• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I'm a noob with macros, I guess

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always when i would create a new char, or move character to another shard, to keep from having to remake all the macros I have used for years, I would open the folders and just drag a copy of the macros2d into the new chars folder.
Done that today, and no macros that work? Is there something here I missed? Ideas, anyone?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the file you copied the macros into have the same name as the character?
And are you looking in the Desktop folder under My Documents or through the game folder?

Because the My Documents is where the macros are being used now.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
reckon i missed that announcement...Thanks!

*runs off in search of documents*

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alternatively, you could just copy the macro files into the root of your game install. They'll then be used automatically for any new characters you create.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alternatively, you could just copy the macro files into the root of your game install. They'll then be used automatically for any new characters you create.
Aye, this is very useful when you create new chars.