• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I want a login poll !!!

K

Kith Kanan

On the login page I want a poll that you have to finish before you can login

Do you want insurance removed yes or no

// not a ... do you want insurance removed in Tram , Fel , SA what ever / in case off / only so many bla bla bla

just a simple do you want insurance removed : yes or no ..... I predict atleast 90% says no thx :)

Soo can we have this so we can shut up the " if only we could remove insurance it would save the world " threads ????

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soo can we have this so we can shut up the " if only we could remove insurance it would save the world " threads ????
The thought is nice but it wouldn't shut anyone up. This week some of the most ridiculous crap has been posted and advocated for. The arguments are weak at best and they know there is no way in hell any developer is gonna to do more than observe the banter. The ultimate hope is some perfect storm of people are going to start posting in favor of some lame ass idea hatched by the 6 people who are currently waging war on the boards with their verbal diarrhea.

I'd still like to have the poll just so the developers know exactly where the majority stands though. Even if the poll results were not made public I'm confident the result would be as you say. It's funny, most of the topics of discussion on the board bewilder people I talk to in game about them. I might know 1 person in UO out of hundreds that would like insurance removed. That's not to say they wouldn't like to have a pre ren shard but that's a whole other ball of wax.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you cannot just restrict it to yes or no, because no one (or no one that is reasonable, anyway!) is suggesting that it be removed from all lands, only Fel. So no, you may not have a poll that is skewed from the beginning to show what you want it to :lick:

Now, a poll that asks exactly what you want it not to, sure. There needs to be an option for "what happens in Fel doesnt effect me" and "what happens in Tram doesnt effect me".

Also, IMHO, first other things in the game need to be addressed and adjusted before this is a viable option at all, even for Fel.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
id rather see it limited. and people have to go to an insurer to get things insured. and it cost more. and a few other things that make the other things i said mean someting more.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I want a login poll !!!
I want, gimmi gimmi gimmi

I think it's about time to remove Item Insurance and make bones lootable, even in Trammel. Then you can try how far you get from yelling "I want, gimmi gimmi gimmi" at the one who are looting your body after he killed you.

You will learn fast to say "please" and "can I have"

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we have a poll it shouldn't include removing insurance from Tram. I don't see the need for trying to suggest risk in a facet where folks are clearly averse to it. So let's be sensible if we're going for a poll, the loss of insurance applies just to Fel. Then players who want safety can have it and those who want risk can play production shard Fel.

I don't mind who gets to vote as long as it's crystal clear they're voting about Fel. Might work in our favour if Tram players who hate Fel get to vote - I'm sure they'd be delighted to see us taking more risk lol.

But yeah, take out the Tram loss of insurance and you've got a deal. But being Uhall, you're a bit optimistic hoping nobody will start the discussion again at a later date.

Wenchy

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could ignore this post.
But it's irresistible to reply when I see statements like :

"I think it's about time to remove Item Insurance and make bones lootable, even in Trammel. Then you can try how far you get from yelling "I want, gimmi gimmi gimmi" at the one who are looting your body after he killed you."

"No, you cannot just restrict it to Yes or No, because no one(or no one that is reasonable, anyway!) is suggesting that it be removed from all lands, only Fel. So no, you may not have a poll that is skewed from the beginning to show what you want it to."

What a load of crap.. LOL..
Non-PVPers suggesting stuff to address issues that don't exist which hypothetically affect their game-play directly.. Those issues being insurance in Felucca.

Yeah, that makes sense!! Whooo! :gun: :coco: As much as Freja trying to teach us manners as if we pay her/him to play and not EA.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NEW gold sink item instance cost 10,000 gold per item in fel

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"I think it's about time to remove Item Insurance and make bones lootable, even in Trammel. Then you can try how far you get from yelling "I want, gimmi gimmi gimmi" at the one who are looting your body after he killed you."

"No, you cannot just restrict it to Yes or No, because no one(or no one that is reasonable, anyway!) is suggesting that it be removed from all lands, only Fel. So no, you may not have a poll that is skewed from the beginning to show what you want it to."

Non-PVPers suggesting stuff to address issues that don't exist which hypothetically affect their game-play directly.. Those issues being insurance in Felucca.

