• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I would like to thank

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mindless devs for adding the new green crystals to the game.

There's nothing more enjoyable that being on test and not being able to move cause there are so many all over the place.

Thanks for a great job at thinking things through!! :loser:

V

Vaen Swiftar

There's nothing more enjoyable that being on test and not being able to move cause there are so many all over the place.

With posts like these, and people like you, I'm sure they're glad they added them as well.

Tard.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With posts like these, and people like you, I'm sure they're glad they added them as well.

Tard.
If they put thought into what the introduce and consider all the children in the game, they would have known not to implement it in the manner that they did.

Which in turn would have made it to where I would not have to post, or deal with it in game!

Think about how annoying it is to want to enter a moongate as a ghost but not being able to because there are 1000's of these green crystals on top of the gate.

Or how about wanting to enter your house, but not being able to because some kid put 1000 crystal piles in a row blocking the entire house entrance?

I pay for 6 accounts and have since 1997. I want to play not to have to clean up after children.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What green crystals? What do they look like. Where do you get the? I have not seen anything blocking moongates or homes.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What green crystals? What do they look like. Where do you get the? I have not seen anything blocking moongates or homes.
Go to test center, Fel Yew and see for yourself.

The area is finally partially cleaned up... thanks to me and about 3 others who have to do this every day, every day, every day, every day, every day, every day, every day... get the drift?

I am getting used to dealing with really stupid game implementations, but in the end, I pay to play, not to clean up. And this definitely stops me from playing.

I dont want to threaten to close my 6 accounts because EA wont care anyway.

All I ask for is common sense and a way to get rid of these things.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL, your mad because something is not right on test center? Thats what test center is for... to get that stuff figured out before getting it to the real shards. You should be glad that this is happeneing on test center and not on normal shards.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to get that stuff figured out before getting it to the real shards.
In this case the way they spawn the green crystals is not how it is being implemented on real shards. So your statement is not totally accurate.. although giving people the ability to use the crystals is for testing.

Is it too much to ask for a way to remove them so that people who want to TEST the new skills in PvP like Myst? Instead you get the 13 year olds who spawn thousands upon thousands of these crystals stopping us from being able to test the skills in PvP.

And yes we could try to go elsewhere, but everyone only goes to Yew gate, which I can't control.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

qft. damn that was annoying.

A

Altec

MORE GREEN CRYSTALS. Thats my vote. If you are playing on test so much that these really effect you. you may as well play on a free shard. Most the people on test are 13 year olds because playing on test is like play DOOM with the god code on.

So stop crying and go play a real shard.

You can always call a gm to clear out the area if it does not leave a path out of the crystals.

There are alot of other things people can drop on the ground that can block your path as well.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MORE GREEN CRYSTALS. Thats my vote. If you are playing on test so much that these really effect you. you may as well play on a free shard. Most the people on test are 13 year olds because playing on test is like play DOOM with the god code on.

So stop crying and go play a real shard.

You can always call a gm to clear out the area if it does not leave a path out of the crystals.

There are alot of other things people can drop on the ground that can block your path as well.
In the past you couldn't even page for a gm on test center. haven't tried recently. But I doubt they would come clean it up.

Yes there are many things that someone can drop on the ground to block your path. But in this case there are these green crystal SPAWNERS. Every time you double click on one it spawns a bag with at least 37 crystals in it.

You can spawn an infinite amount of bags on one spot. You can also empty the entire contents of the bag, the green crystals, on one tile all at the same time. And the only way to remove them is lifting them one at a time or using a horde minion who also lifts them one at a time.

There is a difference between someone putting 125 boxes in their pouch and then dropping them on the ground one at a time vs someone placing 6000 crystals on one tile in 10 seconds.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I thank those who play on test. Name calling them, or comparing it to a free shard, is the stupidity here.

If no one played and tested things there, who the heck would find all the buggy stuff that would skip right thru to prodo, then cause reverts you would all gripe about.

So, idiot league of UO, you QFT. Try it sometime.

A

Altec

Personally I thank those who play on test. Name calling them, or comparing it to a free shard, is the stupidity here.

If no one played and tested things there, who the heck would find all the buggy stuff that would skip right thru to prodo, then cause reverts you would all gripe about.

So, idiot league of UO, you QFT. Try it sometime.
Right because SA was released with out any bugs. Great work test center. lol.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right because SA was released with out any bugs. Great work test center. lol.
Short-sited you are. Just because it has some bugs upon release doesn't mean they didn't fix any at all. Can never get rid of all the bugs, let a lone find them all during testing. Same goes with every game out there.

Would have been a ton of more bugs upon release if it wasn't tested.

A

Altec

I think EA needs to test and maybe play the game a little more themselves before even releasing it to test. Maybe they should also spend some time on a real shard as well.

The problem with test center is a lot of the people on there are 10 year old kids you think test is uo with god mode on. If they want to make test efficient I would make people have to get the ok to be apart of it just like beta testing. Some rules to at least pick people over a certain age, people with no marks on there account, and people who actually show some knowledge of the game not any griefer that get bored on there main so they go mess with people on test or any 10 year old on a power trip.

I also don't know if you noticed but most of the time publishing come off of test unchanged and then something happens on origin that they have to fix.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=961
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=958

Nothing changed till they had to delay the publish for some pet issues on origin.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have seen Yew gate and Luna bank on Test yesterday.

Some kids blocked every path to and from luna bank so you could not get to it unless you had a rune. If your rune wasn't blocked by crystals that is..

