• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

If SA flops

T

Tycolby

How many ppl will close their account if SA is another failure like KR?

I for one think I wont be around much longer if SA fails.

S

StifledArgument

Even if SA flops, UO is still the best game for depth and lack of boredom there is. So I will probably stay until my other half makes me close my accounts.

I came back even though I left all my friends in WoW. I played AoC (nightmare), Vanguard (fun, but too dead). I didn't want to play Darkfall (vapor ware with issues), Warhammer the WoW clone (even though WoW copied them).

If the game dies more or altogether, I might just stop playing MMO's for awhile...or permanently.

I won't go back to WoW, I am sick of the BS timesinks (if you haven't played WoW a long time, and think UO has time sinks, then WoW would help you grasp what real time sinks are). It only has a few things to do, and I am tired of having to raid to have decent gear. PvP is boring even arena (grind grind grind).

So, I will have to wait and see, if I could just get my other half to play, life would be better :)

I hope SA is awesome, but I don't have the faith I should that it will be.

I hope you don't leave though :)

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I look at that SA will give us 6 months to 2 years of possible new content to try. If it doesn’t entice new and returning players to play UO then we will continue to see a steady decline in players.
Currently I’m thinking about trying another MMO but nothing really interests me for one reason or another, I’m more of a casual gamer now which makes it difficult to judge the amount of time and effort I’d be able to put into a new game. I defiantly am looking forward to playing Diablo 3, more than SA actually.

N

Noie

I don't know....that's an awful lot of work just to cancel an account. It'd take like what, 20 clicks? You might as well just keep playing.

Except for you Vahne. You should just throw in the towel and give me your rares!

S

S.W.A.T

I might go ahead and try Darkfall soon, after the holidays and my classes, I love Ultima Online, but the playerbase is just getting smaller and smaller. Tried Transfering to a more populated one, but still wasn't any different for me.

A

Az of DSR

Knights of the old Republic MMO.... no idea on a release date. But that will be the greatest game ever made to date, lol.

ICQ - 8304848 if ya wanna be a jedi with me on the release date. ( =

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You do know that's where several of our devs from UO have moved on to....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Leurocian, for example... (from his FB info)

Employer: BioWare
Position: Systems Designer
Time Period: June 2009 - Present
Description: Star Wars: The Old Republic

There are others that went there too, IIRC - just not as high profile.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

I am still HERE !!
I love playing UO :)......It is like any other game, some days it is boring some days so much to do you can't get it all done....It is all in how you play......Oh wait, I know why I like playing UO so much.....I collect death robes....They will be RARE one day lol.....

Keira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty, I will leave my 2 accounts open even if SA flops. For me with my limited time online UO provides me with a way to keep in touch with friends and new adventures when my time allows it. :)

I will still be here until they close down UO.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty, I will leave my 2 accounts open even if SA flops. For me with my limited time online UO provides me with a way to keep in touch with friends and new adventures when my time allows it. :)

I will still be here until they close down UO.
Same Here !

C

Cruxshadow

come to siege, it so fun. i came here when i was on the verge of quiting again (got tired of no one talking or doing anything on regular shards). Siege is great. there arent as many people, but the people who do play actually play and there is normally alot more goin on than just 50 peopple bank sitting afk. the only people on siege who bank sit a red ghosts burning off counts and thieves waiting in the shadows for you lootz!!! remember how exciting UO used to be? its still like that here.