• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Im a little upset !

• Thread starter Mrs. Wascally Wabbit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Mrs. Wascally Wabbit

I was playing this morning a little bit before noon, and needed a ride to river. I noticed some of my stractics buddies were on so I tped to one of them. When I got there I discovered they were using doodle trainer, and training there doodle. I thought well that is alright I won't report them for it, but I was then told to go away and please don't bother me five times. I thought this was very mean, and it hurt my feelings very much, but i don't know if reporting this toon is a good thing to do since it is a stractics buddy. I really don't want to have this person banned from the game, but if you are using something like that please let the other person know, and ask them nicely not to report. Please don't tell people to go away, and please don't bother me. That hurts feelings. :( Mrs. Wascally Wabbit

S

Squeaker

I'm sorry I wasn't much more help this morning but I have very little experience in the protocol. My opinion, I would explain it to this person and be wary of them or even remove them from my friend's list. We're here to have fun, there's enough grief in all of our lives. We don't need hurt feelings in a place that we come to enjoy ourselves.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I don't have a problem with the doodle trainer istelf or the use there of. I realize that Stratics Itself does not condone the use of it. But if a friend of mine is using it they are usually either nice enough to do it when there is less toons online. They are also polite enough to NOT say Please go away and dont bother me. That is rude.

I would definately let this person know how RUDE they were and that They should think about being more polite because as you said you now have the power to have them banned.

But this is just my opinion.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this thread needs a few RoC reminders.

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

H. Posting details of bugs and exploits in such a way that others are able to perform said bug or exploit is prohibited. In addition, documented involvement in activities that prove to be malicious and/or illegal in nature as it concerns the gaming industry as a whole will lead to immediate and permanent banning from the forums.

L

Little Sadie

First off I would tell them what I think of their rudeness. I would then take them off my list. I would never report someone for using such a thing. I've never used it but there are many on this very board that have. I don't get the whole tattle tale thing that goes along for the report button. I hate that button! Delete this person as they are no friend.

Just wanted to add something. Are you sure it was for doodles and not that other thing that can happen. I noticed at the dreamlans beanfest and other places where toons repeat the same phrases over and over. Some are pretty catchy! My personal favorite was a toon saying over and over again I like your shorts. Lets use drop! That was actually a pig at a Stratics meet doing that while waiting for a group to come out. So this person you tped to might have had that going on instead of the doodle thing.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

First off I would tell them what I think of their rudeness. I would then take them off my list. I would never report someone for using such a thing. I've never used it but there are many on this very board that have. I don't get the whole tattle tale thing that goes along for the report button. I hate that button! Delete this person as they are no friend.

Just wanted to add something. Are you sure it was for doodles and not that other thing that can happen. I noticed at the dreamlans beanfest and other places where toons repeat the same phrases over and over. Some are pretty catchy! My personal favorite was a toon saying over and over again I like your shorts. Lets use drop! That was actually a pig at a Stratics meet doing that while waiting for a group to come out. So this person you tped to might have had that going on instead of the doodle thing.
If I remember right, using macros or anything to take advantage of the game is against the TOS. So be it using a doodle trainer, or using some other thing to not be at there computer but train there doodle, I would report them in a heartbeat.

However, they were sitting at the computer to tell you to go away and not bother them? How then do you know they were using the doodle trainer?

With friends like these, who needs enemies? I would delete em.

L

Little Sadie

If I remember right, using macros or anything to take advantage of the game is against the TOS. So be it using a doodle trainer, or using some other thing to not be at there computer but train there doodle, I would report them in a heartbeat.

However, they were sitting at the computer to tell you to go away and not bother them? How then do you know they were using the doodle trainer?

With friends like these, who needs enemies? I would delete em.
I understand it is against TT rules but I am not the TT police. TT is too lazy to police everyone so they leave it up to their members. I'm not big into tattling. If I did, probably 25%or higher of Stratics members would be banned for using a doodle trainer or a program for staying awake. I can't tell you how many friends I have tped to only to see them using that program. Like I said, I don't train my doodles. Useless pets are they! I am too chicken to do something that I might be caught doing. LOL! I will not report someone for doing something like this that hurts no one but themselves if caught.