The same went for Yew gate, these two kids dropped so many bags of stuff on the ground that it made lag horrible.

As requested in an earlier post I paged a GM, but got no response and no action was taken.

So after about two hours 3 of us got fed up and started to clean it up. We got about 2/3 the way through cleaning up when the same kid came back and dropped more bags and crystals. So I just gave up and logged off.

And let me tell you when I say we cleaned up 2/3 of the bags and crystals, I am talking about 5000 crystals and 1000 bags.

I just wish that they could implement something like us saying "delete crystals" and then target the crystals to delete them.

Also don't forget that to clean these stupid things up we have to have corpses to use as trash cans, which only hold 125 items per corpse.. do the math, it was not a fun time.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you could play a real shard.
I do play both.

But honestly if you have nothing constructive to post on this subject maybe you shouldn't post at all.

After all I am not asking for anything that would affect you in anyway, yet you have to troll.

But I expect this kind of garbage from you in posts, so I shouldn't be surprised.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats interesting is the Devs found time today to put an Ankh at Yew gate TC1. Wish they could haev also addressed the crystals issue.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do play both.

But honestly if you have nothing constructive to post on this subject maybe you shouldn't post at all.

After all I am not asking for anything that would affect you in anyway, yet you have to troll.

But I expect this kind of garbage from you in posts, so I shouldn't be surprised.
I'd be upset if the Dev's invested any time in addressing a non-issue.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have seen Yew gate and Luna bank on Test yesterday.

Some kids blocked every path to and from luna bank so you could not get to it unless you had a rune. If your rune wasn't blocked by crystals that is..

The same went for Yew gate, these two kids dropped so many bags of stuff on the ground that it made lag horrible.

As requested in an earlier post I paged a GM, but got no response and no action was taken.
Hahahaha!

You really think the GMs will respond to pages from the test shard?

I thought everyone knew by now that GMs rarely, if ever, respond to test shard pages.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahahaha!

You really think the GMs will respond to pages from the test shard?

I thought everyone knew by now that GMs rarely, if ever, respond to test shard pages.
Actually I know they don't respond. If you read all the posts carefully you will see that someone told me to do it and I said they don't come to TC.

So just to prove my point i paged.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be upset if the Dev's invested any time in addressing a non-issue.
This may be a non-issue to you. But TC does have its purpose and although you don't seem to care, there are many times bugs are found because of people like me who occasionally get on test.

I can see that you would prefer a patch to just go live and then fix all the issues after the fact rolleyes:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TC is great, when there is actually material to test. What are you logging on to test for right now? There is no publish coming out, no new material that needs o2bavr6's meticulous attention to detail.

There are 4 purposes for TC.

1.) To test new game designs and concepts for bugs and balance.

2.) To try out a new template you think might work but want to test it out before investing time and money into it.

3.) You are really bad at UO and can never seem to get good items, compete, or figure out how to win naturally. Because of the lack of ability you go to test center to feel good about yourself and get a sense of accomplishment.

4.) You get a kick out of griefing group #3, so you log onto test to drop crystals all over the place.

I typically find myself in group 2, but I'm willing to visit group 4 this evening.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TC is great, when there is actually material to test. What are you logging on to test for right now? There is no publish coming out, no new material that needs o2bavr6's meticulous attention to detail.

There are 4 purposes for TC.
Actually a new publish was just implemented. Now this gives me a chance to not only test the new crafting skills but also the new myst skills for PvP.

1.) To test new game designs and concepts for bugs and balance.
Exactly which is what I like to do on test, specifically in regards to PvP. Am I wrong to do this?

2.) To try out a new template you think might work but want to test it out before investing time and money into it.
Again exactly! Think of how many diff PvP temps there are. IT can take days of testing the diff temps against the new skills. Let alone that every suit of armor is designed around a specific temp and its skills. so you have to make a ton of armor, jewels and weapons.

3.) You are really bad at UO and can never seem to get good items, compete, or figure out how to win naturally. Because of the lack of ability you go to test center to feel good about yourself and get a sense of accomplishment.
Heh I sure hear you with this, but I do not fall under this. If you would like me to prove it, PM me and I will walk you around Chessy to my 6 houses/accounts (3 of which are 12 years old and not bought on ebay either) and show you my millions and millions of gold. As well as my PvP suits that cost 500 mill each... albeit they prob don't cost that much anymore to make since imbuing. Heck I paid 80 mill for my gloves 3 years ago, let alone the 75 mill i paid for my ring.

In the end if you would like to compare accounts I am more than happy to.

4.) You get a kick out of griefing group #3, so you log onto test to drop crystals all over the place.
These are the people who **** me off. They stop us from not only being able to play but also to be able to test things. Yes you can say that we should just go elsewhere to pvp, but you know as well as anyone that most PvP is at Yew gate. and you will most likely run across every PVP temp at yew gate, which will save a lot of time in making the temps with friends to test PvP.

I typically find myself in group 2, but I'm willing to visit group 4 this evening.
Not sure if you are saying that you will join them in dropping crystals on the ground, but if you are, you just lost any credibility you may have had. If you are not then no comment on your last line.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL, I jut found out that the GM's did come to test to place the ankh and they banned the one guy who was placing all the crystals!!

So props to the GM's and EA!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I know they don't respond. If you read all the posts carefully you will see that someone told me to do it and I said they don't come to TC.

So just to prove my point i paged.
Hehe, yeah I'm guilty of not reading carefully :p