• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] I Was Just Informed....

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just informed by a player on Atlantic that 90% of the rares community has no respect for me anymore after 15 years off and on collecting. I would certainly like to get to the root of the problem. Here is what was said about me:

I scam people selling items that are not rare as rares.
I am very rude to other rares collectors.
I cheat people out of rares.

If by chance I have offended anyone, I sincerely apologize. I am a rares collector and a merchant. I do buy for as little as I have to pay for an item and sell for as much as I can get for it. That is being a merchant. That seems to be the only way I am able to get gold to buy rares. With the very rare exception of getting a drop from an event.

I have quit many times and sold off my entire collection. I have come back many times and rebuilt. I have never sold anything intentionally as a rare item that wasn't rare. I do know the difference between a Server Birth Rare, True Rare, No Longer Spawning Rare and items that are rare through the scarcity of the items. I have never misrepresented any of my items with knowledge, though it is possible that I have been misinformed on an item or two in the past.

I wish to remain a respected member of the rares community. If anyone has any kind of problem with me please let me know so that I may take care of it and make amends.

Thanks!

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think you will find many rare collectors do exactly what you do. It's part of the game, if people don't want stuff being resold don't sell for cheap :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
90% of people who claim to speak for 90% of any given community are usually 90% full of it. My advice would be to ignore 90% of what was said.
Here is was thinking up a response and as usual Petra Fyde cut through all the Garbage and got to the bottom line straight away.

Big Thanks Petra Fyde

RowanElizabeth you are a true Gem and always welcome in my world. Pleasure having you back many times over:)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
* applauds*

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Exactly.......................Go Make some Chain Mail. :whip:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all. I am not sure why I let the person get to me.
Been there. Only when they start on me it's '90% of Stratics posters'. Even when you know it's not true, it still hurts and makes you wonder if you're in the wrong. :grouphug: