(OT) ICQ Help please......

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
My ICQ is broke and the icq website is about useless when it comes to help.

Anyways whenever i try to connect to ICQ it says standby and never connects. Once in a blue moon it actualy connects. (its connected twice in two weeks. How can i fix this? Ive tryed deleting it and reinstalling and that didnt work. Any suggestions?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
I'm angry at you so i'll take it out on you now...

Kinda sad you don't even play SP anymore and play Atlantic but yet you come here asking for help...wouldn't it be best to ask for help from the Atlantic players that you hang around now?

Just saying...

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Ironicaly the lag killed me on siege. For some reason the server with the smallest population has the most lag for me. Explain that one please? And i didnt quit siege im just taking a break. I was loosing interest and i love this game too much to just not want to play anymore. Also honestly siege has a more helpfull community then anywhere else hence posting here.

Then again you have to look at it from my point of view. My main character is a crafter. My love in the game is running a vendor shop. Low population equals lack of business. Especialy when everyone has Imbue. Im still logging into siege to get my imbue gains. When i get it up i will set up a shop somewhere. But without business when all you love to do is run vendors and craft then you loose your fun.

So for a little while yes ill be playing atlantic. Someone in GIL mentioned running enhanced client to reduce lag. Ill have to get used to it.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
Ironicaly the lag killed me on siege. For some reason the server with the smallest population has the most lag for me. Explain that one please? And i didnt quit siege im just taking a break. I was loosing interest and i love this game too much to just not want to play anymore. Also honestly siege has a more helpfull community then anywhere else hence posting here.

Then again you have to look at it from my point of view. My main character is a crafter. My love in the game is running a vendor shop. Low population equals lack of business. Especialy when everyone has Imbue. Im still logging into siege to get my imbue gains. When i get it up i will set up a shop somewhere. But without business when all you love to do is run vendors and craft then you loose your fun.

So for a little while yes ill be playing atlantic. Someone in GIL mentioned running enhanced client to reduce lag. Ill have to get used to it.
I understand and apologize...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
A week or so ago there was packet loss on the server, but I sent in a trace and they looked at it, I'm not having lag now.

I don't know the answer on icq, but I run it through pidgin because I didn't want all the bells and whistles they insist on adding to icq making the darn thing enormous.
At current time pidgin on my pc is using 11, 056k. When I last used icq proper, and the reason I stopped, it wanted >50k and it's been updated again since then. I shudder to think what it uses now.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I've also just read a post in the tech forum that says the icq toolbar has actually prevented people from logging in to UO, so that could even be contributing to your lag.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 28, 2006
Moonglow
Have you tried running ICQ off of the site using the ICQ2Go. That's what I use, haven't had any problems. I prefer this over having to install the full program.