Yeah, that makes sense!! Whooo! :gun: :coco: As much as Freja trying to teach us manners as if we pay her/him to play and not EA.
I am not going to argue with either you or Winchy on this.

IF the issue is Insurance AND IF Trammel Players CAN ENTER FELUCCA, then it is very disingenuous to say they have NO SAY in the matter.

Now if the Umbilical Cord were cut between the two, then your right, the Trammel side would have NO RELEVANCE in such a discussion. *Shrug* I see that as being more probable than the removal of Insurance.

If Insurance were removed, I do not see how the population of Felucca would be larger, INITIALLY. I would expect it to decrease then after a period of time, increase. I also would expect the make up of the population would be comprised of very different people. Or in short, Having no Insurance in Felucca may very well equal cutting the Umbilical Cord between Felucca and Trammel.

K

Kith Kanan

I want, gimmi gimmi gimmi

I think it's about time to remove Item Insurance and make bones lootable, even in Trammel. Then you can try how far you get from yelling "I want, gimmi gimmi gimmi" at the one who are looting your body after he killed you.

You will learn fast to say "please" and "can I have"

Yeah right it will be cold day in hell before I beg or even ask a griefer for anything , remove insurance and I'll prob close down all my accounts within a month....
Or if not , and thats a mega maybe , hope for tram guild war fares for my pvp , and sell my 5 Fel houses . In that case I'll prob leave the game within short time anyways.

Dont like insurance go play siege .............

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about a login poll to remove trammel ruleset before this?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yeah right it will be cold day in hell before I beg or even ask a griefer for anything , remove insurance and I'll prob close down all my accounts within a month....
Or if not , and thats a mega maybe , hope for tram guild war fares for my pvp , and sell my 5 Fel houses . In that case I'll prob leave the game within short time anyways.

I believe no insurance would be good for the game.

Item insurance do not belong to Felucca and there is no reason for it in Trammel.
Is it 14 min you have to get back to your bones? Why do you need item insurance in Trammel. Sure you may need friends to help you get it back.

I don't like your attitude, that's what I reacted on.

S

ShadowJack

spoiled much?

no juice for you

S

ShadowJack

How about a poll to turn AOL legends into an all trammel shard and let kith move there.

M

Moonstar

Insurance is good

Poll wouldn't do much to change anything, people with bad ideas will still feel the need to share them with other people in hopes to find someone to agree with them .. as if that would make much of a difference.

now a shard that's reverted back to the old days.. maybe just after Tram was put in would be pretty cool. If they were to make drastic changes then they should just make a new shard to put those changes in so those 10 or 15 ppl that liek the idea can go ahead and have fun with it.

Insurance has ben ingame for too long.. they aren't going to just take it out, no matter how many threads a person makes.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Insurance makes the game less item based. If there was no insurance it'd be so annoying to have to re-up with new 2/4 jewels every single time. I'd just cancel my accounts.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really care much to comment on this topic but i do like the idea of polls on the login page. This way you get the opinion of the entire community instead of just those who post here.

S

ShadowJack

Insurance is good

Poll wouldn't do much to change anything, people with bad ideas will still feel the need to share them with other people in hopes to find someone to agree with them .. as if that would make much of a difference.

now a shard that's reverted back to the old days.. maybe just after Tram was put in would be pretty cool. If they were to make drastic changes then they should just make a new shard to put those changes in so those 10 or 15 ppl that liek the idea can go ahead and have fun with it.

Insurance has ben ingame for too long.. they aren't going to just take it out, no matter how many threads a person makes.
I would support a pre -AOS ruleset shard with trammel and fel, not just a recycled SP

the 10 -15 people that like it are probably the only people who stuck with the game through it's eq mindset induction, the average UO player used to hate item based games such as EQ those people gave up a long time ago

I think the option to play (once again, not a sp type shard) the way they used to like would get those gamers back

instead of pushing them to another shard though, I think it would be better to putt those numbers on prodo shards the fill them out more.

fel doesn't really need insurance

people that want it should play trammel

like I said, if your idea of insurance in fel is better than a fel without it, then where are all the numbers of people playing in fel?

At least this shakes things up and shows the potential for bringing in old and new players attracted to the mindset of pre-aos style play

leaving trammel the same

and having the best of both worlds in one video game on one server.

