• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] I was Scammed by Nemesis & Symantec

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Well, it happens to eveyone!!!
Happened to me to trust someone from this Forum!

I was scammed by Nemesis, Symantec - ICQ 415989414

Lost 800M

Lesson Learned!

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do they post a lot here? I don't recognize any of those names as anyone I'd trust or even know/heard about.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's Him!!!
I do not think you get what Kylie is saying, Nemesis has not been on these forums in ten years and Symantec in five. Not sure why you would trust someone who hasn't posted in that many years.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not sure why you would trust someone who hasn't posted in that many years.
Agreed. To me there are only a few reasons why someone would stop posting here.

1- Stopped playing UO
2- Found Stratics lacking (just stating possible reasons lol)
3- Got banned from Stratics
4- The rares community stopped dealing with them because of bad or scamming tendencies

Or that's about all the reasons I can think of...

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Agreed. To me there are only a few reasons why someone would stop posting here.

1- Stopped playing UO
2- Found Stratics lacking (just stating possible reasons lol)
3- Got banned from Stratics
4- The rares community stopped dealing with them because of bad or scamming tendencies

Or that's about all the reasons I can think of...
1- Stopped playing UO - Could have sold his account aswell

Most scammers if people notice, use other peoples names its a huge flaw in Ultima Online, thats why everyone should be part of a guild with unique tags, to avoid issues like that aswell, not saying this happened to you like that, but its a major issue that still plagues this game and its community of players.

It is possible the guy could have sold his account or another player has hi-jacked his names.. without any real evidence on the situation no one can really judge what exactly went down on this situation, just assume.

Knowing the guy hasnt logged into this website in years would surely lead me to assume it either wasnt him, or what Kylie has listed off.

Sorry you got scammed, it happens alot on UO.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The users Nemesis and Symantec were not the same person. They didn't even live in the same country!
Neither name is particularly distinctive and, as all know, names in UO are not unique.
A simple members search on Stratics for 'Nemesis' gives you:
Nemesis
Nemesis -GL
NeMeSiS1004
Nemesis1974
nEmEsIs230
nemesiscd
NemesisDesignz
nemesisblanc
NemesisTcT
Nemesis_l
I venture to suggest that all of those posters have, or had, a character in UO named Nemesis. How would you know which, if any, of those scammed you, or if it's an entirely different 'Nemesis'? Not all who read here, and respond to sales giving an icq number, are actually registered posters.
I will now lock this with the recommendation that if you choose to trade in the future you read and take note of the guidelines in our sticky thread.

http://community.stratics.com/threads/guidelines-for-safer-trading.231250/

Status
Not open for further replies.