• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you win the gargoyle, or human, Abyss plot, what will you do with it?

What will you do if you win the Abyss house plot deed?

• Sell the deed

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Keep it private, make it my own place (or for me and my friends)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Turn it into a shop/outpost to benefit the community

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Turn it into a shop/outpost for maximum profits

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
T

Trevelyan

Im interested in what people will turn it into if they win. Personally I would strive to make it as publically helpful as possible by selling bandages, bags of sending, have an ankh of sacrifice, sell those sapling seeds, arrows.. decorate it tastefully, friend people to insta log, have a soulforge and forge/anvil for people to get reps as well as logging in as my crafter to repair things for people.

Essentially, never having to leave! Oh and of course, make it public so that people can freely mark runes!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I would sell the deed, I can't really afford to hold it sadly!

Perhaps give it to a friend, Not 100% sure yet as I really doubt I'll get it *grin* I've only done the quest on a couple characters.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it had grandfathered my house, I would have kept it and made it into a military outpost themed shop.... I'd insist rented vendors there were dressed as if they were defending said outpost, and then use the left over space for storage.

However, it doesn't, you have to sacrifice your current house to keep it; and as I am determined to stay in Yew, where Aron started in Ultima IV way back in 1989, I shall sell the house, and use it to buy the few rares I want, and perhaps an 18x18 near Yew if I can persuade anyone to move out.

So I voted "Sell the Deed"... although my understanding is that the house and the ticket are separate? That is, you win a competition ticket as soon as you trigger the succesful quest completion, and then a member of Mythic staff grants you the house, but even if you sell the house, you can keep the ticket as a memento?

In which case it gets trickier, as I won't want to even temporarily hold the house if it condemns my old one. So a few questions for whoever I talk to officially first, if I am at that lucky! Now... everyone after me, post that you want to BUY the house... because so far, I've not heard anyone who actually does want to do so, and I neeeeed buyers :p

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would sell the ticket, then the buyer would get the house, So you would never get the house and it wouldn't condemn your current house.

I don't think you'll get to keep the ticket if you sell it, the buyer will.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

i choosed "Turn it into a shop/outpost to benefit the community".

its smaller as my keep, but have a decent location, so it will be perfect for my museum.

maybe i build up crafterroom too, so everyone can repair his stuff.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you'll get to keep the ticket if you sell it, the buyer will.
Was a post by Mark_Mythic in the UHall 'Ranger of the Abyss' thread,

"If you win, Mesanna will transfer ownership to the house to you (or whoever you sell the winning ticket to). Mesanna will give the winning ticket back to you as a keepsake (after she cancels it, of course)."

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
make it open to the public with a private ankh of sacrifice;)

no walls no chairs no tables, no anything, i dont want you there!

lol, seriously though, it will become the HQ of the guild i am in

public, and a place to safely log

possibly vendors for regs bandies etc

maybe even forges soulforge etc to try and get the community feel back to europa, be great to see more peeps here than luna:)

and a public res point:)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted turn into an outpost.

I would place a free to use house telepoter from my shop in luna for the express ride to the Abyss!

I would deco like a little garden haven and have a couple of vendors selling bandies and ammo etc..and of course a free to use res point!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a post by Mark_Mythic in the UHall 'Ranger of the Abyss' thread,

"If you win, Mesanna will transfer ownership to the house to you (or whoever you sell the winning ticket to). Mesanna will give the winning ticket back to you as a keepsake (after she cancels it, of course)."
I did read that but I wasn't 100% clear on who actually gets the golden ticket at the end if you transfer your house to someone else, I guess we'll find out in a few days maybe.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's how I read it too, natch. My understanding is that it's a "ticket" not a House Deed you get upon quest completion, and the actual placing is done by Mesanna.... Of course, anyone can claim they won the house and say "give it to my mate!" so I'm assuming the ticket is expected to be in your back pack when Messana arrives, presumably also the person you wish to sell it too is there as well; you say "give it to him", she takes the ticket, places the house and gives ownership to him, gives you back the ticket...

But as you say... we shall see!

T

taglol

Would customize it entirely out of waterfalls, as ugly as possible!

No but seriously though, I'd sell it.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, to keep all noticed, have just won the garg plot of abyss.

I wont sell it, (unless i talk with the em and dont like the rules, dont know anything about the house, if its customice, grandfathered, ... anything) so dont make any offer for now.

I will make it public, with all useful things any person would need at abyss, and hope will benefits the community.

Ill make a teleport connection from my Luna shop to abyss house, so everybody can use it.

Well after i place it, perhaps i would like some help about decoing it :p

Well thats all, now only have to w8 to see who will win the human plot and what will do with it.

K

Kiminality

*Would have folded the ticket into a hat, and worn it with pride*