Like I said, it's not likely to happen, but it's a valid option to consider, since fel is laying the big goose egg

instead of leaving the game to the modern day UO player mindset, that is soft in it's greed for items and it's pampering with insurance, this opens it to different gamers and broadens the entire world for everyone.

If it was done tastefully and done with proper balance, then you'd find a lot of people leaving fel, a lot of people coming to try it out, a lot of people staying put

but it shakes things up, makes it dangerous and exciting to be in fel

It does all kinds of things positive and negative, but I just see the positives as outweighing the negative.

something on that large of a scale might not even be possible, can they even code the insurance to toggle through the facet changes?

It's a big step, but it's more of a brainstorm. A lot of people are freaking out like a dev is going to read this and be like "hey that's a good idea, we're gonna do it tomorrow"

that's not the case

even if stealing weren't in the game at all, I would still support no insurance in fel.

pushing it to SP doesn't help bring players to your shard, if your shard is underpopulated, maybe you need to be shaken out of your comfort zone. There is trammel for when you can't handle it.

the game was about 6 years without insurance and about 5 with, maybe meeting in the middle will bring the people who like both

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes remove insurance BUT ALLOW cbds for armour too....afterall they are clothing too.

kinda makes tailoring ok again ...will breathe life into tailoring once again...for clothing bless deeds and the price for cbds will increase too...

K

Kith Kanan

I believe no insurance would be good for the game.

Item insurance do not belong to Felucca and there is no reason for it in Trammel.
Is it 14 min you have to get back to your bones? Why do you need item insurance in Trammel. Sure you may need friends to help you get it back.

I don't like your attitude, that's what I reacted on.

And I'm just reacting to the score of siege peopel and peopel who apparently dont even play the game anymore , who want to ruin the game I play.

shadowjack posted :

" I would support a pre -AOS ruleset shard with trammel and fel, not just a recycled SP "

Hell so would I and I would prob make a char or two there to fiddle with , but I dont want my main shard messed with .. period !!!!!

I dont know the timer , but I thought you had played long enough to have lost ya bones to a discon or a client crash , back when you lost a few 100 regs or a GM archer suit at 1800 gold it was of no real consequense , but with the high end suits today it surely is.

And yes insurance belongs in Fel and in Tram , except if you play on siege , please stop trying to force your way of playing onto us that do not want it....

S

ShadowJack

The game evolved away from what it was, it's time for it to evolve away from some of what it is. It's growth.

The whole point of no insurance, is to not have uber suits in fel.

K

Kith Kanan

How about a poll to turn AOL legends into an all trammel shard and let kith move there.

How about we turned it into a pre AOS and you went there , and I would come pk the hell out of you ??? I'm no AOS noob , I played this game for years when there whee no trammel , but it was a diff game back then...
Items , except a very few , where alot easier to replace ... and no it would not be better for crafters because everybody and there mom had there own crafters even back then , atleast if you where a hard core gamer ,

hell I had a vendor placed next to my forge , only to price the weapons and armour I made , because they could tell the subtel diff in quality players could not just by looking at it... dont tell me the game was not item based back then .. only diff is there where alot less diff kinds of items , and they where easier to replace

Now bugger off aand stop trying to ruin the reg servers for peopel who do not want any part of this no insurance crap ...

S

ShadowJack

Oh and you want to know some loss, I tried to put a tower down below brit caves when trammel came out and a crash or something (can't remember) made me lose it

then a guildmate accidentally cast ev and I was killed when I went to put a small tower nearby and while I was rezzing someone else got the spot, disgusted I moved back to my fel fire island home

When aos came in all of my 7x gm chars were nerfed, not only by having to drop gm skills to raise others to 120, but also in making the scrolls so damn hard to get.

my main char the thief couldn't steal in fel anymore, and all of a sudden I had to have a note book beside the computer to keep track of item property stats on the suits I was using

You want to complain?

No insurance in fel seems like a minor issue to me.

I remember it took me a year or more to get familiar with this game my first char was on drach, because I didn't care about timezones and etc..

I didn't use stratics or websites or even uoa to shortcut my gameplay and game experience

I played the damn game

I learned to get around the pks and to make due with what I had and not to be greedy and item hungry

I remember having 80 swords and 100 strength on my first char and thinking I was the bomb diggity

So yeah, no insurance in fel is absolutly not a big deal to me.