M

Mrs. Wascally Wabbit

its ok everyone the toon pmed me and its cool, and im sorry too. Won't do this again. :(

Z

ZippyW

While I wouldn't report it, I consider it cheating, and I don't knowingly play with people who are willing to cheat to get ahead, because if they cheat at that, they'll cheat at something else. I'd delete them and consider myself better off to find out that way, rather than be surprised somewhere else. JMO.

If that wasn't the case, I'm glad you settled things with your friend.

L

Little Sadie

Cheaters.
Well I hate to call them that. Especially as some are long time Stratics members. Don't think they would care too much if I called them that! I just think they prefer doing things a little different which is alright with me. Now don't get me started on stuff that affects others like cheaters in racing. That I don't agree with at all but I don't know anyone that does that. My friends that use the doodle or fishing thing don't bother me. To each his own. I'll forever need 3 fish and have pathetic doodles and that's ok with me too.

S

soupandquackers

Doodles dont get you laff or make you better so its not cheating, more like TT enhancments. I will always have 1 fish and never max racing because i cant seem to find a good group of toons.

L

Little Sadie

Doodles dont get you laff or make you better so its not cheating, more like TT enhancments. I will always have 1 fish and never max racing because i cant seem to find a good group of toons.
"Toontown Enhancements". LOL! I like that term.

F

Flippers

Well I hate to call them that. Especially as some are long time Stratics members.
I dont discriminate, and it is a shame when friends cheat.

Some have been around longer than me, so why is Schnookie 2/3 maxed in less than a year from regular use? I dont think it's fair, and I got banned 3 days because Toontown didnt think it was fair while my friends at the time used their cheating doodle program. They gave me back the days of course for that injustice, but I will never look at cheater progs and the people who use them the same way again.

The extent of my cheating is flower combos from my maxed toons. And that doesn't involve flooding chat and taxing the servers OR torturing virtual animals. We are always judged on how we treat others no matter the nature of their substance; this is the basis of my online persona in fact.

If someone cant handle something made easy enought for kids... rolleyes: rolleyes: rolleyes: you disrespect every sincere player who maxed their doodle's trick or tricks honestly and without installing anything.

And Soup? Remember you dropped me from racing not the other way around. I dont believe I did anything to warrant not being considered a good racing partner, and I never got MY trophy out of the deal alas.

Z

ZippyW

The extent of my cheating is flower combos from my maxed toons.
The difference between learning the flower combos and the other (and now I learn that there is one for fishing also? Sheesh!) is that once you know the flower combo, you are still doing the work yourself with planting, watering, digging them up. You are on the computer yourself, which takes a long time.

With those programs, you are not at your computer doing the work, but you take credit for it anyway. Might as well go ahead and make a program that will throw your gags for you too and be done with it.
JMO.

Oh, and I don't care WHAT group you are playing for. It sure wouldn't apply that a random who does this is cheating, but because you are a Stratics member, you aren't!!! Good grief!

L

Little Sadie

I never said Stratics members are excluded. I just said that many here do indeed use such programs. I don't care if you are a member or a random. It still doesn't bother me when someone does this. It has no affect on me and I'm certainly not into tattling.

As far as using the bean combos, sorry but that is cheating too if you didn't go through the long, long process of figuring the combos out yourself. You just saved yourself hours of being on the computer figuring those babies out. That in itself takes longer then the actual planting of said garden. There were people that tried for a long time to figure out those combos. Took hours and hours to do so. If anyone uses their work to save themselves time it's the same thing as using a doodle trainer. So I guess it's ok to use some things that quicken your pace on TT but not others. That's funny.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

While I think I understand what you are saying, I totally disagree with you. The flower combos are available on many different sites for everyone to use. The doodle trainer is available on one site for people with a limited amount of cash to use. Using a third party program to gain an advantage in the game is wrong.

L

Little Sadie

The only reason the flower combos are out there is because the people that worked hard to find these combos let everyone know. That sounds like a third party to me! It wasn't you that figured them out now was it? It doesn't mean anyone has to use them either. Don't remember anyones arm getting twisted. If they didn't want to cheat at it they would figure it out themselves. Spend those hours upon hours trying every bean combo out there. After all, if someone can't handle something actually made for kids, got that from Flippers himself, why play it?

You mentioned that you had to pay for the third party program and you didn't have to pay for the bean combo. If it the doodle program were out there for free then I guess that is ok with you?

