• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If you forwarded me your account info because you got blocked, READ THIS

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for looking into this for us. It is sure a big shock when you go to log on and see that your account is blocked. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

C

Chinalilly

Mr. Tact. Can you please see what you can do about getting the number that us Canadiens need to call, added to the uo.com web site? Neither of those numbers you list there are for Canada. We seem to have our own special number to use. It's:

In Canada, call:
1-512-434-4358

D

Deadly Breakfast

Mr Tact...

Will the people answering the phones actually be able to understand and speak english good enough to solve my problem rather then referring me to a web site or blowing me off like they seem to be in the habit of doing?

D

Dern_Ironskull

<blockquote><hr>

Finally, for those who suspect that this is a secret plot to rob you of your grandfathered housing status . . . it's really not. We barely have time to do our ACTUAL jobs, let alone sit around hashing up evil conspiracies :)

<hr></blockquote>

But you are taking a few days off, right?
hmmm..... so you WILL have the time.....

*goes to camp grandfathered houses*
*runs*

G

Grommit

MrTact must be going on a vacation with Saddam! They're plotting to get rid of everybody's houses!!!

*waves to Tact as he's whisked away in a black helicopter*

C

Cypress[blessed]

I'm not one to correct others English errors but I found it funny that while in a post about others speaking English unclearly, you used the word 'good' instead of the proper 'well'.

Also, it's really nice to see that this got checked so quickly and I hope that the conspiracy theorists are gone now /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif .

B

bug

yeah Grommit....you have stumbled upon the secret conspiracy........... as soon as all those grandfathered houses drop.....Sadam will swoop in and take control, set up the BATH party and become the new evil dictator of Sosaria..........LOL!

we am control all your grandfathered houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

MerlynDavis

The "Ask a Question" doesn't work. I've been waiting a week for a response now on why my account has been blocked twice in two months. Both times in the "Account Management" website, I get the message "No reason given" for the suspension.

G

First I want to thank you all for sending me that stuff so quickly. I apologize, but I will NOT be replying privately to the 50 or so PMs I got. I have just finished forwarding your information to the team that handles the billing software, so hopefully that will help them research the issue.

For those of you who are still experiencing problems, I would like to point out that neither I nor they are going to fix your account. You still need to contact member services. Here's how to do so:

<blockquote><hr>

UO Account Support may be reached by dialing 866-543-5435 (or 512-434-6740 if dialing internationally) and choosing option 2 and option 1. You may also email the UO Account Support Department by choosing the option to "Ask A Question" at eamembers.custhelp.com.

<hr></blockquote>
("Ask a Question" is one of the tabs at the top of that page, btw. It eluded me for a few moments!)

If you just want to reactivate your account, this may help you: How to reactivate your Ultima Online account. Many people seem to have solved the problem by re-entering the same credit card information.

Those of you who experienced problems such as double billing also need to contact customer support.

I'm not sure about the buddy program issue (for those people who needed to remain active for 90 days &amp; got interrupted), but I will look into it.

For those who are concerned about the service interruption affecting their account age or credit rating, it should not impact them at all. Account age is counted by adding up the total number of months we have billed you. And I don't believe we even do credit reporting (since we just turn your account off if we can't bill you).

Finally, for those who suspect that this is a secret plot to rob you of your grandfathered housing status . . . it's really not. We barely have time to do our ACTUAL jobs, let alone sit around hashing up evil conspiracies :)

M

Moradin of LS

Thanks for the response. I have to contact 2 of my guild members also they were blocked this year too.

E

EggRoll-[TB]

This happened to both my accounts about a week or more ago. I fixed it simply by changing CC.[I might have just reused same card, memory is getting foggy in old age [late 20s]

I

imported_Grayshadow

Thank you again, Tact-master. Have a good vacation or whatever, and leave the conspiracy alone - they're watching you....

C

Changeling

In all seriousness, your corporation's billing operation is not the kind of thing that inspires much confidence in something like "Phase III", where people's houses will be on the line. Your company "forgot" to bill me for one account last month. It may catch up next month, or you may block my account for non-payment, or...who knows? One gets the feeling that the Marx brothers retired to your billing department.

G

Just to follow up on Mr.Tact's post, virtually every account we've seen that's been "blocked" has an account address that doesn't match up with what the credit card company has on file. Please double-check the address for your account and credit card and make sure they match *exactly.*

If you've already done this and your account is still blocked, please email me at [email protected] and we'll investigate.

