• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Idea for New Item: Introducing War Paint!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make War Paint from cooking skill, like Savage Kin Paint. But give the War Paint different properties to the player. Make multiple types of War Paint. Examples:

War Paint #1: +3 DCI, +3 DEX, +3 Stamina Increase
War Paint #2: +3 SDI, +3 INT, +3 Mana Increase
War Paint #3: +3 HCI, +3 STR, +3 Hit Point Increase
War Paint #4: +5 LMC, +5 SSI, +5 Damage Increase
War Paint #5: +3 to all Resists, +5.0 to all Skills, +5 Reflect Physical Damage

Make the War Paint bonus' stack.

These are just rough suggestions for bonus' to the character from the War Paint. You can make whatever property combinations you wish.

I'd like the War Paint to last minimum of 24 real life hours. Unlike Savage Kin Paint that wears off after one death, make War Paint last for at least 3 - 5 deaths. Again, work out the exact figures at your leisure.

As far as the graphics for War Paint, I'd like different colors for each type of paint. Also, different "markings". Examples:

War Paint #1: Blue with swirls on arms
War Paint #2: Red with swirls on legs
War Paint #3: Purple with swirls on chest
War Paint #4: Green with swirls on face
War Paint #5: Yellow with swirls everything

And again, work out the details at your leisure.

Some ingredients used to make the War Paint could include:

- Tribal Berries
- Fruit (or other food)
- Plant clippings
- Items dropped from creatures

Well, I hope this idea is received well. Please post feedback and ideas.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And this is how I image this...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do like this idea.
It is always nice to have consumables that increase stats to spice things up.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
etherealman on Siege suggested to make the War Paint come off after a death, but proposed that the paint has multiple uses.

"Regular" War Paint will have 3 uses & "Exceptionally Crafted" War Paint will have 5 uses. This is also a good idea & I'm up for more suggestions.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I rather like the idea though I wouldn't think you should be able to have more than one on at a time...

but I think it's really neat and should stack ontop of whatever else you have on your gear etc... Give us a use for some of those other silly items like Coils Fang, Primitive Fetish, etc... besides just a turn in... there is also some things like Elfs ears, Ant Goo and such that could use an added use...

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rather like the idea though I wouldn't think you should be able to have more than one on at a time...

but I think it's really neat and should stack ontop of whatever else you have on your gear etc... Give us a use for some of those other silly items like Coils Fang, Primitive Fetish, etc... besides just a turn in... there is also some things like Elfs ears, Ant Goo and such that could use an added use...
I also, don't think it would be a good idea to mix different types of war paint. It should be one at a time. And the addition of the items you speak of would make great ingredients for the paint. Thanks for contributing.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not a bad concept, but the suggested number of buffs seem pretty high For a consumeable.

I could see dropping the number of buffs and possibly increasing the single buff to 5 of the particular mod.

It'd have to be removed each time you die though.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good idea, except for the stacking. And as has been stated, any benefit goes away upon death.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While we are at this whole consumables idea, can we increase the duration of magic fish pies 6 or 12 fold, pretty pretty please with sugar on top?
They're pretty great consumables, but the 5 minutes duration for them is ridiculous compared to the trouble you have to go to make them. :(