• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idoc houses

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A friend posted about a house on our board that she saw go from Like New to Slightly worn in minutes. She posted this on Sept 29th about 6:30pm est.

That house fell Oct 2 about 5pm est.

If my count is right that is 3 days. 72 hours.

Mesanna said the houses were set for 5 days or 120 hours. Not on Siege they arent.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My former RP guilds HQ dropped in less than 3 earlier this week. So much history lost :(

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I currently have two houses that have gone from Like New to Greatly Worn in only two days.

Soon to be IDOC and lost.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I currently have two houses that have gone from Like New to Greatly Worn in only two days.

Soon to be IDOC and lost.
Ezekiel, I has a yellow Misk (A Dev Team member, I think) pop onto screen at my decaying keep. IrishElf asks that anyone who has this issue login by their house. Apparently they are trying to sort things out.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they are.

Unfortunately, I was able to trade the vendorless house to the account with the vendor house. I'm now in the process of trying to move 35 full BOD vendors before the still condemed house falls.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch. If you have storage issues let me know. I've got an empty dirt plot you can use for storage.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
They've turned off house decay before. Maybe that's an option till they figure out what they want to do.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Houses only decay if:

A. You place or recieve a new house. - Solution: Don't place or recieve a new house when you already got one.

or

B. Your account is inactive. - Solution: Pay a small monthly fee to keep your account active.

It's that simple... :rolleyes2:

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to the issues we have seen with some of the condemned houses being renewed while RTB is active, we have disabled the housing data base until we fix this issue. We will keep you informed of the progress in this matter. If you have a house that is condemned please email me.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
B. Your account is inactive. - Solution: Pay a small monthly fee to keep your account active.

It's that simple... :rolleyes2:
Not that simple. The problem is that people are reactivating accounts, and not doing the active/inactive cycle, but the houses are decaying anyway because the RTB time period has priority over subscription time — hence the disabling of the housing database.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to the issues we have seen with some of the condemned houses being renewed while RTB is active, we have disabled the housing data base until we fix this issue. We will keep you informed of the progress in this matter. If you have a house that is condemned please email me.
Does this mean that all houses currently in decay will cease decaying for now?

Roadie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunate for those of us who have finally found a spot to place, and are standing here with placement tool in hand, hoping to get it placed before a crowd arrives.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since house placement is turned off, I think it's probably safe to say...Yes all house decay is stopped :)
Perhaps, but it isn't clear from the Dark Lady's post exactly what "disabling the housing database" means... You may be correct, but would love clarification from higher powers... No offense meant.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now I suppose she's gone for the weekend... I guess we'll know soon enough.o_O

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Dark Lady, for taking care of this on what I assume is late for you on a Friday eve... We appreciate it. ... ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The issue was fixed and housing has been turned back on. Thank you for your patience. I have gone in game and fixed several houses. If I have missed any please let me know.
Posting this on uo.com and the patch window would reach more subscribers than Stratics. Please don't just post critical news like this here!