K

Kith Kanan

The game evolved away from what it was, it's time for it to evolve away from some of what it is. It's growth.

The whole point of no insurance, is to not have uber suits in fel.
Buhu crying much because you have no uber suit ???? :loser:

If it wassent for the sport of trying to put a good suit together for all my toons , I would have quit a looong time ago

S

ShadowJack

and you would never be able to pk me kith, I play a thief and play it well

you wouldn't catch me, and you wouldn't even find me if I didn't want you to

more than likely I'd look at what char you were playing and find a way to kill you

I don't need a house to live in, or static spots to hang around.

So yeah, laughin @ you

look at me I pk in fel with my uber gear, I might have to rez 80000 times to come back, but when I do finally kill you at least I still have all my stuff and I can talk trash forever

S

ShadowJack

rofls I can't stop laughing at you

too much *and I'm really loling out loud every time I reread anything you write* tram and insurance are for people like you

I could propose a return to the gm based system to help the crazy hybrids

leaving the 120 system for pure classes that are limited

like that idea?

no? settled in now are we?

rofls

K

Kith Kanan

Ohhh a nakid griefer why do I bother reading what your posting then...
And tbh I've NEVER in all the years I've played been killed by a thief , the skill points you give up to be able to steal from me , makes it to easy to deal with you in combat......
And with the skills today it would be even easier , the prob is not killing you , but having scores of your kind snooping around , trying to steal stuff without risking to loss anything yourself , thats what did and would today bug the hell out of me.... low lifes playing only to herass and grief other players ...... I'm happy if I dont have to deal with your kind today, and if your on a diff server than me all the better !!!!

C

Connor_Graham

and you would never be able to pk me kith, I play a thief and play it well

you wouldn't catch me, and you wouldn't even find me if I didn't want you to

more than likely I'd look at what char you were playing and find a way to kill you

I don't need a house to live in, or static spots to hang around.

So yeah, laughin @ you
Yep, you're a real super duper uber goober aren't ya?

:loser:

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

// not a ... do you want insurance removed in Tram , Fel , SA what ever / in case off / only so many bla bla bla

just a simple do you want insurance removed : yes or no ..... I predict atleast 90% says no thx :)

Go play Siege and shut up.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I have little doubt that well over 90% would say no (if the question was phrased in an clear and understandable manner). But I doubt that with everything going on they will waste their time with a poll on an issue that's effectively been long since settled.

For the most part, the only people whining about item insurance are the Fellies who dominate these boards. Or at least have until fairly recently when some of us have started to step up some (which is nice to see btw, thank you).

-Galen's player

S

ShadowJack

if the thief has nothing to lose

shouldn't you point out that you don't either

except the five seconds it takes to get a rez and to run back to action?

D

D'Amavir

Definitely can't stack the deck in your favor on things like this. Your poll suggestion is akin to the old

"Do you like it when you beat your wife?" poll type things. You have to answer yes or no.

Besides, just because a certain number of people might pick yes or no on any poll at any given time, that does not and should not remove any discussions on that subject. If people want to create a thread to discuss improvements they would like to see made, they should be able to do so. Now, I don't support trolling but actual threads made to create discussion are fine.

D

D'Amavir

Yes! But be sure that its a shard that has a lot of flaws that he/she won't like as well. Make it a shard where powerscrolls don't exist. Make it a shard where resources are half what they are on other shards. Make it so that you can only make one character on this shard. And make skill gain much much slower and more mind numbing. But also make it to where you have to create a new character to go there instead of transfering one.

That way, it will fit in with the whole flawed 'go the Siege if you don't like *insert any complaint ever made about a prod shard here*.

D

D'Amavir

Oh, I have little doubt that well over 90% would say no (if the question was phrased in an clear and understandable manner). But I doubt that with everything going on they will waste their time with a poll on an issue that's effectively been long since settled.

For the most part, the only people whining about item insurance are the Fellies who dominate these boards. Or at least have until fairly recently when some of us have started to step up some (which is nice to see btw, thank you).