My point is that there are plenty of ways to "cheat" at TT as some like to put it. You can't pick and chose what you feel is right and call everyone else wrong. Either you are a cheat or you're not. There is not a "kind of cheater". If you use the flower combos someone else worked hard to figure out then guess what. You are a cheat! I know I used them. I guess that makes me a cheat and I really couldn't care less. I haven't used the doodle or fishing thing and won't. That is my perogative though but wouldn't consider myself anymore of a cheat then I already am if I ever did use it.
Sincerely,
Terri-cheater of TT

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a third party program, which is against Toontown's Terms of Service to use, and therefore against the Rules of Conduct here to discuss any further than that.

F

Flippers

:drama:

But seriously folks...

A lot of people worked together on test to find the combinations. It was very exciting. They were each assigned a series of combos on excel and there were many beanfests held to fund them (wrong combo loses the beans). Those of us who did not have a test account donated beans on open in gratitude. I remember fondly a post by someone who had been following the excel sheet when suddenly the toon started digging. She was ecstatic over that moment.

I suppose in that instance we were employing teamwork, a major theme of the game. It would be hard to believe working together would not have been the goal if those combinations were required. Imagine someone alone trying to get beyond three bean combos within a reasonable amount of time.

G

Granjell

You know - as hard as some of these tasks can get - gardening, doodle training, etc. - It's amazing that some people still say Toontown is a KIDS game. I know my kids would never spend 6 hours, let alone 600 hours, at anything. They prefer to run the streets or decorate their house. While there are "kid" aspects to this game, it's just as much for mature players as a lot of other games out there.

We all get help from more seasoned players in one way or another. Hopefully we recognize them and thank them for the assistance. Personally, I think whatever doesn't hurt other toons is a player's own business. But using a glitch or add-on to get your name on a leaderboard or somehow cheat other toons out of points, etc. is pure poor sportsmanship. THAT's what should be reported whenever it's witnessed.

L

Little Sadie

Flippers, just wanted to add that the people that figured out those combos deserve a big thanks from me and everyone else that used their info to make TT a little easier. Well, a lot easier in my case. I had trouble figuring out the one bean combos before finding out that the prettier color beans weren't giving me flowers. By the time I got to the two beans combos I thought I would pull my hair out. It wasn't til finding a board that had the answers and therefore the cheat sheet did I ever think I had a chance of maxing gardening. When I found that info I thought I had found the Holy Grail. I was so happy that someone had gone through all that trouble and do something I had no patience to do! To that I say Thank you for the bean combos and also those great 7 laff points I got which is 7 more laff then you get when you max your doodle the cheating way! Seriously, agreeing with Granjell, I have no idea what kid has the time or patience to max a doodle, try on their own to catch those last fish, or even to figure out that 9 bean combo.

F

Flippers

Oh yes Sadie - Mortimer Mouse et al.

Granjell, Toontown is not a Kid's game. It's a game for everyone and goes out of its way to make it playable for kids. The fact is what you said: the little ones like to see mickey and donald and run around in the streets of 'Central - and that's okay.

I've posted in TTC about the obsession with numbers in a place which offers an infinite number of activities and incentives. If I was obsessed with just the numbers then I couldnt have a toon just for fishing. I also wouldnt enjoy it here. But some people have racing toons etc, and some come on just to chat with friends in a pleasant environment. If you used the estate just for hanging out that would be fine too :)

Z

ZippyW

Well, my opinion on the cheating hasn't changed one bit, is all I have to say about that.

And if someone really believes that this is a kid's game, then they shouldn't get mad when someone does something "stupid" or feel proud that they are a great player on what they consider a child's game.

Just my opinion.

L

Little Sadie

No one has said it's a kid's game. Well, Flippers did say that but I think he was being sarcastic because he then said in another post it isn't a kids game. I personally don't think a kid could stick with it to get a maxed toon in everything unless that kid has a lot of time on his hands. While I don't think the game is difficult, it is a huge time waster. Anyone that has the time can max a toon. Seems more adults have more time then kids. I don't think there is anything to brag about having a maxed toon. Just shows that person put more time and effort in then someone that didn't for whatever reason. In other words, that person wasted a lot more time at the computer! LOL!

I don't think anyone should get mad anyway on someone doing something stupid by accident. Now griefers are a different thread all together!