-Tajima

M

maligant

I have to agree I remember a few times I noticed that my account would get blocked and the first thing I do is check my billing info. And once or even twice I had an old credit card I didn't use anymore still in the billing info. And check bank funds as well... insufficient funds are a good cause of a blocked account.

G

HMM my husband and I have been in the same home for over 25 yrs.same address and our credit card company never fubars our address its been the same for ages. And it is that same house address that EA has for me also. It all matches number for number letter for letter to the address. When I got blocked and called the acct management phone number, I was told that it the credit card was never even billed, to begin with,something malfunction as per SAM at the EA phone number that I called, thus the wrongful blocking of my UO account on 4-25-2003. Needless to say, I have 4 more accounts that have to yet be billed in the first 1-14 days of this month, and I'm quite nervous about these other accts too worried it will happen to them as well.

That acct. was immediately reactivated and apoligies given with 30 free game days of playing..course will worry if that acct gets billed NEXT cyle ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif It is worriesome when one can not even access one's characters, vendors, or game home and ends up blocked thru no fault of one's own, address all matches, phone number to our home, more than sufficient funds, credit card in good standing and been that way paying that acct for nearly 6 yrs and then to be shut down with out a warning even, denied access to everything one has in the game. I was glad they were there and open and reactivated the account immediately when I called.. but it shouldnt have happened at all really.

B

Binah

<blockquote><hr>

Just to follow up on Mr.Tact's post, virtually every account we've seen that's been "blocked" has an account address that doesn't match up with what the credit card company has on file. Please double-check the address for your account and credit card and make sure they match *exactly.*

<hr></blockquote>

To this I must respond that my account was blocked, not from *any* error on my part, but because the OSI billing department/computer screwed up.

All of my information was correct, current, and everything matched *exactly* as it should. So please do not blame us when the fault is on your side!

P

Pwn_Masta_Drac

&gt;&gt; All of my information was correct, current, and everything matched *exactly* as it should. So please do not blame us when the fault is on your side!

Binah, that's really uncalled for. No one was blaming you. That comment was just meant as a reminder. Very likely, some people DID have the information wrong, and that would help them fix their problem.

I don't understand why people have such AGGRESSION towards people who are working to fix problems.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<hr></blockquote>I’m pretty sure that did not happen in my case. The account information has been unchanged since the creation of the account. The account was successfully billed at least once on the existing information and there are multiple accounts using the information.

B

Bluheart

One of our accounts was blocked today. It said that "we" requested it be suspended. That is completely wrong. We did NOT log into account management today. We did NOT request this account be suspended.

It took me 2 calls to the lovely account management people in India to get this resolved, which it was not resolved at all. The 2nd woman did reactivate the account, but we lost 6 days of time. The first woman hung up on me. I could barely hear her most of the time. It was as if she had the receiver on her shoulder, instead of in front of her mouth. I kept telling her she had to speak louder if I were to hear her. She would speak loud enough for a couple of minutes, then very low again. I guess she got tired of me telling her to speak up and hung up. She kept telling me that the credit card I was giving her was invalid. I kept telling her that there are a total of 10 accounts on that credit card, and that was the only account that was closed. I kept asking her that if the credit card was invalid, then why weren't all of them closed. She couldn't seem to grasp what I was saying to her.

I don't know who logged into account management today, or suspended our account, but I'm extremely upset about this. The passwords have been changed and everything is intact.

[rant]
I am EXTREMELY upset about the EXTREMELY POOR customer service that we get when we are forced to call India. It has been this way from the beginning. While I realize that EA wants to farm out the crap work to cheap labor, they could at least hire a company that we can understand what they are saying, and one that the employees have a clue what is going on.

[/rant]

L

LadyTygress

You're right. That was the issue with mine. But what I can't understand is why it didn't match up.

You see, I live in "Peachtree City". That's a fairly long name for a city, but I type the entire thing out everytime, because I know banks are so finicky. I have three UO accounts. Two of my accounts had the name typed out completely. The third did not, and that was the one that got cancelled. Instead, it said "Peachtree Cty". Simply because of a missing i, the CC company rejected it.

But here's the big issue. The city name on that account has been absolutely fine for ages. Now I could have chalked it up to a typo on my part that was just recently checked by the CC company, but both "billing information" and "personal information" had the SAME ERROR. The chances of me making the same exact mistake twice and not noticing it is very slim. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's impossible.