-Galen's player
Fellies dominate these boards? Wow, I guess I missed that with the hundreds of posts made by Trammel players everytime an 'Improve Fel', 'Give double resources in Trammel', 'Put Powerscrolls in Trammel', 'Nerf thieves', 'Remove Insurance' or 'Allow Reds in Trammel' thread is made.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want a Stratics Poll, would you like to see Kith Kanan removed as a Stratics poster....yes/no?

K

Kith Kanan

Yes! But be sure that its a shard that has a lot of flaws that he/she won't like as well. Make it a shard where powerscrolls don't exist. Make it a shard where resources are half what they are on other shards. Make it so that you can only make one character on this shard. And make skill gain much much slower and more mind numbing. But also make it to where you have to create a new character to go there instead of transfering one.

That way, it will fit in with the whole flawed 'go the Siege if you don't like *insert any complaint ever made about a prod shard here*.
Hmmm that would be fair if not for the fact that the only complaint I have is removing insurance ... nope instead we should make a pre tram shard , real old school , and you peopel who want to remove insurance , could get a xfer token there .... that way the few of you could stop bugging the rest of us :)

S

ShadowJack

that's why you aren't an effective debator, you can't ignore people you don't like, it makes you one sided and gives you nothing to work against in an argument or discussion

and you should never get too old for legos kid

I think they should put a lego ethy in the game, it'd fit just fine in fel now a days

whooooo zing

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Non-PVPers ....
Guess what, honey? I am a long way from being a Non-PvPer, and its me you are quoting there. I play in Fel 90% or more of the time. Only time I dont is for Doom and the peerless that don't appear in Fel. I don't play on Siege, I play on Prodo Shards. What I am, is someone who is completely against an official poll being skewed from the start to show what someone wants it to. No matter what the subject.

It is good to know who you are quoting before you say they are a Trammie.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to argue with either you or Winchy on this.

IF the issue is Insurance AND IF Trammel Players CAN ENTER FELUCCA, then it is very disingenuous to say they have NO SAY in the matter.
Tram players should have a say, but as I'm suggesting just removal of insurance in Fel, I'm not sure all would vote against such a proposal. I don't mind either way, I'll let players decide and then locate myself on the appropriate shard.

Now if the Umbilical Cord were cut between the two, then your right, the Trammel side would have NO RELEVANCE in such a discussion. *Shrug* I see that as being more probable than the removal of Insurance.
I hope the link isn't severed, that's one of the main reasons why I want to stay on a production shard and come up with a workable solution to the issues here. I know I wouldn't want to move shards just to experience a different playstyle, so I doubt others would too. Thus IMO separating Fel is not a good idea...

If Insurance were removed, I do not see how the population of Felucca would be larger, INITIALLY. I would expect it to decrease then after a period of time, increase. I also would expect the make up of the population would be comprised of very different people. Or in short, Having no Insurance in Felucca may very well equal cutting the Umbilical Cord between Felucca and Trammel.
I think a few ex players may be tempted back, some new folks might try Fel if they don't feel the need for uber kit and there's the possibility of ganking one of the strong PvPers to get their kit. But it's impossible to say for sure. I just want the distinct difference from Tram to Fel and a clear screen when players go from Tram to Fel indicating that they should remember about the insurance thing. I don't want players finding out the hard way, just to bring a bit more risk and hopefully fewer uber items, to Fel.

Wenchy

S

Sheridan

Can we please continue this conversation without attacking and trolling each other? That would be great. Thanks.

K

Kratos Aurion

Unless the subject is an easy answer, I would like more informative polls with several options (not just yes/no).

/signed for log-in polls

Example Poll:

How do you feel about the condition of Bags of Sending?

option 1) I like the change to the bags of sending. It restricts the overall amount of gold entering the economy by using a weight-to-gold ratio and requires players to leave active spawn locations frequently.

option 2) I'm indifferent to the change to bags of sending. The change has not effected me or I have adapted to the change to suit my playstyle.

option 3) I do not like the bag of sending changes. It creates further impeding distractions to my daily hunting and actually costs more time/effort for me to refill the bag now than previously before the changes.

S

Sir Stain

With the advent of really nice expensive hard to get items like the new sorceress armors and such, why would someone want to ever wear it or go to the trouble of getting it if it were lost the first time one dies. The game would have to be revamped if the insurance program were done away with. I vote a big no even for fel much less the rest of the lands. Nice post by the way!