with.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry my memory is shot i barely remember waht andrew said.

I misinterpreted this post...dont know how but i did :

Draconi_EA
UO Lead Designer

Posts: 343 Re: Should we have to join a specific faction to partake in an event?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this mentioned back during the
Moonglow event? When we went in the hole and chose sides. I seem
to recall that we would choose between Shadowlords or ??. The
event when we got the glass daggers. Or is that something totally
different and I am just senile

You not only remember correctly, but this event will use a darker version of the glass daggers Andrew previously endowed the faithful with.
From the context....Well, "the faithful" still appears to those who follow the Shadowlords.

So the daggers you will get this weekend also will represent being among "the faithful," but they will be "darker." Whether this means yet-more-threatening or yet-more-dangerous, or just maybe physically darker!!, we don't yet know. But, at least for my part, nothing about that post leads me to believe that getting the Glass Dagger didn't symbolize allying one's self with the SLs. Whether or not there is some kind of consequence for this remains to be seen, however.

-Galen's player

R

RichDC

Yea as i said i mis read it, Draconi says in the first line you are correct (meaning that if you got a dagger you alligned with the shadowlords).

Im gna assume, that the Alliegence is similar to the COM/TB factions...They both serve good but neither are allies...if that makes sense.

So Even though there both aligned the same way they arent allies...wheras SL is the Servants of the shadowlords in sosaria (directly allied)