So it seems that someone (or something) tried to shorten the city name for some reason or another, and the CC audit came back with no match. That is where the real problem is. Naturally, when I noticed the error, I corrected it immediately. And now I've been checking my billing information once a month just to be sure it doesn't magically change itself again.

But I am wondering how many other people were affected because something was abbreviated.

T

The Borg

Blueheart, I have had the exact same experience as you. EA is a garbage company.

B

Binah

<blockquote><hr>

I don't understand why people have such AGGRESSION towards people who are working to fix problems.

<hr></blockquote>

The agression comes from YEARS of neglect, abuse, and mistreatment. (Not to mention the YEARS of inept or nonexistant customer support)

By the way, the referal to email [email protected], as suggested by the "que" message while you wait for a GM response, gets you the following;

Suggested Answer
The following is an AUTOMATED REPLY:

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online Game Support! <font color=red>We apologize, but we are no longer accepting game support questions through this mailbox.</font color=red> When you have a question about Ultima Online, please search our Game Wizard at http://uo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/uo.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php. The UO Game Wizard contains Answers to over 700 frequently asked questions about UO, and personal assistance is always available through the Ask a Question feature of the Game Wizard.

Please be sure to include your account name, character name, and shard in all correspondence with us. And remember - NEVER give out your UO password to anyone for any reason! Ultima Online staff will never ask you for your password.

Thank you!

Ultima Online Game Support

H

Hylle

<blockquote><hr>

UO Account Support may be reached by dialing 866-543-5435 (or 512-434-6740 if dialing internationally) and choosing option 2 and option 1. You may also email the UO Account Support Department by choosing the option to "Ask A Question" at eamembers.custhelp.com.

<hr></blockquote>

My experience of calling UO Account Support at the above numbers:

Call 1: International call from UK to 001 512-434-6740. "Level One" billing department picked up the call after 11 minutes of holding, and took another 6 minutes simply to retrieve our account details and then confirm that they have no power to reactivate accounts, and I would need to go back into a queue to speak to "level two" billing.

"Charlie" from level 2 billing then took another 10 minutes to pull up our account details, put us on hold, then disconnect us.

Call 2: Pretty much the same as above, but after holding for 8 minutes we were disconnected by "level one" billing before we even got into the queue for "level two" billing.

Call 3: Asked to be put straight through to "level two" billing, as we were by now aware that level one had no powers to help, and possessed extraordinarily slow typing skills and/or pc connection. We got through once again to "Charlie" who recognised the voice and apologised for cutting us off earlier, but refused to call us back and spend EA's money sorting out the problem, as he didn't know the international code for the UK. He did however confirm that the account was reactivated and we would be able to access it in 10 minutes. At this point I asked for a credit to the account to make up for the now 40+ minutes we had spent on the phone from the UK to India.
"Charlie" said he didn't have the power to do that, and put us back in the queue to speak to "Supervisor Gavin". How I wish that he hadn't! "Supervisor Gavin" said that it was not company policy to refund or credit the account, and that it was my fault that I had spent so long on the phone, and if I didn't put the phone down immediately it was going to cost me even more! I argued that I had read that other people had in fact been offered free gametime to compensate for what was originally EA's error and that I would like the same courtesy extended to me. "Supervisor Gavin" put us on hold for 6 minutes, during which time I took the opportunity to check if the account had in fact been reactivated, and lo and behold, it hadn't. Finally..... "Gavin" came back to the phone, ranted at me in a foreign language (Pakistani?) then hung up.

Finally finally.....90 minutes after the original confirmation that the account had been reactivated....it is in fact still blocked. Joy. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

I've sent this information to Tajima, but who knows how long it will be before we can get back in. Fingers crossed we still have a home to log into.

P

PrettymeSi

It'f funny how they all seem to have non-india sounding names. Mine was "Brandon," but his English was pretty decent and the account information came up in about one minute time.

H

Hylle

<blockquote><hr>

It'f funny how they all seem to have non-india sounding names. Mine was "Brandon," but his English was pretty decent and the account information came up in about one minute time.<blockquote><hr>

Ahh, well you got lucky, or we got stiffed /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

But yes, they all have American sounding names, and they try to talk with a US accent, which I found hilarious, but also rather sad. I mean, make a decision and stick by it, defend it, and have no regrets, thats my motto. Do EA feel so guilty about using a cheap labour force that they are trying to hide the fact? If so, don't use cheap labour!

G

This has to be my pet peeve about uo problems...why should we have to pay for expensive international calls to fix a problem that is not caused by us?
Would be great if you could have an email addy for off shore accts : )