• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I tried, I really did...

lindylou

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded UO and got a trial account but no matter what I did, I couldn't get things to work out for me. I felt like I was going round and round in circles.

For those that know or don't know, I'm an old broad and great grandma (FIVE great grandkids!) and I am now totally blind in my right eye and losing vision in the left (macular degeneration). It was just too hard for me to get the game resolution/size to where I could enjoy it. I wish it weren't so.

I made so many friends at Lake Austin and miss you all. I will check in now and then to keep up with y'all.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Oh Leia I'm so sorry :(. I will miss you.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember you =) I'm sorry to hear about your sight. =( I had trouble as well and turned my big screen tv into a monitor since all this reality tv is sooooo boring. How many cop programs do I have to watch before I lose my sanity?? Not many more...

If you use pinco's interface with the enhanced client you can at least make the text about any size you would like it and any color, just a suggestion.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Wow Arrgh sounds nice. I think I may have to try this out myself, as I just decided that the four programs remaining on tv that I like aren't worth the money I pay to get them! Gives a new use for my 46" ! :) Try as I might I cannot see those teeny weeny little pics in the packs on the enhanced client and it drives me BATTY! But maybe on 46" I could make them out.

I remember you =) I'm sorry to hear about your sight. =( I had trouble as well and turned my big screen tv into a monitor since all this reality tv is sooooo boring. How many cop programs do I have to watch before I lose my sanity?? Not many more...

If you use pinco's interface with the enhanced client you can at least make the text about any size you would like it and any color, just a suggestion.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Arrgh sounds nice. I think I may have to try this out myself, as I just decided that the four programs remaining on tv that I like aren't worth the money I pay to get them! Gives a new use for my 46" ! :) Try as I might I cannot see those teeny weeny little pics in the packs on the enhanced client and it drives me BATTY! But maybe on 46" I could make them out.
I understand 100% regarding the worthless television these days. The History channel really isn't worth the time anymore as are any of the other stations like NatGeo etc. This country is being dumbed down so fast and so badly it amazes me. It makes me wonder what these Who Owns What on Television? companies are really up to but that's a completely different issue eh?

Anyway, the larger monitor makes a difference. :) You are using the grid packs or old time packs? I haven't had any problem seeing items in my pack using the grid option and in the classic client I can see everything well, much better than that 24 inch screen. If you use enhanced client, Pinco UI let's you stretch windows, text, etc to any size you like and it's not hard to use, it's just sort of hard to get used to the graphics after so many years of classic client use.

This is more for LindyLou and anyone else who has vision problems. I have used it myself when I lost my contacts. You can use the magnifier option in the accessories>ease of access folder on start menu. Make sure to read the ? icon. If you're using Aero in Vista, Win 7 you can fullscreen with the magnifier.

I really wish after all these years the developers would let us finally "stretch" our game play window in classic client instead of giving us limited choices, fullscreen is way too much in classic and the other options aren't really that great either.

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hun i wish I know you were having problems with your monitor and such, i can try and get you a 21 inch or larger monitor and send it to you? I know its not much but hun you are a dear friend and always enjoyed playing with you!

lindylou

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hun i wish I know you were having problems with your monitor and such, i can try and get you a 21 inch or larger monitor and send it to you? I know its not much but hun you are a dear friend and always enjoyed playing with you!
Awww that's so sweet of you, Bels. I have a 23" monitor now and no room to go higher.

lindylou

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand 100% regarding the worthless television these days. The History channel really isn't worth the time anymore as are any of the other stations like NatGeo etc. This country is being dumbed down so fast and so badly it amazes me. It makes me wonder what these Who Owns What on Television? companies are really up to but that's a completely different issue eh?

Anyway, the larger monitor makes a difference. :) You are using the grid packs or old time packs? I haven't had any problem seeing items in my pack using the grid option and in the classic client I can see everything well, much better than that 24 inch screen. If you use enhanced client, Pinco UI let's you stretch windows, text, etc to any size you like and it's not hard to use, it's just sort of hard to get used to the graphics after so many years of classic client use.

This is more for LindyLou and anyone else who has vision problems. I have used it myself when I lost my contacts. You can use the magnifier option in the accessories>ease of access folder on start menu. Make sure to read the ? icon. If you're using Aero in Vista, Win 7 you can fullscreen with the magnifier.

I really wish after all these years the developers would let us finally "stretch" our game play window in classic client instead of giving us limited choices, fullscreen is way too much in classic and the other options aren't really that great either.
I tried the magnifier and it drove me crazy trying to make it work for me. I don't have a lot of patience anymore. LOL I don't have cable or satellite TV and I can't use the computer with the TV.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried the magnifier and it drove me crazy trying to make it work for me. I don't have a lot of patience anymore. LOL I don't have cable or satellite TV and I can't use the computer with the TV.

Yeah, that magnifier can drive you batty if the hotkeys aren't set just right. I use it as a last resort due to a lack of patience myself. =P

You're not missing much imho w/o cable or satellite. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch most TV programs these days.

Oh btw, did you try the enhanced client? You seriously can set the font size, window sizes, "almost" everything can be set to a comfortable viewing angle/size. It just takes getting used to =/